Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya TB-Evolution IV >

Tamiya TB-Evolution IV

Tamiya TB-Evolution IV

Reply

Old 08-10-2004, 06:10 PM
  #1051  
Tech Addict
 
racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: ADVAN Le Mans Project
Posts: 707
Default

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
How well do you drive .. don't hit the board s and you should be fine
-Dave
i usually nail the boards or sideswide them at the end of the straight away. i'm just a beginner myself. can't drive for beans. i find building kits and modify the drivetrain more of a challenge.
racer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 06:26 PM
  #1052  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by racer
i usually nail the boards or sideswide them at the end of the straight away. i'm just a beginner myself. can't drive for beans. i find building kits and modify the drivetrain more of a challenge.
Just make sure to have some spares on hand
-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 08:02 PM
  #1053  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
jedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 422
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Anyone know the thickness of the 950 bearings? Is it 3mm or 4mm? I plan to buy spare bearings even though my car has yet to arrive. And do you still need spare one way gears like the Evo3? Or do the one way gears last as long as a pro4s or longer?Thanks.
jedi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 05:32 AM
  #1054  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by jedi
Do you still need spare one way gears like the Evo3? Or do the one way gears last as long as a pro4s or longer?Thanks.
The one way gears a much stronger than the EVOIII ones by far.. you might want to pic up the Alloy Option gear and one set of spare gears for good measure
-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 09:20 AM
  #1055  
V12
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
V12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 2,644
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by jedi
Anyone know the thickness of the 950 bearings? Is it 3mm or 4mm? I plan to buy spare bearings even though my car has yet to arrive. And do you still need spare one way gears like the Evo3? Or do the one way gears last as long as a pro4s or longer?Thanks.
The thickness of the 950 bearings is 3mm
V12 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 09:23 AM
  #1056  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 1,244
Default

v12 any capet set-ups using rubber and one wys
trf racer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 09:41 AM
  #1057  
V12
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
V12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 2,644
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by trf racer
v12 any capet set-ups using rubber and one wys
Just posted a link to Marc Rheinards carpet setup at the EVO III thread.

Basically its very similar for EVO III and 415. Should work also with an EVO IV.
V12 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 01:33 PM
  #1058  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 1,244
Default

thanks v12.take it easy
trf racer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 03:22 AM
  #1059  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (10)
 
F. Alonso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 2,141
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Hey Dave, Can you tell us what that servo post is that you have on your Evo IV?? It has a transponder mount on it and it looks pretty cool, and is the std height for a servo post too I'd suspect???
F. Alonso is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 05:31 AM
  #1060  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by F. Alonso
Hey Dave, Can you tell us what that servo post is that you have on your Evo IV?? It has a transponder mount on it and it looks pretty cool, and is the std height for a servo post too I'd suspect???
Square makes it also Speedway PAL also makes one for the EVO3/4
-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 05:59 AM
  #1061  
Tech Adept
 
TRF_SPAIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 157
Default

Hey Rod, or any of the racers at the KO, nobody took pics of the evo4s?? i want to see Rod&Dave ones!
TRF_SPAIN is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 06:07 AM
  #1062  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by TRF_SPAIN
Hey Rod, or any of the racers at the KO, nobody took pics of the evo4s?? i want to see Rod&Dave ones!
I don`t think that you will see any picks of DJ`s EVO4 to many secret/special parts that were being tested..??... Just a wild guess Hey Rod you can ring in here any time now
-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 07:19 AM
  #1063  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (10)
 
F. Alonso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 2,141
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Square makes it also Speedway PAL also makes one for the EVO3/4
-Dave
Hey, do you have a part number for it?? I have to get one!
F. Alonso is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 07:30 AM
  #1064  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (10)
 
F. Alonso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 2,141
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Oh, and how tight do people screw the bulkheads together??? I ask this because I have to run them quite loose so that they don't pinch the bearings too much and so that the efficiency is good, but in doing this I feel as if the stiffness of the car is comprimised. What's everyone's take on that???
F. Alonso is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 08:45 AM
  #1065  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Sheffield, UK
Posts: 737
Default

Originally posted by F. Alonso
Oh, and how tight do people screw the bulkheads together??? I ask this because I have to run them quite loose so that they don't pinch the bearings too much and so that the efficiency is good, but in doing this I feel as if the stiffness of the car is comprimised. What's everyone's take on that???


I'd say : tighten them up as much as you can, otherwise you'll be facing poor handling and probably self-tweaking of the chassis.
Cobra81li200 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service