Search

CEFX 2010 - A new Evolution.

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 11:06 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default IIC race

Josh,

Thanks for making the best 12th scale car out there to date. With your setup I was able to do a 10.3 second lap in the limited speedcontroller class this past weekend in Vegas at the IIC race. The car carried crazy corner speed lap after lap.

Thanks again for all your help.

Kelly
Old 09-13-2010, 12:47 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by windix606060
Josh,

Thanks for making the best 12th scale car out there to date. With your setup I was able to do a 10.3 second lap in the limited speedcontroller class this past weekend in Vegas at the IIC race. The car carried crazy corner speed lap after lap.

Kelly
what conversion Tamiya or photon chassis...can you shares your set up..Thanks
Old 09-13-2010, 01:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by windix606060
Josh,

Kelly
Nice running Kelly your car was dailed
Old 09-13-2010, 03:08 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Kenny L
Nice running Kelly your car was dailed
Thanks Kenny,

Your car was fast all weekend as well. It was great seeing you and I hope to see you and the Speedmerchant guys again soon.

Take care,
Kelly
Old 09-13-2010, 03:09 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by OVA
what conversion Tamiya or photon chassis...can you shares your set up..Thanks
Sorry OVA I meant to post this in the Griffen 12th scale forum.

Kelly
Old 09-14-2010, 12:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Besides Josh, has anyone else used the Tamiya parts on the CEFX Evo? If yes, how's the experience compared to TOP parts?
Old 09-16-2010, 03:42 AM
Tech Master

Great Results @IIC Well Done Josh...
Whats the latest with new steering and can we have your IIC Setup Please
Cheers
Old 09-16-2010, 03:41 PM
Tech Regular

At the IIC Josh helped me set up my Evolution. I have the top version. I started with Joshs set up from Nationals. After qualifying Josh looked at my car and had me move 30 grams of weight from the back to the front. This made a huge difference. I picked up almost a second a lap!
Old 09-16-2010, 05:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Khador12
At the IIC Josh helped me set up my Evolution. I have the top version. I started with Joshs set up from Nationals. After qualifying Josh looked at my car and had me move 30 grams of weight from the back to the front. This made a huge difference. I picked up almost a second a lap!
IS it possible to share your setup with us and tell us more about weight Transfer...
was it weight Lead you moved? and have you seen the new steering on Josh's car ?
Thanx
Old 09-16-2010, 05:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yokemad
IS it possible to share your setup with us and tell us more about weight Transfer...
was it weight Lead you moved? and have you seen the new steering on Josh's car ?
Thanx
I don't think Josh had the new steering yet, his car was on the KO table and it didn't have it. I'm interested in the set-up as well.
Attached Thumbnails CEFX 2010 - A new Evolution.-60345_432634709862_167320359862_4705284_5620756_n.jpg  
Old 09-16-2010, 08:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Guys - No, I didn't use the new steering set-up at the IIC. I wanted to make up a prototype set but I simply did not have time. We had graphite show up late for our oval cars so with the GLC and IIC my time schedule has been all thrown off on getting everything done that I wanted to.

As far as my IIC set-up.... I have to go look at my car as I can't really remember everything exactly. Honestly, it was ok but nothing great. It's been a really busy summer so I took the car I ran at the IIC straight off the track from the WC in Germany. I had to add a little rear toe back in the car, I went a little stiffer in springs, actually slightly lighter in shock oil (front) with a shorter/flatter rear camber link and slid a bunch of weight forward. I'll get you guys some sheets (I know I've said this a hundred times).... I'll also get some pictures up of the car I ran....

yokemad - On all surfaces you usually want around a 50/50 weight balance but sometimes the car will start the race good and then go to push/loose depending on the set-up and especially weight balance. Generally, when racing on asphalt it's pretty easy to overheat the front tires creating a lot of understeer so we move weight to the rear of the chassis to help the front tires from being overloaded. This creates more steering and a better steering balance through the entire run. On carpet, you usually don't generate enough heat in the front tires to generate this plus these carpet tracks are usually tighter with hard transitions/high grip that can make the cars edgy plus swing the rear end. Moving weight forward will smooth the car out and also help generate more heat in the front tires giving the car a more balanced feel from start to finish of the race. Weight is very, very critical to the performance of a TC so that's why I put the notches in the sides of the chassis as an easy reference to pick up the car and get an idea of where your weight is in the chassis.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
Hey Guys - No, I didn't use the new steering set-up at the IIC. I wanted to make up a prototype set but I simply did not have time. We had graphite show up late for our oval cars so with the GLC and IIC my time schedule has been all thrown off on getting everything done that I wanted to.

As far as my IIC set-up.... I have to go look at my car as I can't really remember everything exactly. Honestly, it was ok but nothing great. It's been a really busy summer so I took the car I ran at the IIC straight off the track from the WC in Germany. I had to add a little rear toe back in the car, I went a little stiffer in springs, actually slightly lighter in shock oil (front) with a shorter/flatter rear camber link and slid a bunch of weight forward. I'll get you guys some sheets (I know I've said this a hundred times).... I'll also get some pictures up of the car I ran....

yokemad - On all surfaces you usually want around a 50/50 weight balance but sometimes the car will start the race good and then go to push/loose depending on the set-up and especially weight balance. Generally, when racing on asphalt it's pretty easy to overheat the front tires creating a lot of understeer so we move weight to the rear of the chassis to help the front tires from being overloaded. This creates more steering and a better steering balance through the entire run. On carpet, you usually don't generate enough heat in the front tires to generate this plus these carpet tracks are usually tighter with hard transitions/high grip that can make the cars edgy plus swing the rear end. Moving weight forward will smooth the car out and also help generate more heat in the front tires giving the car a more balanced feel from start to finish of the race. Weight is very, very critical to the performance of a TC so that's why I put the notches in the sides of the chassis as an easy reference to pick up the car and get an idea of where your weight is in the chassis.
Just debut the steering set-up at Cleveland!! Nice runs in Vegas Josh. You've definitely got your stuff together.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:50 PM
Tech Master

We can move more weight to front by making the front wheelbase shorter is that right?
Old 09-24-2010, 11:33 AM
Tech Regular

Josh, CEFX Base Setup?
TOP Version and Tamiya Version, would be very useful!
Old 09-26-2010, 05:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Anybody have a carpet setup?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.