Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2004, 10:39 PM
Tech Master

yes the T1R is a xray car, and ive never heard anything about that, but thankfuly my lhs stks AE,Losi,HPI, and now Xray parts so finding parts is no big deal anymore lucky me eh

lazy
Old 07-15-2004, 10:42 PM
Tech Master

Cool

sry for the double post. but i have to say for a belt car my xxxs is the free-est between the 2 belt car that i won at the moment and thats with the yellow belt. i say that the black on is over rated and isnt really need if the yellow one word just fine..... and for those prp shock towers those might be on my to buy list of stuff thats like a mile long

lazy
Old 07-15-2004, 11:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

lazy.

i should be up at trackside soon if you want to checkout the MT2 PRP towers....

or sell that Pro4 you have to me
Old 07-17-2004, 03:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Kinda quiet in here.
Old 07-17-2004, 03:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

yeah, a little too quiet

I guess your not racing today James?
Old 07-17-2004, 03:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Matt Howard
yeah, a little too quiet

I guess your not racing today James?
I was gonna run if STLNLST was running so he couldn't win but he is taking a break I guess?
Old 07-17-2004, 03:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by James Nguyen
I was gonna run if STLNLST was running so he couldn't win but he is taking a break I guess?
Yeah, I think everyone teased him too much about getting beat by TK while everyone was down at the Revo race so he's taking a break.
Old 07-17-2004, 03:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Would switching the rear arms(and then flipping them, so "graphite" is upsidedown) have any affect on handling? I'm trying to figure out what went wrong today.
Old 07-17-2004, 03:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Cardboard
Would switching the rear arms(and then flipping them, so "graphite" is upsidedown) have any affect on handling? I'm trying to figure out what went wrong today.
you mean running a rear arm with the word "graphite" upsidedown do anything? no it wouldn't.
Old 07-17-2004, 03:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

I mean, putting the left arm on the right side, and vice-versa, then flipping them, so they fit.
Old 07-17-2004, 03:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Cardboard
I mean, putting the left arm on the right side, and vice-versa, then flipping them, so they fit.
both rear arms are the same so you can run them on either side regardless of what direction the word reads.
Old 07-17-2004, 04:29 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Nexus
lazy.

i should be up at trackside soon if you want to checkout the MT2 PRP towers....

or sell that Pro4 you have to me

lol right nexus, i would never sell the pro4 to your cuz you would treat it like a belt car when you come up bring the the car with the rubber tires not foam lol the rubber class is way more fun........you can knock on the pro4 all you want but when you see it pass you on the track your gunna wish it hadnt

lazy
Old 07-17-2004, 07:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ah, thanks.
I'm going to try to explain my problem because I can't figure it out.
The car spins out after every turn. Not that quick, hook 360 you get when you try to drive with a popped-off pivot ball, but more of a slow, drifting rear gradually pulling the the front and spinning out. You see the rear of the car coming around........it's actually pretty fricken cool.
I'v checked for seized bearings, CVD problems, jammed suspension joints, busted shocks.....and haven't found anything. The car was tweaked out perfectly, and the tires were new(which leads me to another question below......) I did find a severly bent hex hub pin, but I don't remeber if it was rubbing the bearing.
So, what could it be?
Also......can someone direct me to a good base setup for carpet. I've completely lost the handle because i've been using abnormal bodies and tires. Thanks........
Old 07-18-2004, 10:00 AM
Tech Regular

You mentioned you checked for binding right? Did you check to see how everything runs without the motor? Any binding with the drive system with the rear bearings, diff bearings will cause some weird transitional handling in the corners. Rear diff tightened too much may let the rear end "skip and bounce" it's way around the corner too. All you need to do is have the throttle nailed and when the rear bounces, and you will start swapping ends. That "skip" usually is applied to high traction conditions only.

The other thing I would think is that if the rear needs more traction. Maybe the rear anti squat needs adjusted, or even a slightly thinner oil in the rear to load the rear suspension down more as it exits. And/or less rear spring tension. The two latter ideas may cause a little more understeer (the spring tension should cause more), but it should help the rear stick down more if you want.
Old 07-18-2004, 10:17 AM
Tech Regular

Also, when you're checking the drivetrain to make sure it's free, make sure you check it with the front wheels turned completely in both directions. The problem may only exist with the wheels turned.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.