Search

Hot Bodies TCX

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 08:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by unknownmember
Morning, Afternoon, Evening

So I'm already starting to replace parts on my TCX and my cousin brought up why don't I just buy another TCX to set a side as spares coz eventually I'll have replace a lot of the parts any way even the bulkheads down to the servo mount especially with the way I drive. Fair enough so I'm planning to purchase another when the price drops but I haven't been in this hobby long enough to know how the value drops or the time it takes. Can someone chime in? Though I must also say that I do look after the car, I treat it like a shelf queen but for some weird reason the same can't be said when the wheels start to roll.

Thanks
I don't think the price will drop until a new TCX will be released. Sometimes in the F/S thread you might find a new or used TCX that might work for you.
Old 12-14-2010, 01:36 PM
Tech Adept

Default Thin hex clamps

Hey,

I notice a lot of the team drivers are using the thin wheel hexes at the front of the car to reduce the wheel track back to std. Are these clamps 4mm or 4.8mm like i keep reading because 4.8 doesnt seem that much point?

part number- HPI 72044
Old 12-15-2010, 12:52 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Matt W
Hey,

I notice a lot of the team drivers are using the thin wheel hexes at the front of the car to reduce the wheel track back to std. Are these clamps 4mm or 4.8mm like i keep reading because 4.8 doesnt seem that much point?

part number- HPI 72044
The actual measure of HPI 72044 is 4.3 mm (standard is 5.00 mm), 4.8 mm is the total length including the small board (standard 5.5) thus reducing the wheel track is 1.4 mm total
Old 12-15-2010, 06:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mojoman
What are you looking for? I can check eta's at horizon and other major distributors.
Pivot blocks, 1mm washers, .5 mm washers. That's it for now.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goin2drt
I'll check for you when I get to work this afternoon.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:56 AM
Tech Elite

I know (cause I bought them) amain has a purple Schumacher shim set of .5mm, 1mm and 2mm shims and the color matches up good. Also, they have sets of the pivots blocks in black and blue and some individual purple ones. I may eventually break down and buy the black ones if a set of purple blocks aren't released soon.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:45 AM
Tech Master

Alright from what it looks like a lot of the major US distributors just got some HPI/HB parts. Your shims are at Horizon and in stock p/n hpiz813 and hpiz815. The pivots are on the receiving dock so will probably be in circulation within the week. You are aware they discontinued the 1* block? Anyway hope this helps all those TCX owners who need their stockings stuffed.
Old 12-15-2010, 01:44 PM
Tech Master

Default Steering Chatter on Power

Hey all, just purchased a TCX and got it out to the track for the first time yesterday evening. I noticed that I have a nasty chatter when turning left and right on certain points of throttle. (It does not chatter without the tires on the car, however I checked with two types of tires with the same result). I have rebuilt the CVDs, checked for abnormal slop in the hubs and steering rack, all the bearings are smooth, the spool is not worn out and the pins on the bones are pretty flush, ascentrics on belts are where they should be, the ball studs and king pin screw are shimmed out on the c-hub so as to not rub on the axle, my end points on the radio are not at all maxed out, and the sway bar is clearing the bones. I've pretty much exhausted my knowledge any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Casey
Old 12-15-2010, 01:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Hey all, just purchased a TCX and got it out to the track for the first time yesterday evening. I noticed that I have a nasty chatter when turning left and right on certain points of throttle. (It does not chatter without the tires on the car, however I checked with two types of tires with the same result). I have rebuilt the CVDs, checked for abnormal slop in the hubs and steering rack, all the bearings are smooth, the spool is not worn out and the pins on the bones are pretty flush, ascentrics on belts are where they should be, the ball studs and king pin screw are shimmed out on the c-hub so as to not rub on the axle, my end points on the radio are not at all maxed out, and the sway bar is clearing the bones. I've pretty much exhausted my knowledge any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Casey
I hate to say it buddy but you are used to a Losi, you will not ever get used to this chatter.
Old 12-15-2010, 01:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Check this post. It doesn't completely take the chatter out, but it reduces it a LOT.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Casey
Old 12-15-2010, 01:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Since the POMs are super difficult to find in stock, these will work too. It fits nicely.
Old 12-15-2010, 02:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

HPI #73507 Steering hub back in stock !
Old 12-16-2010, 07:21 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks,
Casey
What are the steering end points set to? And how much dual rate are you using? To completely get rid of the chatter, you could set the end points to the point right before the chattering. However, this will limit the amount of steering you may need to get around the track. The POM outdrives might help as well. You could also try the POM or TOP pin covers which allows the removal of the set screw from the CVD. Also, the chatter seems to be more prevalent on carpet and high bites surfaces.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:29 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Apex
What are the steering end points set to? And how much dual rate are you using? To completely get rid of the chatter, you could set the end points to the point right before the chattering. However, this will limit the amount of steering you may need to get around the track. The POM outdrives might help as well. You could also try the POM or TOP pin covers which allows the removal of the set screw from the CVD. Also, the chatter seems to be more prevalent on carpet and high bites surfaces.
Thanks but I really don't want to sacrifice steering. I went to work with a dremel last night and was able to install hudy ecs driveshafts. It completely eliminated the chatter. Thank you all for your input.

Peace,
Old 12-17-2010, 06:18 AM
Tech Addict

Default Hb

Don't know if it's just gossip but has anyone else heard that Hot Bodies may be in financial trouble.. A couple of different racers have said it to me.. Any truth to it..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.