Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2005, 03:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

The car was killer in the main. Too many mistakes cost me a higher finishing position. Had some major trouble in qualifying that cost me a chassis. (Good thing it was only my stock 2.0) The RP 30's were dialed yesterday. Even when it got cold. The whole race was pretty fun. Hell froze over for one round lastnight as one of the local guys TQ'ed for one round.....that's like saying I won at speedworld. His car was dialed in stock though (RDX) 2nd place in mod was running a 19 turn and held his own on that track. Dominic F. was running a 6x1 and got yanked...LOL

Mo- Congrats on the win. Good thing the out of control TC4 didn't hit you too..
Old 07-10-2005, 03:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Good job guys.
Old 07-10-2005, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

My debut with my Schuie didnt happen. Showed up and the car was glitching. Changed recievers and it went away for 1 run. Car was good and was easily slicing through traffic. Glitch came back and tried switching to a 75 band setup and differnt motors and still no luck. Got to watch Mo put it down in the first heat and lap all the way up to second place.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

hey guys what shocks are better the ones that come with the mi2 or the trf shocks
Old 07-10-2005, 06:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

I didnt get to race on the weekend due to family comitments, but I did stew over the Bump steer topic a little.

Without testing, i can see how a little toe out in bump could reduce turn in understeer, in a similar way that some static toe out gives front end more initial bite. But with it being kind of reactive you dont get the added drag in the straight of toe out. It could be of benefit on tight tracks, as is running greater ackerman angle anyways.

General rule is the tighter the track the more Ackerman angle I run.

Not sure how far you'd want to go with it, as I think exessive bump out would be of detriment to Straight line stability over bumps and also Mid Corner as you wind lock on, with reduced lock on the front outer wheel during suspension compression.

The Initial steering gain could be of benefit when running a spool.

I will definately have a play with this next weekend at the track.

Last edited by King-G; 07-10-2005 at 06:30 PM.
Old 07-10-2005, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PW
Congrats to Jason Moberly and Clint Riley for their strong performance at this years 7th Annual 2005 REVO Race

results: http://www.riponspeedway.com/RaceRes...E9.txt&ID=1873
Congrats to STLNLST for becomming a man and running mod ....good run guys, lookd like it was a killer and fun race, wish I could've made it ...I'll have to keep in mind the Revo is 1st/2nd weekend in July and plan for it next year.
Old 07-10-2005, 08:59 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by HarshGuy
Congrats to STLNLST for becomming a man and running mod ....good run guys, lookd like it was a killer and fun race, wish I could've made it ...I'll have to keep in mind the Revo is 1st/2nd weekend in July and plan for it next year.
It's always a killer race. I ran mod and Rob was still in the B-main so now he can't say I was steal a position away from him... We had too much horse power for the layout we were running on. Aaron's 19 turn times weren't too far from Mo's mod times. I'm still running 19 turn at the regionals.......LOL
Old 07-10-2005, 09:01 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by King-G
I didnt get to race on the weekend due to family comitments, but I did stew over the Bump steer topic a little.

Without testing, i can see how a little toe out in bump could reduce turn in understeer, in a similar way that some static toe out gives front end more initial bite. But with it being kind of reactive you dont get the added drag in the straight of toe out. It could be of benefit on tight tracks, as is running greater ackerman angle anyways.

General rule is the tighter the track the more Ackerman angle I run.

Not sure how far you'd want to go with it, as I think exessive bump out would be of detriment to Straight line stability over bumps and also Mid Corner as you wind lock on, with reduced lock on the front outer wheel during suspension compression.

The Initial steering gain could be of benefit when running a spool.

I will definitely have a play with this next weekend at the track.
I think you hit it on the head with not going too far with it. Bump steer should be used only as a fine tuning tool. I think major changes could cause some very erratic handling because of the reactive nature of it.

One thing I did try Yesterday and really liked was the outer Ackerman hole on the bell cranks. It seemed to give the car more steering all around and actually seemed to stabilize it. For anyone who hasn't been to SoCal, it's an indoor asphalt banked oval track with an infield. There are usually transitions from the banking to the flat infield that can really upset the car. Especially when that transition is mid corner. When I put the Ackerman to the outer hole, the car stopped getting out of shape going through the rough transition. I'm not sure if it was just because I was hitting it better having more steering or not, but it worked.
Old 07-10-2005, 09:01 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by kid TT-01
hey guys what shocks are better the ones that come with the mi2 or the trf shocks
I wouldn't say that any of the two are better than the other. The Tamiya shocks are just easier to bleed. The stock shocks are fine and only need a slight modification to work with the lower carpet towers. The Tamiya's are a direct fit to the carpet towers.
Old 07-10-2005, 11:03 PM
Tech Elite

Great job MO and Clint.

I finnally got my BMI MI2 working today. Looking forward to the racing ahead. Still haven't been able to test the overdrive. Hopefully next time.
Old 07-11-2005, 03:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

jon kerr: hello! many thanks for sending me the set-up you made... will re-do my car with-in the week and give yours a try. i was wondering, were you using the RJ RIDE Accord TSX? how were you able to mount the rear body post to the Accord without hitting the elevation for the wing? any modification? pls. post pics more power!

Carlo
Old 07-11-2005, 06:37 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rbboy
jon kerr: hello! many thanks for sending me the set-up you made... will re-do my car with-in the week and give yours a try. i was wondering, were you using the RJ RIDE Accord TSX? how were you able to mount the rear body post to the Accord without hitting the elevation for the wing? any modification? pls. post pics more power!

Carlo
Most of us are using the BMI shock towers so the body posts are on the towers. Most of the newer bodies can't be mounted using the existing rear body mounts.
Old 07-11-2005, 06:38 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by cornerspeed
Great job MO and Clint.

I finnally got my BMI MI2 working today. Looking forward to the racing ahead. Still haven't been able to test the overdrive. Hopefully next time.
Thanks. When I use to run the Losi we only used the over drive on carpet with foams. I never tried it with rubber tire's. Let me know how it feels once you try it.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:25 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Most of us are using the BMI shock towers so the body posts are on the towers. Most of the newer bodies can't be mounted using the existing rear body mounts.
Ding, ding, ding!
Old 07-11-2005, 08:16 AM
Tech Champion

Hope all you Florida boys are OK. I don't know Florida Geography too well so I'm not sure who was in the path and who wasn't. Just hope everyone's safe.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.