Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2003, 01:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Todd, I'm running your Novak setup with the kit GP pistions.
Old 12-28-2003, 03:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

is there a general thing with oil/pistons, and handling. Like lighter oil, more grip/turning, but too light, you roll and lose speed, thick weight, very, on edge. And a higher# piston does what...
Todd, what tires do you run, foam that is?
Whats another good place for a transponder other than on the servo, i've seen people put it in the bumper, is that really a good idea?
Old 12-28-2003, 04:12 PM
Tech Adept

pro3racer,

before i got a personal i ran the normal transponders on the bumper held by a piece of lexan going from body post to body post. It was really good, not that you would notice the difference of mounting it right up front. The personal transponder wire is long enough to reach the bumper but its kinda awkward!
Old 12-28-2003, 05:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

who makes those lexan pieces, i have one, but the sway bar mount part broke off. I can't remember who made it though, i think losi though. right now, i might be getting my own trans. in a couple weeks. The wire is long enough one the rental ones and the personnal ones right?
Old 12-28-2003, 05:25 PM
Tech Adept

which lexan pieces? i made mine out of an old body

the wire is pretty long, so you will have a few options about where you would like to mount it!
Old 12-28-2003, 07:04 PM
TLRacing

AI75-I am not sure.

superfly-is this only when you are at full lock on your steering? If so then it is just the cvd's that is causing all the racket.

RCGary-Try raising the roll center blocks .020" and then run the 4F block in the high roll center holes. That should hook up the rear end more. Also use 55 pistons in the front and 54 in the rear. That is very important on carpet with rubber tires. The bigger hole piston gives you more grip.

proracer3-You sound like you nailed it on the head with the oil/piston. I run Magenta or Tan rears and Cyan fronts from TRC. I always run mine on top of the servo. You can try on top of the tunnel.
Old 12-28-2003, 07:14 PM
Tech Champion

Thanks again Todd, I'll try that. Those are real minimal changes from where I am at now. I'll see you next week.
Old 12-28-2003, 07:23 PM
Tech Regular

A buddy of mine had a great idea for us racers that may have diff problems while at the track... Buy a couple of backup diffs and prebuild them so they're ready if something were to happen... Problem is, all the parts to make a complete diff add up to $42 plus shipping! Hey Todd, can you give us a discount!?

J
Old 12-28-2003, 07:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

that lexan piece is a custom thing, oh, it's been awhile.
Todd-i run(or ran) mine on top of the tunnel, but it doesn't look good, and gives me a uneasyfeeling of it falling off the velcro(i dunno). Oh wait, i still have my old pro3 trans. mount thing, i'll screw that in, yes. I run red rear, plaid front jacos, i'm going to buy some TRC's though.

is there anyway(other than not crashing), too make the front graphite arms last longer. I always seem to break them in a certain place. (front corner, outside). doesn't putting CA glue on the outside, or making a new bumper help??
Old 12-28-2003, 07:42 PM
Tech Adept

Can anybody tell me how the handling of a XXX-S compares to a TC3 for Mod Sedan? Has anybody owned both to give a good comparison?
Old 12-28-2003, 08:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

I think, ithink, since i owned both, but ran stock touring, the xxx-s is smoother, you can flow better(i.e. maintain your speed). I thought the tc3 made me be too aggresive, and have to throw the car around.
Old 12-28-2003, 08:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I've run both. I ran a TC3 for a little over a year until 6 months ago. Especially in mod, the torque steer in the TC3 was more than I was willing to put up with. I had to set the car up with tweek in it to keep it from pulling to the side under acceleration. If you can get it setup right, the TC3 is fast. (Obviously) But you have to get it there. I personally like being able to use tools like tweek stations and droop gauges to setup my car rather than having to do it by eye. Or if you're gauging it, having to set it up with different droop and major differances in preload from left to right. The Losi, you can setup square and not worry about torque steer. I also think belt drive cars are smoother in general. I was amazed at how quiet sounding a smooth feeling the Losi was when I first built it. The car just fit my driving style much better than the shaft. I was faster right out of the box with the Losi.
Old 12-28-2003, 08:22 PM
Tech Champion

Jitsuguy, I actually have done this...sort of. I run a front one way, so I have 2 diffs. I am actually going to swap diffs after this week for the Novak race. So actually, if you figure the price of the one-way I spent more then that for the extra diff
Old 12-28-2003, 08:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I keep a spare diff, one way, and a spool in my box. I also have a whole backup car with a one way in it and the rear diff so I gues I have two spare diffs and two spare oneways. That way I can really use these options as a quick change tuning option during practice.
Old 12-29-2003, 01:42 AM
Tech Rookie

So no one can tell me the exact number of teeth for a XXX S and XXX 4 belt ??? Please.... Thx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.