Tech Master

Haha, I should have pm'd you.
Old 06-13-2004, 08:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by Randy Caster
I forgot about the guy in Japan that can get it all

But for now, Tower Hobbies is outta stock
I can just get the Red Bits that you need if you buy the regular shocks ...what parts would you need.??
-Dave
Old 06-14-2004, 01:17 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Sorry, said that wrong, they are out of stock because I bought the last set
Old 06-14-2004, 01:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by Randy Caster
Sorry, said that wrong, they are out of stock because I bought the last set
OK.. I can get all of the other Parts that are in Red for the shock if you need them...
-Dave
Old 06-14-2004, 09:05 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
OK.. I can get all of the other Parts that are in Red for the shock if you need them...
-Dave
I think it comes with the red caps, and even bottom spring cup. I'm going to get the red mounting balls, but I'm sure Tamiya will have those..
Old 06-14-2004, 10:51 AM
Tech Adept

To use the Tamiya shocks you need the PRP shock tower right?
Old 06-14-2004, 11:05 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Thats what Matt Francis has said... apparently because the Tamiya shocks are all the same length, you would have way too much droop in front without the PRP tower.
Old 06-14-2004, 11:07 AM
Tech Adept

So are you using the PRP tower? If so where can I get one? I saw there site awhile back and said they were making a new one but have not made it yet?
Old 06-14-2004, 11:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Titan Racing
So are you using the PRP tower? If so where can I get one? I saw there site awhile back and said they were making a new one but have not made it yet?
old one discontinued. new one on the way. soon...
Old 06-14-2004, 11:08 AM
Tech Adept

Do you have there web address I can't find it?
Old 06-14-2004, 11:36 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I got way lucky and found one in my spare parts boxes..
Old 06-14-2004, 01:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have replica PRP towers that i got from ebay.... could be the same guy for all i know
Old 06-14-2004, 01:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
XXX-S RTR vs. XXX-S G+

Hey folks! I am new to the forum and to 10th scale touring cars. I bought a XXX-S RTR and fairly happy with it. I want to get into racing TCs, eventually, so that leads me to my quest for informed opinions.

What are the main differences between the RTR and the G+ (other than the obvious grahite parts)? Could I mod-up the RTR to get it close enough to the G+ in handling and not exceed the cost of just buying the G+? Would a novice to intermediate driver even notice the difference?

I have set the droop, ride height, changed the shock positions, springs, harder front and rear bumpers, added slicks and the upgraded belt. Trying to get it tweaked right is a giant pain with the shock collar setup on the RTR! Stock guys at my local track (SoCal Raceway) still blow me away in handling. Power is not a problem! I can't tell how much of it is my driving.... I know it matters, but the car just does not seem to stick in the turns like the other cars (Yokomo's, TC-3's, and the new rage - Xray's).

Any opinions would be really helpful as I have a chance to upgrade cars this weekend and have a buyer on the line for my RTR if I want to switch. (Heck, it is Father's day after all!)

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-14-2004, 01:39 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: XXX-S RTR vs. XXX-S G+

Originally posted by Micro-E
Hey folks! I am new to the forum and to 10th scale touring cars. I bought a XXX-S RTR and fairly happy with it. I want to get into racing TCs, eventually, so that leads me to my quest for informed opinions.

What are the main differences between the RTR and the G+ (other than the obvious grahite parts)? Could I mod-up the RTR to get it close enough to the G+ in handling and not exceed the cost of just buying the G+? Would a novice to intermediate driver even notice the difference?

I have set the droop, ride height, changed the shock positions, springs, harder front and rear bumpers, added slicks and the upgraded belt. Trying to get it tweaked right is a giant pain with the shock collar setup on the RTR! Stock guys at my local track (SoCal Raceway) still blow me away in handling. Power is not a problem! I can't tell how much of it is my driving.... I know it matters, but the car just does not seem to stick in the turns like the other cars (Yokomo's, TC-3's, and the new rage - Xray's).

Any opinions would be really helpful as I have a chance to upgrade cars this weekend and have a buyer on the line for my RTR if I want to switch. (Heck, it is Father's day after all!)

Thanks in advance!
Hey, welcome to TC racing! Other than the graphite parts, there are quite a few other smaller differences between the RTR and the G+. Titanium turnbuckles, a better body, more adjustability, etc. If I were you, I'd sell the RTR and buy a G+. It would be way easier and in the long run cheaper (taking into account the money you would get from selling the RTR) than upgrading the RTR piece by piece. In general, if you know you'll be racing and you can afford it, try not to skimp too much on the gear you buy. It's a lot cheaper to buy the good stuff right off the bat than it is to buy cheaper stuff initially, then upgrade all of it later on. Trust me on this one, I learned this myself firsthand.

One of the smartest things you can do as far as setup goes is talk to the fast guys at your track. Figure out exactly how they've setup their cars and get their opinions on how you've got yours setup. You mentioned that you've got slicks, but didn't say which ones specifically. Make sure you're running the right tire for your track. This is critical to good handling. And keep those questions coming on this thread. There are a lot of very knowledgeable people on here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.