Old 09-15-2002, 12:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

brianj

just ran mod saturday night and made the following changes:

shocks in hole #3 on tower f/r
low roll center f/r
camber link #3 hole in front #2 hole in rear
sway bars smallest in front, second smallest in rear.
thinking about dropping shock oil 10wt untill traction comes up for oktoberfast.
standard 42tooth diff upfront
Old 09-15-2002, 10:39 AM
Tech Regular

hey Sigearhead, what time will the races start on the 26th? I am probably going to come, but probably to watch. I am not the best of racers, but I would just love to see some pros go at it.
Old 09-15-2002, 12:08 PM
TLRacing

Default XXX-S Setups

ongbenghui-I am going to try and get together with the webmaster this week to get some new setups on the website. Sorry this has not been updated but it has been really hectic at Team Losi.

TeamPRP-Those are some cool towers you are making! How has the lowered/raise shock holes worked out on the track?
Old 09-15-2002, 01:46 PM
OBY
Tech Apprentice

from early indications i've shaved about 170g off the weight of my losi...down from 1660g to 1490! wahey!
Old 09-15-2002, 02:11 PM
ttr
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by OBY
from early indications i've shaved about 170g off the weight of my losi...down from 1660g to 1490! wahey!
Let me know the details, mine weights also about 1630g. I have already the titanium hinges and turnbuckles.
Old 09-15-2002, 02:19 PM
ttr
Tech Apprentice

Default Ball bearings

My wheel hub bearings are worn out after about 60 packs and I think it was way too early, my previous HPI cars had much longer lasting bearings. I used to wash out and oil the bearings after each outing, so I think I had taken care on them as much as possible.

I plan to get the dynamite red sealed ball bearing set. Is that better quality than the stock bearings? Do I have to take out the grease and use oil in it, or do they have some light grease in them? What would you suggest?
Old 09-15-2002, 02:35 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by OBY
Sweet, is that just the graphite kit or something else? I just checked and the minimum weight for TCs at my club is 1500g, but they never check so 1490g should do nicely

I found my Core 12x1 high speed a little slow in a straight line in the final, but that could be because I was racing someone with 2400's and it was at the beginning of the race when they are at their peak voltage I'm going to gear it up a little and get some Sanyo 3300HV cells when they come out I'm getting much quicker now, and would be high up in the championship if it wasn't for 2 DNFs, I'll try and get another 3rd place next race
Old 09-15-2002, 03:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Teflon bearings

I plan to get the dynamite red sealed ball bearing set. Is that better quality than the stock bearings? Do I have to take out the grease and use oil in it, or do they have some light grease in them? What would you suggest?
I was looking for better, more efficient bearings for the XXXS also and came-up with a set from RCBoyz, who sells a ton on e-bay. They are teflon sealed ABEC rated bearings for $29.00 plus shipping I think. GIve or take a few bucks. Thats a whole bearing kit too. I bought the one for the TC3 from them, and it was quite a good bearing set.
Old 09-15-2002, 04:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

t.hodge and anxious losi drivers

i was out on the proto type towers saturday night and so far so good. they have rows that are a perfect match for stock then the rear has adjustments on both sided and the front has an upper camberlink row aswell. it's nice because all i had to do to change camberlink was take the nut off the back of the ball stud pull the ball stud right out and place it in the next hole and screw the nut back on with a nut driver and it takes maybe 30 seconds.
we are hoping to have production runs out w/in 2 weeks.
Old 09-15-2002, 04:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Evil_s10: Racing starts at 2pm. Come out and race, don't worry about skill level, we have all levels and besides only real race time will give you experience and improve your skills.

Last edited by Sigearhead; 09-16-2002 at 12:43 AM.
Old 09-16-2002, 07:12 AM
Tech Champion

Default Sway bar Part numbers, etc.

Actually, I am wondering if the rear and front sway bars for the XXXS are interchangeable? I dont know if they are different shape or not.

Thanks,
Ray
Old 09-16-2002, 08:00 AM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Sway bar Part numbers, etc.

Originally posted by rayhuang
Actually, I am wondering if the rear and front sway bars for the XXXS are interchangeable? I dont know if they are different shape or not.
I don't think they are interchangeable,
The Length and Bend angle of the sway bars is different.
Old 09-16-2002, 01:08 PM
Tech Regular

Sigearhead,
I dont think I am going to be able to just do to the fact that I broke a couple parts for the Losi the other day and since I am going to be out of money for a while (due to school) I might not be able to. This is a real bummer for me considering this might have been my first real race I have participated in. I might still try and get in it once my batteries and charger arrive. But no matter what, I am still going to go watch.
Old 09-16-2002, 03:43 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

The War Report:

Well, the weekends racing has passed. And I know what must be done. Time to go shopping I attempted to work my setup so I could be able to rotate tires by using purple compounds front and rear. But it was just too much tweaking for me to get the car to handle so I am going to start over. From what people run at the track, purples in the rear and plaids or double purples upfront work great. I am leaning towards the plaids. Also, the stock setup with black springs up front seem to be the hot ticket. Anyone recommend which setup on the Losi website to try first?

I noticed that smc and promatch have very different charging recommendations for the new 3300 GPs. Anyone have experiences on what they are charging at? The packs were slammin during the race. Really a lot of punch

I am going to tear down my car as well and rebuild her, clean her up good. What do you recommend as far as bearing and diff cleaning / rebuilding?

Finally, I run a chameleon 2 motor, what brushes will work well? I am buying a new arm for it when I order my tires.

Later,

Cain
Old 09-16-2002, 04:12 PM
Tech Addict

i guess if you just ran on carpet all you need to do is to pull out all the "hair" get stuck on the bearing shields, maybe add a drop or 2 bearing oil. i use trinity's

great to hear that the GP 3300 works

i guess for settings just run the stock setting with the tires you choose, then start from there. should be able to reach a set up that you feel comfortable with

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.