Schumacher Corner

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 01:15 PM
Tech Addict

now still you know thats not true. if i had the radio you would find parts all over the place. in fact, they wouold still be LOOKING for extra parts, lol
Old 09-12-2005, 01:19 PM
Tech Addict

now still you know thats not true. if i had the radio in my hands you would see broken car parts all over the place. in fact, you would STILL be looking for parts..... lol
Old 09-12-2005, 01:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
when I see your car like that I'd assume that Rich Stidham had the radio...LOL
LMAO
Old 09-12-2005, 06:00 PM
N4S
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

If you look really close at the picture there is clearly no way to get through those cars ......... P-dub just found the fastest line , wich was over them all !!!!!!
Old 09-12-2005, 06:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'm not sure what the hell happen, but I'm just happy Billy and I got back up to the front by the end of 5 minutes
Old 09-13-2005, 05:45 AM
Tech Adept

Default Belts?!?

Ok, I have a problem. Has anyone had any problems with snapping rear belts?? I bought the car 2nd hand, and I've snapped a few belts, I've replaced the layshaft pulley with an alloy one (because the std one was worn), I've recently put on a new rear diff pulley (because I had to try something else!!), but I haven't run a "new" belt with the new rear pulley (they've had runs, I've either replaced it early or got a used one off a mate because I broke one), so I'm hoping that a new belt with the new pulley's will stop the problem (I've got a delrin pulley on the way), because all up I've snapped at least 5 belts??

Also, when I have the new ones, how do you loose do you set them? As normally I leave it on the loosest setting, and start to gradually tighten it if/when I hear it skipping?

Thanks
Iain
Old 09-13-2005, 06:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey just curious if anyone has a decent set up for a LRP QC2. I had to send my tekin g10pro in for repairs . one of the fets fell out . So I pick up a QC2 to try. by the way Im running a stock chassis with a spool for Stock racing. any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 09-13-2005, 06:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Iain
Ok, I have a problem. Has anyone had any problems with snapping rear belts?? I bought the car 2nd hand, and I've snapped a few belts, I've replaced the layshaft pulley with an alloy one (because the std one was worn), I've recently put on a new rear diff pulley (because I had to try something else!!), but I haven't run a "new" belt with the new rear pulley (they've had runs, I've either replaced it early or got a used one off a mate because I broke one), so I'm hoping that a new belt with the new pulley's will stop the problem (I've got a delrin pulley on the way), because all up I've snapped at least 5 belts??

Also, when I have the new ones, how do you loose do you set them? As normally I leave it on the loosest setting, and start to gradually tighten it if/when I hear it skipping?

Thanks
Iain
You should be running the standard U2434 rear belt. The U2721 narrow belt snaps if you run Mod or 19T.

Let us know if this helps.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:47 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by AdrianM
You should be running the standard U2434 rear belt. The U2721 narrow belt snaps if you run Mod or 19T.

Let us know if this helps.
They have been the standard rear belts.....
Old 09-13-2005, 09:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

When did the belt snapping start? Did you snap belts before changing to the alloy pulley? It is any better now that you have changed the rear pulley?

I can say with certainty that this is not a common problem so we should be able to get this figured out.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

That is odd. I've never had a belt snap on this car. Could there be something in the pulley that could be cutting the belt a little and causing a week spot?
Old 09-13-2005, 09:59 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by AdrianM
When did the belt snapping start? Did you snap belts before changing to the alloy pulley? It is any better now that you have changed the rear pulley?

I can say with certainty that this is not a common problem so we should be able to get this figured out.
Nope, I've done it before I got the alloy pulley and after, the standard one was quite worn, so I thought it may of been that.

btw, it's under heavy braking that it has been doing it, the track that the state titles are at has 2 heavy braking points.

I didn't think it was, which is why it's annoying...
Old 09-13-2005, 10:01 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
That is odd. I've never had a belt snap on this car. Could there be something in the pulley that could be cutting the belt a little and causing a week spot?
I've never seen anything that has gotten into the pulley, and it still looks in excellent condition.

I can see some of the anodising wearing off, but it just looks like through use, not a stone or anything getting caught in it....
Old 09-13-2005, 02:56 PM
N4S
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Correct me if i am wrong , but it seems as though the only belts you have put on the car have been used..... Although 5 seems like an extreme amount , if they were all close to being warn out this may explain it. If i were you i would simply try a brand new one and see how long you get out of it. I run 19 turn with the rear diff extremely tight ...... several runs on them and they still look new. Hope you get this figured out...... It sucks to have to tear a car down at the track......
Old 09-13-2005, 03:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

When they snap, is it a clean snap or it it freyed? It still sounds to me like something is rubbing somewhere.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.