Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 09:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by UrabusDenis
I see you're battery was also not parallel when on that setup ... Was it OK ? I'll try to make a holder for the battery , now you've made me optimistic again
I got to run this car for the first time on pavment last sunday. It was only 1 heat race as the weather turned on us but I am very happy with the way the car worked. The battery is angled so it clears the servo saver. The battery strap is a topdeck with opposing end fingers removed. This same battery (SMC 4000mAh lightning volts) will also fit across the back and will clear the belt with no mods needed.
Old 04-22-2011, 03:53 PM
Tech Master

The wiring is a mess , I know , but it came 2nd in our Hobbywing class last weekend so the old Slovak still has lots to prove . I was the fastest all day , however some bad luck took victory from us

Old 04-22-2011, 04:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

good to see you got your car together man... also great to see it preforms too... what kind of machines where you running against? can you post some tech details of the setup too?
Old 04-22-2011, 04:55 PM
Tech Master

Associated TC6s are a hit this year , there are a couple of them . Also there is a Yokomo BD5 , a few TC5s and Xrays T2 007-009 to name some modern machines . Furthermore , it's nice to see old chassis such as HPI Pro 4 and Asso TC3 , however they are not performing well I'm afraid ... I'm using Hobbywing ESC and motor ( class rules ) , Spektrum radio ( thinking of switching to a Sanwa M11 ... ) , Graupner servo and CS Electronic 5400 LiPO . I'm using VTEC foams now because currently they are much better for our track ( with LRP/Nosram additive ) . The car is now very fast and can be driven very aggressively . I'm using differentials both front ( very tight ) and rear ( loose ) . What exactly do you want to know about the setup my friend ?
Old 04-22-2011, 06:30 PM
Tech Initiate

today,
i blew mine up.
i was practicing on the track in front of my house, ad some how ended up in the gutter. esc blew up in my face, car drenched but i guess thats what i get.
horrible horrible day.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:03 PM
Tech Adept

Associated TC6s are a hit this year , there are a couple of them . Also there is a Yokomo BD5 , a few TC5s and Xrays T2 007-009 to name some modern machines . Furthermore , it's nice to see old chassis such as HPI Pro 4 and Asso TC3 , however they are not performing well I'm afraid ... I'm using Hobbywing ESC and motor ( class rules ) , Spektrum radio ( thinking of switching to a Sanwa M11 ... ) , Graupner servo and CS Electronic 5400 LiPO . I'm using VTEC foams now because currently they are much better for our track ( with LRP/Nosram additive ) . The car is now very fast and can be driven very aggressively . I'm using differentials both front ( very tight ) and rear ( loose ) . What exactly do you want to know about the setup my friend ?

Not much else man... sounds killer... our track is closed for a little while, so mine has been sitting in the 'garage'... can't wait to get out again...

good to see the 2004 car still kicking the back end of those younger machines... Videos?

Alien
Old 04-23-2011, 02:52 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jordanjester
today,
i blew mine up.
i was practicing on the track in front of my house, ad some how ended up in the gutter. esc blew up in my face, car drenched but i guess thats what i get.
horrible horrible day.
Horrible news man , really very bad ... How bad is it ( if you don't mind asking ) ?

Alien , thanks for the kind words ! This car is the fastest in this class so it's proof that old cars can be competitive at smaller speeds . However , I wouldn't like to drive this car at Pro Stock speeds because the drivetrain wear would increase a lot and parts aren't easy to get . Forgot to add , the car has new belts , ball bearings and spur/pinion , so it's a lot faster and A LOT more smooth A very good investment What tires do you use in Jamaica ? I ask because it must be pretty hot there

And sorry , no videos , I'll try to find out if someone has some

Last edited by UrabusDenis; 04-23-2011 at 03:06 AM.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:51 AM
Tech Adept

today,
i blew mine up.
horrible horrible day.
Wow... very sorry about this man... can you post some pics... will you be able to get it back together soon?

Horrible news man , really very bad ... How bad is it ( if you don't mind asking ) ?

