Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 11:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Good to see you got together again... what sort of advice do you need? will you be running on carpet or asphalt? Tell me how that r9r body works...
been reading that it's a little aggressive...

Alien
Old 04-27-2011, 11:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by angry-alien
Good to see you got together again... what sort of advice do you need? will you be running on carpet or asphalt? Tell me how that r9r body works...
been reading that it's a little aggressive...

Alien
thank you! i'm running on asphalt and mainly advice about the motor and set up for road. i only use to run carpet so it's hard for me to adapt you know?
the r9 is amazing, and i guess you could say it's a little aggressive lol
i'm still having a little bit of traction loss out of turns though.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:14 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jordanjester
thank you! i'm running on asphalt and mainly advice about the motor and set up for road. i only use to run carpet so it's hard for me to adapt you know?
If you are losing rear end traction 'on power' out of the corners, you may have to loosen the rear diff a little... you can also look at the rear toe...
how is the surface you're running on... is it treated? are the tyres 'sauced' before you run?... the r9r also puts a lot of down force on the
front end and not that much on the rear i believe...

Tell me more about the electrics... from what i can see so far, is that it's a non-sensor motor... if that's the case, you will have to be very
smooth on the throttle out of corners...

Alien
Old 04-28-2011, 12:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by angry-alien
If you are losing rear end traction 'on power' out of the corners, you may have to loosen the rear diff a little... you can also look at the rear toe...
how is the surface you're running on... is it treated? are the tyres 'sauced' before you run?... the r9r also puts a lot of down force on the
front end and not that much on the rear i believe...

Tell me more about the electrics... from what i can see so far, is that it's a non-sensor motor... if that's the case, you will have to be very
smooth on the throttle out of corners...

Alien
well, it is a non sensor motor, it's a reedy 540r? i'm using the speedo it came with an xp digital or something like that, receiver is a novak xxl(really really old) and a hitech servo. can't afford a lipo right now, wouldn't know how to set it up with a t1 anyway

the car is super hard to drive, the street is in front of my house so it's not ideal for driving but, it's not that bad. theres a one way is this(it was my backup for carpet) so i think i'm going to take it out? also, would standing the shocks up more help?

on another note, i really appreciate your help. this day and age i wouldn't expect it you know?
Old 04-28-2011, 01:24 PM
Tech Adept

well, it is a non sensor motor, it's a reedy 540r? i'm using the speedo it came with an xp digital or something like that, receiver is a novak xxl(really really old) and a hitech servo. can't afford a lipo right now, wouldn't know how to set it up with a t1 anyway

the car is super hard to drive, the street is in front of my house so it's not ideal for driving but, it's not that bad. theres a one way is this(it was my backup for carpet) so i think i'm going to take it out? also, would standing the shocks up more help?

on another note, i really appreciate your help. this day and age i wouldn't expect it you know?
No Problem man... A oneway won't help you very much on asphalt... Try a solid spool or a diff up front... keep the tops of shocks closer to center of the tower...
standing them up would be more suited for carpet... are you using stock shocks? if so, adjust the rears to soften them a little... a little roll can help... make some
notes on what the car does exactly...

Have a look at the hudy setup guide on the xray site... http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...a=253&catName=

Alien
Old 04-28-2011, 03:12 PM
Tech Master

I don't reccomend the one way . I run a diff in mine and I'm super satisfied with it . It's very tight but not fully ( I like it that way ) , no complaints

Angry alien , I run all 4 white springs , do you think I should have a go with yellow ones ( super soft ) at the back ?
Old 04-28-2011, 07:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Good day!

Are you planning on running on a prepaired track or just on the street? On a prepaired track the rear end will not wash out as mutch. there is a couple of ways to help fix this. You can try to make the rear stick better or you can try to mak the front a bit looser to make it equal or a bit of both. I run my rear shocks in a new hole I made in my tower that is further in to lay them down more. I use a yellow spring with 30w oil and the adjustable shock in the softest posision. In the front I run 30w oil with purple springs with the shock set at the hardest position and mounted on the 2nd outmost hole. I am using X-ray springs, are you? The colors may be the same from different manufactures but do not have the same rating.

On a prepaired track the car worked well but when we just had a practis day with no track prep my car and most others had rear grip problems and we had to be very soft with the throttle.

The weather has not been good here but it looks like we may get lucky this weekend and hopfully we will get a full day of racing in. That will give me a better idea how my car is working. I am also going to try and run only 32's tires no matter what the weather is like unless it gets realy hot then I might put on 36's

More to follow.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:27 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by UrabusDenis
I don't reccomend the one way . I run a diff in mine and I'm super satisfied with it . It's very tight but not fully ( I like it that way ) , no complaints

Angry alien , I run all 4 white springs , do you think I should have a go with yellow ones ( super soft ) at the back ?
Well, it depends on the results you're getting with the whites... do you need more roll in the rear? are you losing the rear on power?

Alien
Old 04-28-2011, 07:31 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BCbud
The weather has not been good here but it looks like we may get lucky this weekend and hopfully we will get a full day of racing in. That will give me a better idea how my car is working. I am also going to try and run only 32's tires no matter what the weather is like unless it gets realy hot then I might put on 36's

More to follow.

VIDS!!!
Old 04-29-2011, 04:14 AM
Tech Master

Well , it really depends on the conditions , sometimes yes sometimes not . I'll try it , at least springs aren't hard to change
Old 04-29-2011, 05:46 AM
Tech Adept

Yeah... the blues are pretty hard springs and i am still able to get good traction with two holes closed on the shocks... so It's really the conditions
of the track that will dictate the behavior of the car...
Old 05-05-2011, 12:27 PM
Tech Adept

Hi guys, just a small vid tour of the car on its stand... if i get to the track this weekend, i'll make some more...

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Alien
Old 07-17-2011, 09:37 AM
Tech Adept

Hey guys... just checking in... how are your T1s?
Old 07-17-2011, 11:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Aluminum hubs

Anybody need some aluminum hubs for a T1? I have no use for them... Post here or pm if
interested. Not looking to get rich just want them to go to a good home.

All parts are sold.

Last edited by Deves; 07-30-2011 at 12:54 PM.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:41 PM
Tech Adept

Hey guys, you all know where i can find the the outdrives bellow? i broke mine last night during a test... i will need a store or person who will accept paypal...

xra305131 Outdrives:

They fit this:

thanks
Alien

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.