Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CEFX 2010 - A new Evolution.

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 05:02 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by OVA
it is the same car it just upgraded improvement top deck and chassis...and gear diff
yeah and I got some land in Florida for you to buy.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:45 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kingkarate
yeah I bet....lol
Old 07-01-2011, 07:25 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

No need for that. Josh been around a long time I'm sure he will fix what ever it needs to be fix,

If this account was made just to trash talk I will find out who made it and I will post who's account it is , and I will ban both of the accounts.

Last edited by Marcos.J; 07-01-2011 at 07:50 AM.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:33 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Jamison R
cant praise a product with no customer support.
I guess you can't but you can make another account to trash talk?

Guess i need to put pics up of his car from snowbirds. You would think the designer/driver would atleast drive his own car. Josh- you have screwed over everyone who owns an evo by not following up on your promise to build a better part. 6 months and nothing.
Kingkarate is banned permanently

Jamison r you have 10 day suspension for making a new account do it again and you will be for good.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks Mike Blackstock for telling me I needed to check RC Tech......

Wow, first of all - As you guys can tell, I don't live on RC Tech. I'll check it maybe once a month because quite honestly most of the stuff on here is repeatitive and just a bunch of people throwing punches at each other from behind keyboards.... Point proven in this thread....

As you all know - The car in the pic was a prototype I was working on that I asked specifically for people not to take pictures of but of course in usual fashion, here it is on RC Tech. The Snowbirds was literally the first race the car ran at with only a handfull of packs on it before the race. Previously, I used a prototype version of the Evo to win the ROAR Carpet Nats, production car was 7th at the Reedy Race and to make the main at the IIC. Anyone who knows me is aware I am always testing and working on new things.

Jamison - You have sent me several e-mails reguarding the CEFX web site, placing an order for a 1/12 car, it shipping to a different shipping address, questions about the Speed Passion motors and even my speed control set-ups for a Tekin in 13.5 - 12 e-mails, not a single comment about an Evo motor plate....

IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH A CEFX PRODUCT - EMAIL CEFX:

[email protected]
[email protected]

Pretty simple.

We will do our best to fix the problem - Remember, we are a small company with limited budget to do a lot of things. We have to do things in a certain manner in order to keep going in a forward direction. These plates being made in soft steel was a mistake by our supplier (not what we ordered) but we are stuck with them. Painfull to throw away 500-600pcs, try to recoup that $$ and try to get a replacement in. Keep in mind, I learned of the problem and we tried to source out having these pieces hardened or coated and all attempts failed or were more expensive than new parts. This was 2-3 months of the time you guys are complaining about...

Sorry for the issues but we are trying to get new plates in here. I am also working on the new parts for this year that help/fix this problem completely reguardless of the new plates but those items are not finished yet either.

Sorry for the problems guys, believe it or not but we are doing what we can to fix and improve upon things for next indoor season.

Josh
Old 07-01-2011, 12:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

evo motor mount= garbage

Josh's car he runs, not an evo
All of this is over a part that is under $10?

18040 Evo TC Motor Plate

View Larger Image

1pc.
TOP Photon Optional Steel Motor Plate

Usually ships within 2 days Our Price:$7.25Compare To:$14.50You save:$7.25 (50%)
Calculate Shipping Cost
Old 07-01-2011, 12:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default Evo

I really wanted to upgrade my car to an Evo conversion but I noticed that guys were not getting much support or feedback on here so I moved in another direction! I guess if I knew that guys are using this forum I would get on here more then once every couple of months to put out the fires and give people hope of a fix then only to disappear again for a couple months. I can understand you are busy but we all live pretty busy lifestyles. I hope your next projects go well for you! Thanks
Old 07-01-2011, 08:02 PM
Tech Regular

josh its unreal right!.... its almost as bad a guys who charge there tp packs at 12amps and wonders why it doesnt work and send it in for warranty.. or likethe jr servos thing u get 3 years.. but when u use it for something way over rated of course its gonna blow... and expect to be replaced for free..
Old 07-02-2011, 02:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

This may only be a $10 part but it has left a very expensive chassis kit idol for months and will probably be obsolete by the time we get a fix to the motor mount No wonder ppl are getting pissed
Old 07-02-2011, 04:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mcb-jet
This may only be a $10 part but it has left a very expensive chassis kit idol for months and will probably be obsolete by the time we get a fix to the motor mount No wonder ppl are getting pissed
+1! and that $10 part will cure the problem till the next mid. speed hit...
Old 07-02-2011, 04:30 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by yokemad
+1! and that $10 part will cure the problem till the next mid. speed hit...
I had the EVo kit for the Photon a while ago ran it for 3 months with no issues and no issues when I sold it, I guess if you wreck and take a good hit you can bend the motor mount ,that's not Josh fault, just dont wreck , I mean 2 years ago I crashed my MI3.5 against a wall bent 2 rear bulkheads ,I didnt blame shumacher I just bought 2 rear bulkheads and was on my way.

Really guys Josh stated on the above post that he is working on it, give him time like he stated he is 1 guy with a small company.

Now please move on.
Old 07-02-2011, 02:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Guys look i know thing happen in rc racing...weather it your fault or not...weather its the first time u set the car down or two years after having the kit....the mounts are a problem...we all know that...we just want a solution..i dont car if it cost $10 or $20 i just dont want to have to keep buying the same part because of strenth issues....if we can get a harden part that would be great...im down for even paying for a new an stronger piece...just get it made...i love the kit an enjoyed driving it but im going back to the tops car because whatever there mounts r made of they dont have this problem....anyway josh we r waiting on u...
Old 07-02-2011, 02:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

An Josh i understand u have a crazy scheduel but when i first bought the Evo kit RC tech was the main source of info for your car....an at one point it had more info on the car than your web site...so if most of your followers for the Evo is on this site u might want to check in more often???
Old 07-04-2011, 04:10 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
I had the EVo kit for the Photon a while ago ran it for 3 months with no issues and no issues when I sold it, I guess if you wreck and take a good hit you can bend the motor mount ,that's not Josh fault, just dont wreck , I mean 2 years ago I crashed my MI3.5 against a wall bent 2 rear bulkheads ,I didnt blame shumacher I just bought 2 rear bulkheads and was on my way.

Really guys Josh stated on the above post that he is working on it, give him time like he stated he is 1 guy with a small company.

Now please move on.
ok, Sorry About that Its been only 6 months ;/ you are right My bad...