Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2004, 08:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Randman
Might have to do it just to run on the track, sounds pretty nice.

Thanks for everything over the weekend man!
The track is super nice. I'll get you some more red stuff together. I wish I woulda brought the other boxes with me.
Old 03-15-2004, 09:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I got purple stuff........
Old 03-15-2004, 09:02 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by James Nguyen
The track is super nice. I'll get you some more red stuff together. I wish I woulda brought the other boxes with me.
I'm rebuilding the car right now for SoCal, and I cant get over how dialed it looks with the red goodies, lol. I would have liked to have seen how many XXXS parts you really do have if what you had at the track was just a small bit of your collection, lol.
Old 03-15-2004, 09:04 PM
Tech Adept

randman,

have you got any feedback after running the D6?

cheers
Old 03-15-2004, 09:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Might have to do it just to run on the track, sounds pretty nice.

Thanks for everything over the weekend man!
Randman,

Nice to meet you at Stockton.

Even I made the 220 mile round trip from Castro Valley to Roseville to race at Speedworld's first race of this year. The weather was perfect and we were in t-shirts and sunglasses by 10 AM.

Let me see...Hmmmm. I can do about six round trips to SW to equal one or your treks.

You win...Again!
Old 03-15-2004, 09:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'm rebuilding the car right now for SoCal, and I cant get over how dialed it looks with the red goodies, lol. I would have liked to have seen how many XXXS parts you really do have if what you had at the track was just a small bit of your collection, lol.
Yeah, I got one of those rubbermaid multi box organizers with parts in them. And then I have a few of those boxes I had with me at the track. I just like building.
Old 03-15-2004, 09:27 PM
Tech Champion

James,

I need to lose a full 2 oz from my XXX-S. Figure that it needs to come off of the battery side; so, I plan to ditch all the battery hold down hardware and smooth off the chassis to be able to tape the battery in place.

At Stockton, Matt F showed me the red adhesive tape that he uses to hold his batteries in place. Should have asked him where he got it from. Do you know?

Also, are the red MF aluminum parts as light as the graphite ones? More durable?

Many thanks.
Old 03-15-2004, 09:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by XXX-S Bill
James,

I need to lose a full 2 oz from my XXX-S. Figure that it needs to come off of the battery side; so, I plan to ditch all the battery hold down hardware and smooth off the chassis to be able to tape the battery in place.

At Stockton, Matt F showed me the red adhesive tape that he uses to hold his batteries in place. Should have asked him where he got it from. Do you know?

Also, are the red MF aluminum parts as light as the graphite ones? More durable?

Many thanks.
The red adhesive tape is from Tamiya...got it from Billy. The red MF aluminum is heavier than the graphite pivot blocks but I don't think it wears as much. More of an eye candy piece. I just like it on my car.
Old 03-15-2004, 10:00 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by Hixsy
randman,

have you got any feedback after running the D6?

cheers
Propably one of the most powerful motors I've run so far, I am really impressed with it.
Old 03-15-2004, 10:21 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

The red adhesive tape is from Tamiya...got it from Billy. The red MF aluminum is heavier than the graphite pivot blocks but I don't think it wears as much. More of an eye candy piece. I just like it on my car.
I thought Tamiya stopped making that tape, thanks for hookin me up with the roll, it looks hot
Old 03-15-2004, 10:22 PM
Tech Champion

James,

I see the Tamiya tape on Billy's site. Have to make a trip up there to get a roll and some MF eye candy parts.

Many thanks.
Old 03-15-2004, 10:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yeah, the roll I gave randy is pretty old now, so im not sure if they still make it. I just don't use it anymore so I thought you could use it.
Old 03-16-2004, 12:07 AM
Tech Adept

thanks randman,

did you notice that the shimming has no play whats so ever is that normal ?

also what brush/spring combo do you use?
what gearing do you run for an outdoor open track?

cheers
Old 03-16-2004, 09:10 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by Hixsy
thanks randman,

did you notice that the shimming has no play whats so ever is that normal ?

also what brush/spring combo do you use?
what gearing do you run for an outdoor open track?

cheers
The stock shimming is very tight, but it doesnt have any bind that I can see because of the bearings.

I replaced the P94 hoods with standup brush hoods and use Reedy Quasar brushes, they have longer life and run cooler, for 4 min races I use Trinity silver springs, and for 5 mins I use Trinity purple springs.

Gearing depends on which motor you have, for my 4 min races (SoCal) I use an 8x2, geared at 26/128 timed at 24 degrees with rubber tires. I havent run 5 mins on asphault, but over the weekend with foam tires on carpet I used a 9x1 geared at 27/128 timed at 18 degrees.

Some of the parking lot tracks run a pretty long open track, so I'll propably pick up some 6 and 7 turn D6's for those, but I cant help you out with tuning that yet.
Old 03-16-2004, 09:17 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Hey I gotta 86 the droop screws on my car, anyone know how much internal shock limiters I need to use to get 2mm droop in front and 4mm in the rear? Stock graphite plus shocks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.