Alien , thanks for the kind words ! This car is the fastest in this class so it's proof that old cars can be competitive at smaller speeds . However , I wouldn't like to drive this car at Pro Stock speeds because the drivetrain wear would increase a lot and parts aren't easy to get . Forgot to add , the car has new belts , ball bearings and spur/pinion , so it's a lot faster and A LOT more smooth A very good investment What tires do you use in Jamaica ? I ask because it must be pretty hot there

Yep... it does get a little toasty here... I run rubbers on asphalt... Sorex: 28, 32, 36 and 40... 36 and 40 during the day... 32/28 in the late evening...
the tyres are giving a healthy coating of WD40, then wiped off after 15 mins... the combination works very well ... a friend of mine who also drive a T1
used foams with his for a short time... the power he was putting out was a little much for foams, even though he ran 40s... the deterioration was a bit high and
they soon had no use to him... to me, they make no sense on asphalt, so I'll be sticking with rubbers...

we often run against nitros 1/10s and 1/8s... The T1s accelerate pass the 1/10s with no real effort and keep up with the 1/8s on rubbers, so I'll continue tuning
the car with them...

Alien
Old 04-23-2011, 11:49 AM
Tech Master

Great to hear you car is performing as well

I currently use foams because rubber simply doesn't have grip . Our track hasn't been sugar treated yet and it's undriveable on rubber . I used them last year ( Sweep 24 , VTEC 27 & 30 , Sorex 36 ) but now they just don't work
Old 04-23-2011, 12:15 PM
Tech Adept

hmmm... it did take some time for me to tune mine to run well with rubbers... and yes, it does make a little easier when the track is sugared...
the track I use is closed for a little while... when they're open again, i'll get some vids of mine...

Alien
Old 04-23-2011, 10:10 PM
Tech Initiate

not at all! :] well I'm still running nimh if your wondering why i didn't just disconnect the battery btw and it was only the speed controller it just started smoking and going ballistic which killed the motor(brushed) then when i picked it up to try and get the battery out thats when it blew up
it didn't really hurt just scary as all hell. the car was ok, i thought it was burnt but it wiped off the way i see it is it could have been worse with a lipo and brushless no?

alien, the speed controller is gone now so there's really nothing to take a picture of I'm sorry buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, i'm putting my backup together tonight, pics of that will do yeah? also, any way to convert a og t1 for lipo? i just can't see it :/
Old 04-23-2011, 10:36 PM
Tech Adept

not at all! :] well I'm still running nimh if your wondering why i didn't just disconnect the battery btw and it was only the speed controller it just started smoking and going ballistic which killed the motor(brushed) then when i picked it up to try and get the battery out thats when it blew up
it didn't really hurt just scary as all hell. the car was ok, i thought it was burnt but it wiped off the way i see it is it could have been worse with a lipo and brushless no?

alien, the speed controller is gone now so there's really nothing to take a picture of I'm sorry buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, i'm putting my backup together tonight, pics of that will do yeah? also, any way to convert a og t1 for lipo? i just can't see it :/

Good to know you'll having running again soon man... pics of the rebuild would be good ... convert og t1? what do you mean?

Alien
Old 04-26-2011, 06:48 AM
Tech Master

I always thought this car spiritually needs an old body , from it's days . I recently found an original Protoform Alfa 156 body and I was very happy because I always thought it to be the best looking . However , on track it was awful . No grip at all ( to remind you , the original body had a small wing ) . But I didn't give so I mounted an large modern wing from Hot Bodies . I will try the car tomorrow and hopefully it will have grip now . It would make me very happy

Here is the car with the body

Old 04-26-2011, 07:21 AM
Tech Adept

Very cool looking body... I am sure you'll have a little more down force with all those medals too ... let us know how it works out...
Old 04-27-2011, 10:03 PM
Tech Initiate

so this is the rebuild after the blow up,
i decided i would brake out the backup car (never used).
i just got my motor today, it's a reedy 3800kv i believe?
it works great, setting this car up took all god damn day.
advice?
Attached Thumbnails Xray T1-xray2.jpg   Xray T1-xray3.jpg   Xray T1-xray4.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.