Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies TCX

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 03:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AGNO
Unfortunately no, the dimensions are very different, longer than 1 mm and different is the support of the pulley.
Thanks!
Old 12-21-2010, 09:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

dameetz: Attached are some pictures for you.

Last edited by mojoman; 06-14-2011 at 03:01 AM.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:27 AM
Tech Elite

Mojoman: Thanks bro, now I have the idea on what to do. I ll be ordering the 52mm Hudy ECS soon. One more thing bro, do you use the xray shaft blades together with the modded outdrives?

Last edited by dameetz; 12-22-2010 at 06:23 AM.
Old 12-22-2010, 07:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dameetz
Mojoman: Thanks bro, now I have the idea on what to do. I ll be ordering the 52mm Hudy ECS soon. One more thing bro, do you use the xray shaft blades together with the modded outdrives?
The xray blades will not fit in the outdrives without making the slots bigger, which I didn't do and found out that was a bad idea as the bones are wearing my outdrives. At the earliest possibility I will be opening up the slots to fit the xray blades.

HTH,
Old 12-22-2010, 09:04 AM
Tech Elite

Can anybody post a based set up for outdoor asphalt with medium grip? I live in a hot and humid country and usually Sorex 40 is our choice of tyres. Hara's winning TITC 2010 set up will be great too.

I m skeptical about the plastic spring adjuster on the shock body,it does not have the friction rubber like other brands, will it hold its position without turning its self up or down due to vibration?
Old 12-22-2010, 09:21 AM
Tech Master

I use the gear diff. 3Racing with a 38T pulley and Sakura 38T pulley on the spool, the whole thing works very well with the original belts TCX (F171/R64).
I tried using the new 39T pulley for gear diff. 3Racig. to prevent the replacement of the front pulley, but unfortunately it seems that it is wrong, has different pitch of the teeth and the wrong size.
I was wondering if it was just my case and also happened to others, if it happened to others we must take care not to buy the new kit pulleys 3Racing (# SAK-65J) because it does not work on the TCX.
Really, but when i want to try put 38t on my TC, seems too loose, isn't it?
Old 12-22-2010, 10:30 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mac853
Really, but when i want to try put 38t on my TC, seems too loose, isn't it?
What do you mean, exactly "seems too loose"?
Old 12-22-2010, 11:13 AM
Tech Addict

Can anybody post a based set up for outdoor asphalt with medium grip? I live in a hot and humid country and usually Sorex 40 is our choice of tyres. Hara's winning TITC 2010 set up will be great too.

I m skeptical about the plastic spring adjuster on the shock body,it does not have the friction rubber like other brands, will it hold its position without turning its self up or down due to vibration?
The spring adjuster are not plastic but aluminum,however does not loosen with vibration.

This setup is for Sorex 36, but it should work anyway.

Old 12-23-2010, 01:26 AM
Tech Elite

The spring adjuster are not plastic but aluminum,however does not loosen with vibration.

This setup is for Sorex 36, but it should work anyway.

Thanks for the set up Agno. Do you set any rebound at the shocks? If no rebound do you make a small hole at the shocks top (1mm)? This is what I usually do to my other cars to get zero rebound. My local track is a bit bumpy BTW.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:39 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks for the set up Agno. Do you set any rebound at the shocks? If no rebound do you make a small hole at the shocks top (1mm)? This is what I usually do to my other cars to get zero rebound. My local track is a bit bumpy BTW.
I prefer to have the maximum amount of oil inside the shock, I can adjust the rebound with fonam (with foam= high rebound, no foam = low rebound), I tried the plug hole in shock but I was not satisfied, seems to me that driving becomes a little more nervous, maybe if there are many bumps the hole can work, I've never tried it on bumpy tracks ...
Old 12-23-2010, 05:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yumlailai
I just builded my TCX but all four shocks are moving about 2MM forward and backward. It looks like the plastic shock end ball is too long, is it suppose to be like that? Will the optional aluminum shock end ball solve the problem, it looks like the aluminum one is a bit shorter from the picture

Thank you
The movement doesn't affect anything and will reduce every time you install the shocks because the plastic will slowly compress every time you tighten down the screws/nuts.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:38 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by yumlailai
I just builded my TCX but all four shocks are moving about 2MM forward and backward. It looks like the plastic shock end ball is too long, is it suppose to be like that? Will the optional aluminum shock end ball solve the problem, it looks like the aluminum one is a bit shorter from the picture

Thank you
Originally Posted by Cyclone Bender
The movement doesn't affect anything and will reduce every time you install the shocks because the plastic will slowly compress every time you tighten down the screws/nuts.
And Yes, the optional aluminum shock end ball will eliminate the movement.

http://www.hotbodiesonline.com/products/en/61326.html

!
Old 12-24-2010, 07:50 AM
Tech Master

What do you mean, exactly "seems too loose"?
I mean the front not rear, i guess rear could be more tight, due front belt is larger.
Old 12-24-2010, 09:00 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mac853
I mean the front not rear, i guess rear could be more tight, due front belt is larger.
I positioned the bearing holder to the maximum possible position and the belt is properly tensioned, At the rear, I chose one step less the maximum position getting the correct tension.
Old 12-24-2010, 10:06 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by EJ20
And Yes, the optional aluminum shock end ball will eliminate the movement.

http://www.hotbodiesonline.com/products/en/61326.html

!

Any suggestion on where i can get these aluminum shock end ball? I tried a few online stores, they are all out of stock

Thank you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.