Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 04:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The wider the track width the more stable and settled the car is, where as when its narrow its alot more nimble and is supposed to generate more grip hence the thinner hexes on the EC (or so it was mentioned on here before the car came out). I done some checking myself between the Mi2 and EC and i had the EC track widths coming out almost identical front and rear. It was my old Mi2 that was wider at the front than the back, only by about 1mm, something that could easily be corrected with spacers. My measurements also has the EC track widths wider than the Mi2 by about 1mm front and back.
Old 02-04-2006, 04:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

We run the EC with no spacers in the front and the 1mm spacers in the rear.
Old 02-04-2006, 07:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Ran the car again and tested a few things. Wound up back at last weeks set up. Had some very bad luck in the first round and broke in the 2nd which put me in the B-main (only because the the bad luck) The car is awesome. In the Bmain I turned it into a motor clinic down the straight for the fans. The DC power is no joke. I already know what to do for next weekend and Mo and I will be ready to lay it down once again. This is a good car. We already know we can run with the Corally guys now. We just have to dig a little deeper.

How did everyone else do???
Old 02-04-2006, 08:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Ran the car again and tested a few things. Wound up back at last weeks set up. Had some very bad luck in the first round and broke in the 2nd which put me in the B-main (only because the the bad luck) The car is awesome. In the Bmain I turned it into a motor clinic down the straight for the fans. The DC power is no joke. I already know what to do for next weekend and Mo and I will be ready to lay it down once again. This is a good car. We already know Mo can run with the Corally guys now. I just have to dig a little deeper.

I completely agree Clint.
Old 02-04-2006, 09:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Ran the car again and tested a few things. Wound up back at last weeks set up. Had some very bad luck in the first round and broke in the 2nd which put me in the B-main (only because the the bad luck) The car is awesome. In the Bmain I turned it into a motor clinic down the straight for the fans. The DC power is no joke. I already know what to do for next weekend and Mo and I will be ready to lay it down once again. This is a good car. We already know we can run with the Corally guys now. We just have to dig a little deeper.

I have to take credit for some of the scheuy finishes 1 - I TM'd STLNLST's car backwards in Qual-1, but only after DJV was doing his baby heuy impression, and 2 - I didn't think Mo was lapping me so I shut the door on him in the A main
Old 02-04-2006, 09:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

I see how it is Harsh!!!! Can't beat 'em....So take 'em out
Old 02-05-2006, 12:05 AM
Tech Elite

Jon Kerr and I tested the track width also tonight at SoCal. No spacers in front and spacers in rear. Picked up a little more corner entry steering and took away a little from the middle on out. Just enough to balance the car out perfectly. Then I went to the 1.5mm bars front and rear from the 1.2mm and picked up some more cornerspeed, .2 to .3 seconds a lap faster. I believe Jon did not like it as much though.

Thanks Jon for the motor, needed a little more then what I had for 19T. Can't wait to get my DC 19T.
Old 02-05-2006, 12:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Donny- No Prob.

SoCal was fun tonight. 19 turn has been stacked with fast drivers there for a while. (Top 10 within 8 seconds on the track.) I also didn't run as well as I wanted in qualifying and ended up in the B. But I did win it again and had a really great race with a T2 and a Cyclone. We're learning a lot up there and we've got a few things to try next time. I love the corner speed and consistency this car gives.
Old 02-05-2006, 03:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by AdrianM
We run the EC with no spacers in the front and the 1mm spacers in the rear.
Thanks Adrian. I'll give it a try asap.
Old 02-05-2006, 03:56 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by duckman996
The tires you are running will effect how much bite you will want from your diffs ... are you running rubber or foam?
rubber on carpet do the rear need more bite front less or otherway round? and how much cos at the mo I`ev set em so if i press the rear down and hit full power they just slip at the rear but only just so under full load held back, the fronts give a bit more, but having cleaned them up we got rid of the gritty feel and rough feel to them they was clean but rough when turned.
Old 02-05-2006, 04:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Wildie
rubber on carpet do the rear need more bite front less or otherway round?
Are you using a one-way in the front? And what tires are you using?
Old 02-05-2006, 04:03 AM
Tech Rookie

sorex tryes and standard front
Old 02-05-2006, 10:42 AM
Tech Elite

Hey Clint, MO, RacerX- I am thinking of going up there to Stockton next Saturday if I can find someone to share a ride with up there. If I make it up there, can any of you help me out with the foam tire thing. My truer sucks for 1/10th scale tires and I don't know what I am doing anyways. Should I start with PW's set-up from the kit or MO's set-up?
Old 02-05-2006, 11:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Cornerspeed:

There are plenty of tire truers at the track so that won't be a problem. I think you may want to start with MO's setup since you have always liked that edgy kind of setup (car is VERY reactive). Anything else you may need, we can hook you up with. Hope to see you there...
Old 02-05-2006, 12:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Well ran yesterday with Fred at Horsham. Fred ran 19 and I ran stock. He used Fernando's setup and made slight changes...I used PW's setup. we ran on the layout that they will have at Snowbirds (hated it ). Freds car looked pretty good but it didn't rotate as well as he wanted it too...maybe driving style? My car was a mess. It was awesome in practice and not bad in the first round but as the bite started to get insane, my car started going backward. I really only had 1 complete run out of my qualifiers and the main and that was the first qual, which I still had to pull over to make an adjustment two times. So anyone going to Snowbirds...don't run the PW Kit setup LOL.

Good Luck to everyone going down....keep us updated.

Bob

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.