Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies TCX

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 04:18 AM
Tech Addict

Default Problem with pulley 39t to gear diff. 3Racing

Hello guys, I tried to use the pulley 39t 3Racing in its differential gear, but unfortunately it seems wrong, the belt is too stretched and does not seem to fit the form of the pulley.
Has anyone else tried to use it?
Old 12-19-2010, 05:25 AM
Tech Addict

what front pulley were you planning on using with the 39t rear?

you would need longer belts to be able to fit it comfortably.
but unfortunatly im not sure which belts you would need.
thats why we used the 37t pulleys with the old Cyclone TC belts...

hope that helps
luke
Old 12-19-2010, 06:21 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Luke Hobson
what front pulley were you planning on using with the 39t rear?

you would need longer belts to be able to fit it comfortably.
but unfortunatly im not sure which belts you would need.
thats why we used the 37t pulleys with the old Cyclone TC belts...

hope that helps
luke
I use the gear diff. 3Racing with a 38T pulley and Sakura 38T pulley on the spool, the whole thing works very well with the original belts TCX (F171/R64).
I tried using the new 39T pulley for gear diff. 3Racig. to prevent the replacement of the front pulley, but unfortunately it seems that it is wrong, has different pitch of the teeth and the wrong size.
I was wondering if it was just my case and also happened to others, if it happened to others we must take care not to buy the new kit pulleys 3Racing (# SAK-65J) because it does not work on the TCX.
Old 12-19-2010, 06:39 AM
Tech Elite

Hi guys,

I m in the market of getting a new kit and TCX is one on my list. Before that I just want to know more about this car.

1. Which parts do I need to stock? My LHS has a very limited spare parts so I need to ask them in advance on what stuff do I want so they can order them early.

2. Does HB make a steel UJ shaft replacement? I don't like the alum one,infact all my cars are using steel shaft, I just don't bother using the alum one coz they break easily. I can't find one on HB site, are there any aftermarket company that make them?

3. I like the HB DCJ drive system, but I understand for TCX you need to use HB Lockable One way to make it work. Has anybody tried this combo? Are the DCJ durable? The lockable one way means that they can be lock to become spool right?

4. What other option parts that are a must for this car?

5. Where online can I get parts easily and can send to Asia? It seems that even HK sites are limited when it comes to HB.

Thanks.
Old 12-19-2010, 07:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rccartips
Hi, thanks for the replies. I use standard Hara setup on indoor asphalt track. Maybe the problem is in my driving. Locally the 417s are dominating, and their chassis felt much stiffer than my TCX.

Do you guys put in the single upperdeck screw on the steering part?
I dont think anyone uses the centre steering screw. Have a lookat Hara's IIC setup, that with a few changes has actually been working well on Asphalt down under

Cheers,

Antoni
Old 12-19-2010, 08:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rccartips
Hi, thanks for the replies. I use standard Hara setup on indoor asphalt track. Maybe the problem is in my driving. Locally the 417s are dominating, and their chassis felt much stiffer than my TCX.

Do you guys put in the single upperdeck screw on the steering part?
...and BD5's, too...
Old 12-19-2010, 11:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Guys need help,

I dont know why, but on my country the "nationals" for 2011 were defined as 8.5 brushless class, no timing no turbo ... its a 6 race series using 2 different tracks, this esition was made in order to not give vantages to people using dinamic timing based esc's ...

So, as i use Tekin i will use the zero timing no turbo profile ... but i need tips for gearing my TCX on a 8.5 "flat".

thanks guys,
Old 12-19-2010, 04:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Does anyone know if the Cyclone spool is the same spool used on the Pro 4 version. Dimensions, ect.

Thanks
Old 12-20-2010, 12:35 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by R.Fenstermacher
Does anyone know if the Cyclone spool is the same spool used on the Pro 4 version. Dimensions, ect.

Thanks
Unfortunately no, the dimensions are very different, longer than 1 mm and different is the support of the pulley.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mojoman
Thanks but I really don't want to sacrifice steering. I went to work with a dremel last night and was able to install hudy ecs driveshafts. It completely eliminated the chatter. Thank you all for your input.

Peace,
mojoman: Can you give details on which part did you dremel to fit the Hudy ECS. Are you using the 50 or 52mm shafts? Pics will be great too.

Thanks.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dameetz
mojoman: Can you give details on which part did you dremel to fit the Hudy ECS. Are you using the 50 or 52mm shafts? Pics will be great too.

Thanks.
Using the stock steel outdrives I honed out the inner diameter about 1.5mm and approximately 3/4 of an inch deep. It ate up the better part of a tungsten carbide bit so be prepared to get dirty. The 50mm are to small you will need the 52mm ecs'. I have another set of spool outdrives on order along with the infamous dcj driveshafts. The car is at the track but I will try to get pictures up tomorrow.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I had done similar with mine, just used a drill bit slightly bigger then the ecs ball, put them on my drill press and enlarged the inner hol,e then use a cut off wheel to enlarge the pin slots to fit the xray 3mm blades...has worked very nice so far. I have also been running front gear diff with the top steel bones, no chatter that way either.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:27 AM
Tech Elite

mojoman, Mike Haynes thanks for that info guys, yes I love to see the pics of it. I m actually trying to decide which car I m going to buy. TCX is on my list and I have test driven my friend's TCX which I really like the feel and handling of it. The only thing that is holding me back is the lack of parts availability (either locally or online shop). So knowing that TCX comes with an aluminum drive shaft I m afraid it will break sooner and I can't get the parts or upgrade parts for it. Now that I know that something like Hudy ECS (available locally) can fit makes me feel secure if the alum shaft should break.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hello guys,

just wondering what the effect of the height of the anti roll bars holders is?

Cheers

Jordan
Old 12-21-2010, 03:33 PM
Tech Adept

I just builded my TCX but all four shocks are moving about 2MM forward and backward. It looks like the plastic shock end ball is too long, is it suppose to be like that? Will the optional aluminum shock end ball solve the problem, it looks like the aluminum one is a bit shorter from the picture

Thank you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.