Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2003, 08:17 PM
Tech Regular

yeah i have low roll centers and all that other stuff set up. its just im going to be using a oneway for the first time. Thanks so much for the help! im going to need it i have a state champs point race comming up
Old 04-18-2003, 09:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I ran the spool in my car for about a month in stock foam. It was pretty good... very, very good acceleration (better than a one way IMO, spool is lighter...) really pulled the car hard off the corner. The downside though, is you can pretty much forget any mid corner speed... you have good corner entrance speed, because you drive it in so deep, then kinda "snap" off the throttle, almost pitch it through the apex, then hard on the gas on exit. Where with a oneway or diff, the fastest way through the turn, is to flow through very smoothly... kinda blend all the actions together.

As for bearings, Trinity sells a ceramic bearing set for the XXXS. I'm not positive, but I have a feeling they're just repackaged Bocas... They're teflon sealed, very smooth and free especially under load (entering a corner for example). I'm using these in my car, I run them with no lube, and the seals off. They've lasted me a few months now with no problems. I did have one outer race split on a rear hub bearing at the ROAR Carpet Nats during practice... Really not too surprised though, that was a tough layout and I stuffed it pretty hard while learning the track and finding a setup a few times.

Also, the Acer ceramic bearings are awesome, and they do sell a XXXS set.

-Jeff Choban
Old 04-19-2003, 12:39 AM
The Evicerator

Default Spools

I still hate the idea of making your car suck to have a "more fair" race... go figure

Old 04-19-2003, 01:37 PM
Tech Adept

Boca Bearings also have an " Ultra Seal Bearing." Double sealed teflon with lube inside of it. What do guys think about that bearing compared to the ceramic? Should I go with boca for my XXX-S or Acer? Thanks for your replies.
Old 04-19-2003, 02:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Re: Spools

Originally posted by Evicerator
I still hate the idea of making your car suck to have a "more fair" race... go figure

I don't think the idea of using a spool/locked diff or regular diff was conceived to make racing fair, but more so to control the "I'm using a one-way so if I plow through you don't blame me cause I don't know when nor how to brake using it" attitude. Be nice Weissdawg
Old 04-19-2003, 06:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Spools

Originally posted by fhubbard
I don't think the idea of using a spool/locked diff or regular diff was conceived to make racing fair, but more so to control the "I'm using a one-way so if I plow through you don't blame me cause I don't know when nor how to brake using it" attitude. Be nice Weissdawg
Inglewood...huh...I use to live at 316 east hyde park apt#5 where about the city do you live?

As fas as a diff goes....the racing wasn't any cleaner last year. It just made for great passes at the end of the straight. Racers were still getting hit from behind.
Old 04-19-2003, 08:07 PM
Tech Elite

O yeah, one of Inglewood's finest Grew up on 64th street and la brea(not far from west blvd and slauson). I now live about 2 to 3 blocks from the forumn (just north of arbor vitae, south of manchester, west of praire, east of la brea). I actually went to Hype Park Elementary until 5th grade, then finished out at Centinela Elem. once we moved to Inglewood. I think the only thing that will REALLY help to keep the racing clean is if drivers were to take some sort of "R/C Drivers ED."

Last edited by Fred Hubbard; 04-19-2003 at 08:15 PM.
Old 04-19-2003, 08:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Re: Almost lost and confused

Originally posted by Team R
Hello all-

IAlso, has anybody tried using the Monster Diff Adjustment Screw Set (part #A-2910) in their diff.? How dose the spring work instead of the washers for the adjustment on the diff?

Just wonder if you get any reply for that ?

Old 04-19-2003, 08:46 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Hey Fred what's up(pitted next to you at the state race).STLNLST I hate to say..you were right,Went a lap faster today than I had with any of my other cars(even won)Man a whole lap..go figure..LOL
Old 04-19-2003, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by xxxkat
Hey Fred what's up(pitted next to you at the state race).STLNLST I hate to say..you were right,Went a lap faster today than I had with any of my other cars(even won)Man a whole lap..go figure..LOL

hey mike...how you been pal. still using our secret weapon with great success. i haven't made the time to actually dyno test it, but i love the results from the track.
Old 04-19-2003, 08:53 PM
Tech Adept

Hey is it true that this is a MOD car, not really a stock racing car?

Also another question, how does this car preform out of box at socal?

thnx
Old 04-19-2003, 10:19 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Hey Fred if you need more just let me know and I'll send you some.
Old 04-19-2003, 11:16 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by xxxkat
STLNLST I hate to say..you were right,Went a lap faster today than I had with any of my other cars(even won)Man a whole lap..go figure..LOL
I told you so ....LOL I broke on the warm up lap today and blew my chance of placing well in out 5 race points race. Next week is the speedworld cup and I'm looking to do well at this event.

associated racer- It all depends on the driver, set up, and equipment. I have beaten my share of TC3's as well as beaten by them.
Old 04-19-2003, 11:19 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by fhubbard
O yeah, one of Inglewood's finest Grew up on 64th street and la brea(not far from west blvd and slauson). I now live about 2 to 3 blocks from the forumn (just north of arbor vitae, south of manchester, west of praire, east of la brea). I actually went to Hype Park Elementary until 5th grade, then finished out at Centinela Elem. once we moved to Inglewood. I think the only thing that will REALLY help to keep the racing clean is if drivers were to take some sort of "R/C Drivers ED."
I went to crozier jr high. My aunt lived right across the street from Centinela park. Driver's ed wouldn't help some of the driver's
Old 04-20-2003, 07:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by STLNLST
I went to crozier jr high. My aunt lived right across the street from Centinela park. Driver's ed wouldn't help some of the driver's
So did I 7th and 8th, then Inglewood for a year (freshman, Harold Miner's senior year), then off to LaSalle High for basketball. LOL on the drivers ed. Small world...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.