Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2003, 09:00 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by rayhuang
Okay-getting there on the knowledge!!!

So car steers more aggressively in or out with anti-dive?

In other words-is it turning in or squaring up better?Thank you all in advance,
Ray
Check out the XXX Main Touring Car Setup Guide, it is a really good way to pick up knowledge in a hurry..
Old 10-03-2003, 10:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by Randman
Check out the XXX Main Touring Car Setup Guide, it is a really good way to pick up knowledge in a hurry..
And the man who wrote it, Martin Crisp, was at the TCS nats this weekend. By Sunday, his car looked really good. The man knows how to do setups.
Old 10-03-2003, 10:21 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I bought it when it first came out, he definately does know his stuff...
Old 10-03-2003, 06:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default BK

i was looking at brian kinwalds race car, and thought, how did he do that mill job, and is it worth it, to mill off whatever you can. Also, how much does a xxx-s g+ weight, all electronics(2400, cyclone, the average), i was just wondering, because i don't have a scale.
Old 10-03-2003, 06:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

When I first got my tamiya Evo3 and was trying ot make it work specifically on carpet-I was talking to a guy in Canada and he was relaying bits of info to me and I to him and to Crisp. IN the end-I got to converse a bit with Martin Crisp on his set-up of that car as compared to mine and I was very happy to see we were almost identical in every aspect-even modifications we made to the cars suspension geometry!!!

That was cool!!!

I think I will get that book.
Old 10-03-2003, 06:30 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Hey guys, got a question to ask you. I'm gonna be buying a mill within the next month (basically got fed up of working on the chassis with a dremel) but I am wondering if anyone would be interested in having their chassis milled out? Once I got some practice time, I'm sure I could also mill the chassis down to where there would still be material everywhere, and retain the sealed drivetrain, while shaving weight. I'd keep the cost low on it, but still just want to see if there is any interest, help me pay for the mill
Old 10-03-2003, 08:30 PM
JRM
Tech Initiate

Hey guys, got a question to ask you. I'm gonna be buying a mill within the next month (basically got fed up of working on the chassis with a dremel) but I am wondering if anyone would be interested in having their chassis milled out? Once I got some practice time, I'm sure I could also mill the chassis down to where there would still be material everywhere, and retain the sealed drivetrain, while shaving weight. I'd keep the cost low on it, but still just want to see if there is any interest, help me pay for the mill
Definitely. What are you looking at in startup costs? I'm sure a rig like that isn't cheap. Think of all the cool side projects you could do though...
Old 10-03-2003, 09:12 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I'm just looking at small mills, getting an 8 direction CNC-Ready mill (just in case I ever want to do parts in production) but it is going to cost about $1500 to get started... not too bad in my mind.
Old 10-03-2003, 09:23 PM
Tech Master

Like what Kinwald did to his chassis. Milled everywhere but no holes. Check out http://www.taigtools.com/cmill.html , I heard it is one of the best out there. Wouldn't it be nice to make your own alu parts whenever you break something?
Old 10-03-2003, 10:35 PM
Tech Master

For small jobs........

http://www.sherline.com/index.html

For bigger jobs........

http://www.smithy.com/MWdefault.htm
Old 10-03-2003, 11:08 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I have only seen a chassis that Kinwald went all the way through on, but I was talking about what you said he had done...

I am looking at the Sherline mills, propably get the CNC ready 2000 series.
Old 10-03-2003, 11:33 PM
Tech Addict

Randman-sounds cool,i know some guys who would have it done,let us know how much you would charge.
Old 10-03-2003, 11:43 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I'll be sure to let you guys know when I get it, and post some pics of a couple chassis' that I grind down. I have a feeling it will be a hit with the SoCal guys as well.
Old 10-04-2003, 07:14 AM
Tech Master

I have only seen a chassis that Kinwald went all the way through on, but I was talking about what you said he had done...

I am looking at the Sherline mills, propably get the CNC ready 2000 series.
Here, it looks like he shaved the chassis to take some material off here and there.
Old 10-04-2003, 08:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Randy, if you'll be able to do the chassis like the one above, keeping the sealed drive train, I'll throw some business your way. Let me know once you get it down.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.