Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies TCX

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 01:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default rclitemods

Anyone used these 46mm driveshafts for the front from rclitemods?

http://www.litemodz.com/product_info...roducts_id=414

or

http://www.litemodz.com/product_info...roducts_id=289

Have not heard anyone on the TCX forum comment on them.. must be better then the aluminum ones..
Old 03-03-2011, 05:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by warnos
They work but their service if horrific. I ordered a set of CVS from them late last year and being the holiday season I took into consideration that it'll take some time. So I waited and waited until I decided to get in touch and it turns out they haven't even sent out my order yet and by then it was a month later. So when I got the shafts, I had gotten defect parts so I got touch again and here I am still waiting for the replacement a month later.

They work but be prepared for bad customer service and over promising delivery time lines.

Last edited by unknownmember; 03-03-2011 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 03-04-2011, 12:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Your better off doing the Hotomo spool (see my comments earlier in this thread) or to source the 46mm steel Pro-D drive shafts.

you will have no issues with drive, or longevity.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:32 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow
Actually, it will change the piston position in the shock body. When the 2mm lower shock mounting holes were used, the piston position will be 2mm higher that will generate less pack in the shock. It frees up the car a lot.

Hope it helps.
This is interesting. I never thought that the piston position in the shock body would affect car performance. Can you explain it? Would it be the same as using different shock shaft lenghs? For instance, the shafts from a pro4 are a bit longer than the cyclone ones. So, if I used them in a cyclone shock, the piston would be higher, much like using the lower shock tower. Would this have a similar effect in the car's handling? And what would that be, that is, what does "It frees up the car a lot" mean?

Thanks!
Old 03-04-2011, 07:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hara's TITC TCXHot Bodies TCX-024715acj9pzthjxajtj7t_jpg_thumb.jpg

Hot Bodies TCX-024715jjjzz0zly6nujjjt_jpg_thumb.jpg
Old 03-04-2011, 07:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oldnoob
He is running the gear diff in rear it looks like. What brand? Also the purple washers on the top deck. Those look sweet but he is not running those on every screw, I wonder why.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goin2drt
He is running the gear diff in rear it looks like. What brand? Also the purple washers on the top deck. Those look sweet but he is not running those on every screw, I wonder why.
To minimize/reduce flex.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Looks like Exotek has release the XX chassis for sale on their site.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:57 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by oldnoob
What kind of motor is he running? Is that a 2.5?
Old 03-04-2011, 10:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billtc3
This is interesting. I never thought that the piston position in the shock body would affect car performance. Can you explain it? Would it be the same as using different shock shaft lenghs? For instance, the shafts from a pro4 are a bit longer than the cyclone ones. So, if I used them in a cyclone shock, the piston would be higher, much like using the lower shock tower. Would this have a similar effect in the car's handling? And what would that be, that is, what does "It frees up the car a lot" mean?

Thanks!
yes, you can make the same adjustment by using different length of shock shaft. Also unscrewing the shock bottom end for finner adjustment. It is all about how much oil you have above/below the piston. If you have more volume above the piston, the shock has more pack (basically it generates more traction), and less will have less pack.This adjustment is not like we can say better or worse instantly as other adjustments.

When you try to change the piston position by unscrewing shock bottom, that will also limit the down travel especially you have shocks on #1, #2 on rear tower or #2 on rear arm. Be careful.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:02 AM
Tech Adept

To Hi-LowBlow

Hey, thanks a lot for replying.

I do have a set of pro4 shafts and I'll use them to see if I notice any difference. Right now I use the shorter cyclone shafts. It is fascinating, no matter how many years I've spent tuning and racing, finding info on details I had never dealt with before. Like you said, it's not about "better or worse instantly" but tiny things that can make you go a step further.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:04 PM
Tech Adept

Hey,

Do we know which steering hubs Hara is using because they're not HB!!

Also i notice both Hara and Andy moore are using the old wce style rollbar mounts and possible the tc rollbars because they definitely look wider than the tcx ones.....

any ideas??
Old 03-04-2011, 01:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt W
Hey,

Also i notice both Hara and Andy moore are using the old wce style rollbar mounts and possible the tc rollbars because they definitely look wider than the tcx ones.....

any ideas??
The steering blocks that they used at the TITC is our prototype. We will test more and possible to sell as option parts later.

Thanks,
Old 03-04-2011, 02:08 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Matt W
Hey,

any ideas??
They need to run the wce rollbars with the mounts, as otherwise if you use the kit rollbars with the wce mounts the rollbars bind up and have no play, as there not wide enough to go around the bulkhead, you can bend them out slightly, but they are still too short, i personally think there is a design fault as the rear kit rollbars are too short anyway. Im sure there using the older rollbar/mounts simply because its too short lol or the adjustment is far better, being able to adjust the play with the rollbar stoppers, i am also running them like them.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 100 (99%+)

Originally Posted by warnos

http://www.litemodz.com/product_info...roducts_id=414

or

http://www.litemodz.com/product_info...roducts_id=289

Have not heard anyone on the TCX forum comment on them.. must be better then the aluminum ones..
anything is better than the aluminum shafts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.