Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CEFX 2010 - A new Evolution.

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 07:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Does anyone know if that bumper will fit the 416x? The hole pattern looks similar.
Old 06-05-2010, 05:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

nice ride.
Old 06-05-2010, 06:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bmcallister
I like the wheels and tires, where can we get them?Also what springs are those?
Solaris tires were the spec tire for the event. You can email [email protected] for order information.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Had my first run with the Evolution today. I loved it! It feels good to drive a touring car again. I was running Josh's carpet setup that he had posted earlier on a unprepared asphalt track. The only changes I made were using HPI springs (pink in front and blue in rear). I was hurting for a little traction but it was still manageable. And best of all, I didnt break on the maiden voyage.

I was at a big disadvantage since everyone else in 17.5 was running RS Pro's. Man those things are quick! Looking to get one before next weekend.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to tweak Josh's carpet setup for a medium/low asphalt track, I am open to listen.

I think that I should have used 36R tires but all I had were Jaco Blues in my pit bag.

Chirag
Old 06-07-2010, 03:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by $$$...
Well I've got to take my hat off to you Josh, the kit went together almost flawlessly, only snag was the carbon spur gear plate was slightly oversize and needed a bit of extra finishing to get it to mount correctly.
I stand corrected, the "blurr" I reffered to earlier was that. I had understood my mates' comments the wrong way. Apologizes !

The little review is done and should be online soon @ www.overrc.com .
Old 06-07-2010, 07:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Funkymojo - Thanks!!

XxRONxX - Sorry, we are just making stuff as we can to get it closer to a full kit. Next up will be the brass weights as all the material is here but I just have to get to work machining it. All these races are getting in the way right now as I leave again tommorow for the ROAR Nitro On-Road Nats....

JayBee - Our 1/12 car doesn't look as innovative as the TC but really there's not a lot you can do as it has to be functional. A lot of other companies have made the pods really open so it's super easy to get the motor in/out but in doing that there's potential for unwanted pod flex which can cause bearing bind in the rear axle and a loss of corner speed. That's why we've stuck with the more "full pod" design for 1/12 and in our oval cars. Also, the geometry is a lot different in our 1/12 than other companies for the rear pod and center shock which I think gives the car more rear traction and better handling in/over bumps which allows you to run a more aggressive set-up for steering and corner speed. It may not look like anything special but I am confident that we currently have the best 1/12 car on the market in terms of flat out speed - We just don't have a ton of racers using the car to show the potential....

cpatel529 - The back pair of holes is for using the back hole on the steering block on the Photon or the Tamiya steering blocks. The front pair (forward most) is the standard position on the Photon. Using different combinations of these can closer mimic the steering ackerman of the 416 like Tamiya users would want if they tried a Evo....

bmcallister - The springs are yellow Tamiya's. I liked those on the car early at the Reedy Race and just left them. I should have tried something else as the week progressed but when they were spraying the track each morning these springs felt more responsive where the other larger diameter springs (14mm ID) seemed more lazy.

Khador12 - As soon as I can get them made. I wanted a race under me with them to check the weights/positioning of them so now I know what I want to make. I also ran 3 different batteries at the race which were 3 different weights so now I also know how I am making the weights to balance all the different packs. Soon, I'll have them released.

Pit - Not a clue.... I am going to work on Evolution style bumpers for the other cars on the market. I just have to make some samples and get some test fits on different cars before I release them. I'll get to work on this next week.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Hey Jaybee,

I got to run the Griffin 1/12th this past season at my local track and the car was very easy to setup and drive.
The first day I got it within a few runs the car was Dialed!!!

Cant wait to run this car next season!!!

Hope this helps
Mike

Originally Posted by JayBee
Not to hiJack your thread Josh, but are your 1/12th scales on the back burner of innovations?
Old 06-07-2010, 06:34 PM
Tech Master

Hey Everyone - Just wanted to let you guys know that I've been thrashing like crazy here and have all of the parts cut that Angel needed to keep orders flowing out the door. I'm pretty sure she has a good stock of everything so there won't be any hold ups in getting orders out while I am at the ROAR Nitro On-Road Nats this week/weekend.

I do have a ton of e-mails to reply to so if I haven't written you back don't worry - I haven't forgot about you. I will try to get to some of the e-mails tonight. Hopefully, the internet at the hotel is good and I will try to get back to a lot of you while I am at the race.

Time to relax a bit with the girls.... I'm tired...
Old 06-07-2010, 07:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
Hey Everyone - Just wanted to let you guys know that I've been thrashing like crazy here and have all of the parts cut that Angel needed to keep orders flowing out the door. I'm pretty sure she has a good stock of everything so there won't be any hold ups in getting orders out while I am at the ROAR Nitro On-Road Nats this week/weekend.

I do have a ton of e-mails to reply to so if I haven't written you back don't worry - I haven't forgot about you. I will try to get to some of the e-mails tonight. Hopefully, the internet at the hotel is good and I will try to get back to a lot of you while I am at the race.

Time to relax a bit with the girls.... I'm tired...
Hey Josh,
Not to worry, you deserved a good rest. After such a rush even machine needs rest and maintance to run better miles. Enjoy your rest and good luck for ROAR Nitro.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PitNamedGordie
Does anyone know if that bumper will fit the 416x? The hole pattern looks similar.
I have a 416 bumper here and it's not a direct fit the rear holes are narrower on the tamiya bumper and they are too close to the photon position to drill. You might be able to grind it so it would be like a slotted hole. The main body posts are really close. Hope that helps.

James
Old 06-07-2010, 10:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Got another order from CEFX into the mail today (the lipo locators). I like how they work however, I use velcro tape and the battery still seems to slide a little. I may use the stock Photon inner battery position bar and modify it so that it fits under the top deck with hitting the belts. That should hopefully help with side to side movement. I am using the Trinity Intellect battery packs.

Here are some pics of my car. Got a used RS Pro today as well and installed it.

Running the CEFX Front/Rear shock towers, Front/Rear Camber plates, and lipo locators.

Chi
Attached Thumbnails CEFX 2010 - A new Evolution.-photo-11-.jpg   CEFX 2010 - A new Evolution.-photo-12-.jpg   CEFX 2010 - A new Evolution.-photo-13-.jpg   CEFX 2010 - A new Evolution.-photo-14-.jpg  
Old 06-08-2010, 05:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Don't run the negative wire lead under the velcro and it should help you strap the battery down more firm.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cpatel529
I like how they work however, I use velcro tape and the battery still seems to slide a little.

Chi
Thats exactly why I used the stand offs on my car in the lower position they touch the rounded part of the battery, up higher they are touching the case itself, this was very soild very little battery movement. Take a couple standoffs off and try it I think you will find that is what your looking for. Picture in a earlier post.

James
Old 06-10-2010, 08:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

It is time to do the bump...
Old 06-10-2010, 08:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

where's Mark Dawson?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.