Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2004, 03:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Old 12-19-2004, 07:41 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Eazy
does anyone know how many teeth does a xxx-s belt have? if u do pls tell me thanks in advance
I dont know about the # but the standard belts (yellow and blue) have an even # and the HD black belt has an odd #. If your looking to cut every other tooth on the black belt you will end up w/ two teeth next to eachother in one spot.
Old 12-20-2004, 06:01 PM
Tech Regular

Default Steering Knuckle spacer

Hello, can anybody tell me how thick of a spacer should be glued to the steering knuckle to stop the wheel chatter at full lock? Thx
Old 12-20-2004, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Anyone see Losi updating the XXX-S?

Since they are still keeping it in production. It has just a few things that could be made better. Upgrade to the new shocks and maybe some of those Lvds. That would be nice. One in my area wins all week on a tight carpet track.
Old 12-20-2004, 07:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Re: Anyone see Losi updating the XXX-S?

Originally posted by RCknight
Since they are still keeping it in production. It has just a few things that could be made better. Upgrade to the new shocks and maybe some of those Lvds. That would be nice. One in my area wins all week on a tight carpet track.
Yes, that would be a nice 'wish list' for our XXX-S cars...And some slick looking shock towers to support the new shocks...Simple!
Old 12-20-2004, 07:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Charles- Use the Losi #4 washer. Part # 6215, .030 thick.

RCknight- Not sure on the shocks, but I would guess you should be able to adapt them. I find my car works best running the standard shocks on carpet. I think there will be LVD's for the car. Losi plans on making them for other makes in the future, so I am pretty sure they will be available for the XXXS.

Losi-sw-You may be able to come up with something if you have the MIP cvd's for the car. You should be able to find a axle that would except the hex. I thought we had something figured out, but that was a long time ago.
Old 12-21-2004, 07:51 AM
Regional Moderator

Does anyone have a Carpet Oval setup for the xxx-s?

Got a fun race coming up with Kasey Kane of Nascar fame next week and would like to have the car at least close to set up for a small runline flat oval.
Old 12-22-2004, 04:21 PM
Tech Rookie

I am new to RC and was thinking about getting a xxx-s rtr2 just to start with. Would this car be good to learn with and would it be competitive?
Old 12-22-2004, 05:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think it would be a perfect first car. The radio is what sells it for me.
Old 12-22-2004, 07:01 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Anyone see Losi updating the XXX-S?

Originally posted by RCknight
Since they are going to keep it in prod I think they might make some small improvements. It actually seems practicle to me since the jrxs apears to be aimed at the hardcore racer while I think the xxx-s is more club level friendly while still being fairly competitive. What's found out after reading 72 pages of the tc4 thread the AE guys are still using Losi parts on their rides!
Old 12-23-2004, 08:59 AM
Tech Addict

I've been reading this setup guide from Todd Hodge how to setup the XXX-S. And i was reading and i noticed something about the XXX-S that i never knew you could do.
On the 1/2 degree hubs for the rear for toe-in. It really gives you like 2 degrees of toe-in. Usually for mod you want that much. But for stock you should really only need 1 degree or so. So what it says is to flop the hubs backwards. So instead of having that camber link position facing outward of the wheel it will be facing into the wheel.
I just thought it was interesting and thought i should post it to those who might want to know.
Old 12-23-2004, 11:01 AM
Tech Adept

Well tl xxxs racer, you might want to reread that. You use the left hub on the right and the left hub on the right. By swapping them side to side you remove toe instead of adding toe.
Old 12-23-2004, 06:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally posted by TL_XXX-S_racer
On the 1/2 degree hubs for the rear for toe-in. It really gives you like 2 degrees of toe-in. Usually for mod you want that much. But for stock you should really only need 1 degree or so. So what it says is to flop the hubs backwards. So instead of having that camber link position facing outward of the wheel it will be facing into the wheel.
I just thought it was interesting and thought i should post it to those who might want to know.
Yes, I think you got it.

If you place a 1/2 or 1 degree hub on the other side of the car from how it is marked ("R" or "L"), you get that much taken out of the standard 2 degrees of toe-in (per side) that is built-in to the hubs on the XXX-S. I use the 1/2 degree hub on the other side to get 1-1/2 degrees of toe-in for both my stock cars as was wisely recommended to me by Matt Francis some time ago.

Otherwise, if you place them on the same side of the car as they are marked ("R" or "L"), you will gain that much over the 2 degrees of standard toe-in (being 2-1/2 or 3 degrees).
Old 12-25-2004, 05:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

is there any way to fix a warped chassis?
Old 12-25-2004, 06:19 PM
Tech Addict

buy another chassis

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.