R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-13-2010, 12:06 PM   #526
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 142
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default IIC race

Josh,

Thanks for making the best 12th scale car out there to date. With your setup I was able to do a 10.3 second lap in the limited speedcontroller class this past weekend in Vegas at the IIC race. The car carried crazy corner speed lap after lap.

Thanks again for all your help.

Kelly
windix606060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:47 PM   #527
OVA
Tech Champion
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,800
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by windix606060 View Post
Josh,

Thanks for making the best 12th scale car out there to date. With your setup I was able to do a 10.3 second lap in the limited speedcontroller class this past weekend in Vegas at the IIC race. The car carried crazy corner speed lap after lap.

Thanks again for all your help.

Kelly
what conversion Tamiya or photon chassis...can you shares your set up..Thanks
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 02:01 PM   #528
Tech Master
 
Kenny L's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,267
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by windix606060 View Post
Josh,

Thanks for making the best 12th scale car out there to date. With your setup I was able to do a 10.3 second lap in the limited speedcontroller class this past weekend in Vegas at the IIC race. The car carried crazy corner speed lap after lap.

Thanks again for all your help.

Kelly
Nice running Kelly your car was dailed
__________________
Team Tekin, Ko Propo America
Kenny L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 04:08 PM   #529
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 142
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny L View Post
Nice running Kelly your car was dailed
Thanks Kenny,

Your car was fast all weekend as well. It was great seeing you and I hope to see you and the Speedmerchant guys again soon.

Take care,
Kelly
windix606060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 04:09 PM   #530
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 142
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVA View Post
what conversion Tamiya or photon chassis...can you shares your set up..Thanks
Sorry OVA I meant to post this in the Griffen 12th scale forum.

Kelly
windix606060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 01:30 PM   #531
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 629
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Besides Josh, has anyone else used the Tamiya parts on the CEFX Evo? If yes, how's the experience compared to TOP parts?
cvccsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 04:42 AM   #532
Tech Master
 
yokemad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,150
Default

Great Results @IIC Well Done Josh...
Whats the latest with new steering and can we have your IIC Setup Please
Cheers
yokemad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 04:41 PM   #533
Tech Regular
 
Khador12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 276
Default

At the IIC Josh helped me set up my Evolution. I have the top version. I started with Joshs set up from Nationals. After qualifying Josh looked at my car and had me move 30 grams of weight from the back to the front. This made a huge difference. I picked up almost a second a lap!
__________________
Billy Stewart
Xray T4 17
Roche Rapide F1 Evo
Khador12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 06:40 PM   #534
Tech Master
 
yokemad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khador12 View Post
At the IIC Josh helped me set up my Evolution. I have the top version. I started with Joshs set up from Nationals. After qualifying Josh looked at my car and had me move 30 grams of weight from the back to the front. This made a huge difference. I picked up almost a second a lap!
IS it possible to share your setup with us and tell us more about weight Transfer...
was it weight Lead you moved? and have you seen the new steering on Josh's car ?
Thanx
yokemad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 06:58 PM   #535
Tech Addict
 
JamesReilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: My Lab
Posts: 600
Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokemad View Post
IS it possible to share your setup with us and tell us more about weight Transfer...
was it weight Lead you moved? and have you seen the new steering on Josh's car ?
Thanx
I don't think Josh had the new steering yet, his car was on the KO table and it didn't have it. I'm interested in the set-up as well.
Attached Thumbnails
CEFX 2010 - A new Evolution.-60345_432634709862_167320359862_4705284_5620756_n.jpg  
__________________
Reilly Paint ([email protected])
JamesReilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 09:04 PM   #536
Tech Master
 
Josh Cyrul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Farmington Hills, Michigan
Posts: 1,409
Default

Hey Guys - No, I didn't use the new steering set-up at the IIC. I wanted to make up a prototype set but I simply did not have time. We had graphite show up late for our oval cars so with the GLC and IIC my time schedule has been all thrown off on getting everything done that I wanted to.

