Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2002, 08:35 PM
Ty
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I called Lunsford and they told me they will start making their ti-scruz line again, but it won't be anytime soon. I talked to fastener-express.com and they told in three months they should have titanium screws in the sizes that us R/C racers need. Hope this helps.
Old 01-06-2002, 10:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Trinity MF upper bumper brace

Quick question when using the trinity mat francis upper bumper brace is it safe to use the red alloy screws trinity supplys with it as its quite a high load ares right so they might snap off if you have a hard impact? Thanks Rick
Old 01-06-2002, 01:26 PM

When I called lunsford they said they were so busy making turnbuckles they couldn't make screwz, and at fastener-express I got red aluminum screws for a real good price.
Rick; I have the red screws in mine and eventhough i haven't subjected my car to any huge dirrect blows i have faith in them. As a matter of fact I traveled to an outof town track which was an actual pile of junk with a leaky roof and no traction and I didn't want to spend the time to true a milder motor so I left my 8x2 in and when i hit the water spots my car went to the wall and i broke the brace and screws are still fine.
Ken NElson
Old 01-06-2002, 01:37 PM
Tech Champion

The car is still putting down some excellent lap times on carpet with rubber tire's. We tested with the low roll center yesterday and right now the car is faster as is. Big dog and I ran the same set up's on our cars but he had the low roll center blocks on his car. Everyone has different driving stlyes so we might switch places next weekend and see if we get the same results. Have any of you guys lap times been any faster with the low roll center blocks on carpet?
Old 01-06-2002, 01:41 PM
Tech Elite

For me the Low roll center setup is a little faster on carpet but my driving needs a ton of improvment.

Mike Webb
Old 01-06-2002, 01:46 PM
Tech Champion

THAT'S WHY WE PALN ON SWITCH HIM BACK TO REGULAR ROLL CENTER AND ME TO LOW TO SEE IF HIGH BETTER FITS MY STYLE OR IF IT REALLY DOES HELP. IT MIGHT ALSO WORK BETTER WITH A DIFFERENT SET UP. I'm also sorry for the caps. I just realized that it was still on after I change my sig Thanks for the input Mike!
Old 01-06-2002, 01:55 PM
Tech Elite

One thing that I found made a big difference is going to the Low Roll Center, Putting a Sway Bar on the front end and running the 4degree Blocks with the 0F. Also you might want to try 2R in Rear with the 1/2degree Rear Hubs on backwards so that you only have 1.5degree rear toe in.
Old 01-06-2002, 02:11 PM
Tech Champion

I'll have my sway bars for next weekend. It didn't really seem like either car had too much roll in the corners to have to run one but with the nats coming up I'm testing everything. Anything else that you can think of that will help please share. Thanks again and thanks 4,000 times over for all future help
Old 01-06-2002, 03:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Low Roll Center

I run rubber tires on carpet. I have tried the LRC 2 different times with two different setups. Lap times were slow, but I could also feel I did not like how it drove for me. Sort of had a "twitchy-ness" when the car steered.
Old 01-06-2002, 03:47 PM
Tech Elite

Default Sanyo 3000 HV fit

I just soldered my first two packs of HV cells together after running SMH all last year.
When I tried to put them in the Losi, I couldn't get the brace on.

They fit fine in the TC3.
I already started to dremel my XXX-S brace when I had the idea to try the TC3 brace.

It fits perfectly w/o ANY tension.

..and I'm sure I will get a lot of compliments from those die-hard AE haters
Old 01-06-2002, 03:49 PM
Tech Master

anybody useing the low roll center setup on asphalt? I just bought a car, don't have it my possession yet though, can't wait ti drive it.
Old 01-06-2002, 06:06 PM
Tech Rookie

hi all.

i am a new xxx-s owner.
what are the advantages to the low roll parts? also, do you guys run 64p spurs? if so, what 64p pinion spur combos do you recomend? and where can i purchase MF parts online?
thats all for now...but i got tons more

thanks.
Old 01-06-2002, 07:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally posted by productnine
hi all.

i am a new xxx-s owner.
what are the advantages to the low roll parts? also, do you guys run 64p spurs? if so, what 64p pinion spur combos do you recomend? and where can i purchase MF parts online?
thats all for now...but i got tons more

thanks.
The link below should answer some of your early questions.
Old 01-06-2002, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

productnine-

Not a mean question but are you new to racing? If so I would recemmend sticking with the 48 pitch gears. They are a little easier to get the gear mesh correct. If you know what you are doing then the 128 tooth (blue) spur would be a good start. It also depends on what type of motor and the track you run at. I tried the 64pitch and didn't like it that much. I ended up sticking with the 48 pitch and getting the 90tooth (orange) spur and I have anywhere from 23 to 29 tooth pinion for my Fantom P2K motor. I usually run a 25 - 26 tooth on a tight technical track. As far as the MF Low roll center goes you can get them from Sheldons Hobbies or you can buy them from SPeedTech. Go to http://www.speedtechrc.com/ for their site.

Mike Webb
Old 01-06-2002, 08:39 PM
Tech Rookie

thanks for the info...

you can say that i am new to racing, since i have never participated in an actual sanctioned race, but i have a basic knowledge of how to set up my car. as for the gearing, i agree the 64p meshing is a bit tougher, but i have used those on my old ta04 for quite some time. i run a p2k2 pro right now, so the gearing advice should be very close. any other advice is always welcomed...and i frequent the FAQ site often...its a great resource.

thanks again

...and any idea where to get MF parts online?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.