Like Tree486Likes

1/12 forum

Hide Wikipost
Old 12-13-2018, 02:04 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: 1/12 forum
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: IBxAnders
This is a place to share knowledge related to 1/12th scale racing. It is not to be used for conversations.

1/12th Scale Pan Car Kits:

Click links to go to manufacturer product page. If any are missing please add them!

Associated 12R6
https://www.teamassociated.com/cars_.../Factory_Team/ Jul 2017 release
DISCUSSION THREAD - Team Associated 12R6

Print Wikipost

Old 12-21-2007, 07:53 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bubonic-X View Post
Im running 31/100 for gearing on a medium asphalt track with a 12L4 and a Peak 19T with NIMH's with stock setup for now. Is that close for gearing? Anything else I should do. And what is evrybody doing for bumpers? Just a 10th scale foam shaved down to fit under body? Or shell as our friends from across the pond would say....
That is way undergeared. You want to have a rollout of about 2.100 with that motor.
Old 12-21-2007, 07:56 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys, I thought I'd put a couple more pics of my SpeedEvil 2007 on here for you to look at. I noticed one of the guys was using a damper tube with a spring on it as a centre shock, so I thought I'd try that as well. It's actually a Corally tube with a associated front end spring on it. The idea is that it's easy to change the spring and damper syrup and the whole lot weighs quite a bit less than the normal shock setup. I tried it out at the last meeting and it was fine, no better or worse than the normal shock setup. You may also notice my setup wheels, these are CRC wheels with a rubber O-ring on them. Just makes setting the tweak a little easier as normally tyres are differant sizes due to use. Let me know what you think ok? Cheers, Chris.
Attached Thumbnails 1/12 forum-dscf2583.jpg   1/12 forum-dscf2584.jpg   1/12 forum-dscf2585.jpg  
Old 12-21-2007, 04:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wingman2 View Post
"Nice you sound like a top class A-hole."

Well, thanks very much for that although I don't know what you are talking about. If you look at the posts, the guys asked what trouble our club members were having with their brushless setups because they are doing well with their own, and I tried to answer the question as truthfully as possible.

Thanks again pal, Chris.
Not at all mate!!!!!!! Just look at your response(I need you to understand that some of these guys have been racing for over 30 years, so don't think its because of something stupid mate!)

I guess I should have called your comments just a little condescending.

Tom (THE BIG A_HOLE)
Old 12-21-2007, 05:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

CheckMate, for it seems you got branded hard wingman.

I wouldn't mind sheding the excess weight and quick rebuilds by using the IRS rugrat tubes.
http://www.teamirsrc.com/12scale.html

I would like to know how they settle the car in bumpy tracks or hard accellerations. It seems to be a compromise between the "SPEC" 1:12 running piano wire and fuel tubbing and having a $50 micro shock. By using those tubes there are alot of spring options available now: STANDARD, PROGESSIVE, Bi-RATE, Barrel. ect. Check with RC4LESS, WOLFE, Windtunnel ect for 1:10 front springs.

The O-ring for tires are just the cheap version of these. As long as you use the same method every time to obtain your setup it should prove more relaible than just using wore or untrued tires.http://darksidems.com/viewproducts.php?partnum=350
Old 12-22-2007, 10:06 AM
Tech Master

The IRS damper tubes are what come as standard on the SpeedEvil car. They are great units and having the various springs adds another tuning option.
Old 12-22-2007, 04:10 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Associated L4

Hi guys,

Just got an Associated L4, and I have found out there is a side-to-side play on the front axle after I put the wheel on. Should I get a different wheel or is this normail with L4. I am new to 1/12. Please help. Thanks..
Attached Thumbnails 1/12 forum-dscn1993.jpg   1/12 forum-dscn1995.jpg   1/12 forum-dscn2002.jpg   1/12 forum-dscn2004.jpg  
Old 12-22-2007, 04:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Aaron,

I think your problem is that you have flangeless bearings in your fronts, you need to get the same size bearing only flanged. The flangeless were used in the jaco older style of rim that has been on the market for several years now that is probably been discontinued.

Steve
Old 12-22-2007, 05:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by corallyman View Post
Aaron,

I think your problem is that you have flangeless bearings in your fronts, you need to get the same size bearing only flanged. The flangeless were used in the jaco older style of rim that has been on the market for several years now that is probably been discontinued.

Steve

So if I want to use this rim, I need to find flanged bearings? Or if I can get the older style Jaco rim, I can get away with my existing flangeless bearings.

By the way, what front and rear track width do you normally run. Thank you very much Steve....

Best,

Aaron
Old 12-22-2007, 05:24 PM
Tech Elite

Aaron,

For the rear track most people always run max width which is 172mm.
The front track is mostly fixed. When you get the proper bearings in the wheels chances are at most you can add one small shim but really there is not alot to alter in the front without some modification which if you are running a 1/12th for the first time sticking to stock is probably best.

Getting back to the rear width its commonly believed that running max width in the back gives the most stable rear. Running a little narrower gives more grip. Same basically with the front.

As for the bearings some rims require flanged some flangeless, you should maybe just consider having a set of each.

Hopes this helps

Steve
Old 12-22-2007, 05:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Aaron,

For the rear track most people always run max width which is 172mm.
The front track is mostly fixed. When you get the proper bearings in the wheels chances are at most you can add one small shim but really there is not alot to alter in the front without some modification which if you are running a 1/12th for the first time sticking to stock is probably best.

Getting back to the rear width its commonly believed that running max width in the back gives the most stable rear. Running a little narrower gives more grip. Same basically with the front.

As for the bearings some rims require flanged some flangeless, you should maybe just consider having a set of each.

Hopes this helps

Steve
Thanks a lot Steve.
Old 12-22-2007, 05:30 PM
Tech Regular

Aaron,

As beginner in 1:12th, I wrote some stuff about some fairly basic things on those car. You can read about this here. I guess that well know by experimented 1:12th pilots but for newbie, I hope that can help.
Old 12-22-2007, 05:50 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Arn0 View Post
Aaron,

As beginner in 1:12th, I wrote some stuff about some fairly basic things on those car. You can read about this here. I guess that well know by experimented 1:12th pilots but for newbie, I hope that can help.
Thanks a million!
Old 12-23-2007, 05:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Are any of you using the Niftech alignment tool? I just got mine, and am having a heck of a time trying to understand how it works!

I'm able to get it attached to the car, but how the hell are you supposed to derive any measurements when there is nothing scribed anywhere (except for the white lines)

Hopefully, i'm missing something simple.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

-Steve
Old 12-23-2007, 05:43 PM
Tech Elite

Can you post a pic of the devise. I used to have a front end allignment tool, just want to see if its the same.

Steve
Old 12-23-2007, 05:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Can you post a pic of the devise. I used to have a front end allignment tool, just want to see if its the same.

Steve
Here it is: ( niftech.com )
Attached Thumbnails 1/12 forum-3001.jpg  

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service