As far as my IIC set-up.... I have to go look at my car as I can't really remember everything exactly. Honestly, it was ok but nothing great. It's been a really busy summer so I took the car I ran at the IIC straight off the track from the WC in Germany. I had to add a little rear toe back in the car, I went a little stiffer in springs, actually slightly lighter in shock oil (front) with a shorter/flatter rear camber link and slid a bunch of weight forward. I'll get you guys some sheets (I know I've said this a hundred times).... I'll also get some pictures up of the car I ran....

yokemad - On all surfaces you usually want around a 50/50 weight balance but sometimes the car will start the race good and then go to push/loose depending on the set-up and especially weight balance. Generally, when racing on asphalt it's pretty easy to overheat the front tires creating a lot of understeer so we move weight to the rear of the chassis to help the front tires from being overloaded. This creates more steering and a better steering balance through the entire run. On carpet, you usually don't generate enough heat in the front tires to generate this plus these carpet tracks are usually tighter with hard transitions/high grip that can make the cars edgy plus swing the rear end. Moving weight forward will smooth the car out and also help generate more heat in the front tires giving the car a more balanced feel from start to finish of the race. Weight is very, very critical to the performance of a TC so that's why I put the notches in the sides of the chassis as an easy reference to pick up the car and get an idea of where your weight is in the chassis.
__________________
Destiny, Ko Propo, Hobby Wing, Ulti Racing Tires, Protoform, Xenon Racing, Pivothead, Vizon, TQ Wire & Hella Graphics
Josh Cyrul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 11:33 PM   #537
Tech Elite
 
CypressMidWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 4,618
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul View Post
Hey Guys - No, I didn't use the new steering set-up at the IIC. I wanted to make up a prototype set but I simply did not have time. We had graphite show up late for our oval cars so with the GLC and IIC my time schedule has been all thrown off on getting everything done that I wanted to.

As far as my IIC set-up.... I have to go look at my car as I can't really remember everything exactly. Honestly, it was ok but nothing great. It's been a really busy summer so I took the car I ran at the IIC straight off the track from the WC in Germany. I had to add a little rear toe back in the car, I went a little stiffer in springs, actually slightly lighter in shock oil (front) with a shorter/flatter rear camber link and slid a bunch of weight forward. I'll get you guys some sheets (I know I've said this a hundred times).... I'll also get some pictures up of the car I ran....

yokemad - On all surfaces you usually want around a 50/50 weight balance but sometimes the car will start the race good and then go to push/loose depending on the set-up and especially weight balance. Generally, when racing on asphalt it's pretty easy to overheat the front tires creating a lot of understeer so we move weight to the rear of the chassis to help the front tires from being overloaded. This creates more steering and a better steering balance through the entire run. On carpet, you usually don't generate enough heat in the front tires to generate this plus these carpet tracks are usually tighter with hard transitions/high grip that can make the cars edgy plus swing the rear end. Moving weight forward will smooth the car out and also help generate more heat in the front tires giving the car a more balanced feel from start to finish of the race. Weight is very, very critical to the performance of a TC so that's why I put the notches in the sides of the chassis as an easy reference to pick up the car and get an idea of where your weight is in the chassis.
Just debut the steering set-up at Cleveland!! Nice runs in Vegas Josh. You've definitely got your stuff together.
__________________
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 01:50 PM   #538
Tech Master
 
yokemad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,150
Default

We can move more weight to front by making the front wheelbase shorter is that right?
yokemad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 12:33 PM   #539
Tech Regular
 
Luppi Stefano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Italy
Posts: 490
Default

Josh, CEFX Base Setup?
TOP Version and Tamiya Version, would be very useful!
__________________
Team Capricorn Italy
Lab F1-01
Luppi Stefano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 06:09 PM   #540
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: near the gas station
Posts: 365
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Anybody have a carpet setup?
matt rem is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:19 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net