Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2004, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

Of the cars that were developed in the last year or two, no one is better than another on the professional level. Sometimes the car that comes w/ the best instructions is the best car on the track b/c you make less mistakes building it. For that reason, I would say the Xray and HPI are the two best cars. The XXX-S and TC3/4 are becoming outdated, due to the fact that other companies can CAD design a car with much smaller tolerances for error. Now between the Xray and HPI, I would say the HPI is the better overall car, because it's durability and ease to work on. I'm sure the Xray fellas are going to jump all over me about that, but shaft drive is much simplier than two-belt design.
Old 12-27-2004, 09:14 AM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

Thanks guys! Never though of shaving a little material off the shock retainer. Everthing is set right, so that's not a problem. But last night I put a pair of alum. retainers on bottom and that helped a lot! I've used those in the past just didn't feel like taking them off another car for the other on. But I'll definatly try the AE retainers in the back. If that doesn't work, look out Team Tamale!!
Old 12-27-2004, 09:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

I can't understand why you can only get 7-8mm of ride height with foam tires. That doesn't make any sense at all.

Rob
Old 12-27-2004, 09:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally posted by Pro4Capece
Of the cars that were developed in the last year or two, no one is better than another on the professional level. Sometimes the car that comes w/ the best instructions is the best car on the track b/c you make less mistakes building it. For that reason, I would say the Xray and HPI are the two best cars. The XXX-S and TC3/4 are becoming outdated, due to the fact that other companies can CAD design a car with much smaller tolerances for error. Now between the Xray and HPI, I would say the HPI is the better overall car, because it's durability and ease to work on. I'm sure the Xray fellas are going to jump all over me about that, but shaft drive is much simplier than two-belt design.
Pro4Capece,

Not jumping all over you just a lite thrashing...LOL In the last year I have owned a FT TC3, Yok CGM and the HPI Pro 4 and after all of that I went back to my Xray (now FK). The Pro 4 felt the smoothest out of the shaft cars, but it was a royal pain to work on...just change a spur gear or adjust a diff!!! Just tapping a wall with these shaft cars made me crinch due to durability issues.

The Xray is IMHO the easiest car to work on as well as most durable. Again, this is my preference.

Mike
Old 12-27-2004, 09:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by johnbull
What do you honestly think guys on this thread are going to tell you.
You honestly think we are gonna listen to you since you come on here and basically insult us. All the answers up until yours were constructive and pretty much a good compairison. Myself have driven all the car he listed and then some with the exception of the MI2 and I always go back to the Xray because the car is the most durable, easy to drive, and easy to tune. Even Xtreme RC Cars noted that the car is one of the best out there. I don't ever plan to switch from this car ever again. (besides I'm running out of cars to switch to) I my opinion Xray has found the best touring car design. I'm not being biased, I'm being honest.
Old 12-27-2004, 09:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I think your decision on what car to buy comes down to rubber ires or foam tires.

Basically-all the cars-and many of the exotics (RDX, Barracuda, 415, EvoIV, etc...) peform extremely well on rubber tires.

I think you get into a couple more problems indoors on foam tires. ONe-is the indoor tracks are more brutal-causing more breakage. YOu ave fitment issues with wide foam tires (28mm vs 24mm for rubber tires), making ride height, roll centers diifferences, no front diffs or spools-just one-ways. INnner diameter of foma tires is smaller-so have fit issues with upper ballstuds...... The list goes on and on in that respect.

Also-a very big difference is foam/Ozite set-ups are very well established on the TC3 and XXXS-G+. And lately set-ups are starting to emerge for the XRay too. The Pro4 has started to perform well after a year on carpet. It takes time to dial in set-ups for the "other" cars out there when only a handfull of guys who are on the net run them and truly have the ability and knowledge to test set-ups. Look at the TC4-top TC3 drivers have struggled with the TC4 so far-but that wont last long.

Another thing that is interesting-the only car in my opinion thats shaft driven that has an adavnatge over a belt car because its a shaft drive car is the Associated TC3 (4). The CUda, Pro4 and Tamiya EvoIII have no more rip than any belt drive car-in fact-they all almost accelerate smoother than belt cars in my opinion. Smooth being a nice word for slower. This on Carpet mind you. I dont know why this is-maybe only TC# has just the right hardness of material and cut of gear to make the shaft drive thing work. Maybe its there diff case design and hardness that helps. And dont let the free spin trick fool you-the Pro4 and Cuda and Tamiyas shaft drive cars spin faster and longer than the Tc3 right out of the box in a big way-Trust me i know-Ive seen or owned them all.

Last-I truly think that if youve got rubber tire asperations-you can take any of the top of the line cars and be competitive. But for carpet on foams-you need to decide if you want somethng thats established as fast or want to forge your own way.

And rubber tires guys-dontr whine because if you do-youve missed my point. This is no rubber tires vs. foam tires.
Old 12-27-2004, 11:19 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi guys:
Do you know where I can get a set of drive shaft raplacemet plastic caps? I lost one and haven't been able to get it anywhere, part# 30 5240. please help! thanks a lot.

Omar R.
Old 12-27-2004, 11:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quiet,

Try Stormerhobbies.com,they have them in stock.
Old 12-27-2004, 11:43 AM
Tech Adept

Exclamation

Hi guys (and gals)...

Does anyone know where I might be able to get an X-Ray T1FK? I'm looking around for a friend of mine, and we can't find them anywhere (well, that and RC America is closed for the week).

We'd like to get it in a hurry if possible... so if anyone can help, please post!

Thanks!
Old 12-27-2004, 11:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by lucyinthesky
Hi guys (and gals)...

Does anyone know where I might be able to get an X-Ray T1FK? I'm looking around for a friend of mine, and we can't find them anywhere (well, that and RC America is closed for the week).

We'd like to get it in a hurry if possible... so if anyone can help, please post!

Thanks!
Click on the R/C Plus link in my sig, call Ron up. I was there yesterday, he still had 3 on the shelve.

Dom
Old 12-27-2004, 12:08 PM
Tech Adept

Cool... thank you!

Old 12-27-2004, 12:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally posted by Quiet
Hi guys:
Do you know where I can get a set of drive shaft raplacemet plastic caps? I lost one and haven't been able to get it anywhere, part# 30 5240. please help! thanks a lot.

Omar R.
Omar,

Ashford hobbies has just about everything that a person needs for their Xray. Check them out at:

www.ashfordhobby.com/pricing013.htm

Mike
Old 12-27-2004, 12:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Will teamxray.com ever get their e-shop going ro with that link always lead to an advertisement. It would be nice if I could find out if Xray is going to have their own e-shop that will ship to the USA.
Old 12-27-2004, 01:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Greg, you have pm.
Old 12-27-2004, 01:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by Michal101
Omar,

Ashford hobbies has just about everything that a person needs for their Xray. Check them out at:

www.ashfordhobby.com/pricing013.htm

Mike
Thank's for the kind words. Mike. We order till it hurts but I have to say we have some very big holes in our current inventory which I hope R.C. America can fill after the 4th.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.