Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2004, 06:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

I'm going to say yes to this one. I tried installing the carpet tower on my FK with rubber tires and the best ride height I could get was 8mm. I don't know how much lower the Team Tamale spring cups are, but you're going to need something lower than the stock ones.

Rob
Old 12-09-2004, 06:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

right now, you can use other retainer from other cars, like the tamiya, or go with the team tamale one. I have run the carpet tower with rubber tires and I know I definately can get it down to 5mm. but not sure how much lower.

also, if you are tired of the retainer pushing through, team tamale has the standard retainer in aluminum as well. I had this happen to me 3 times and got tired of that so I switched to the aluminum shock retainers.
Old 12-09-2004, 07:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Can't you just cut 3.5mm off the ball end so the stock retainer sits lower? Also put an O-ring on the shaft so the threaded part doesn't go into the shock body?

Just curious, my BMI kit should be coming in by friday. Do you know if the BMI front shock tower is the same as the stock FK or is it like the foam towers?
Old 12-09-2004, 07:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by kidDynomite
Can't you just cut 3.5mm off the ball end so the stock retainer sits lower? Also put an O-ring on the shaft so the threaded part doesn't go into the shock body?

Just curious, my BMI kit should be coming in by friday. Do you know if the BMI front shock tower is the same as the stock FK or is it like the foam towers?
yes, you can make those mods, but had to make a mod that weakens the front end.

hey Ray,

Let me know how you like the parts. I know the c-hub will make it through the day. I would be shocked if you bend one. I have yet to see one bent.
Old 12-09-2004, 08:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

kiddynomite-the BMI front shock tower is 3mm thick and is just slightly higher than the XRay front carpet shock tower-allowing bigger tires than the XRay one. Also-the shock holes are all just a tad more vertical.
Old 12-09-2004, 08:02 AM
Tech Champion

Here are a few quick pics of the Tamale parts I installed last night.

Heres the spring perches-as you can see they are almost touching the arms-so this is as low as you can go. I bet you could use these on TC3 and Losi XXs shock too?? Right Theisgroup? Say if your using the rear shock tower on the front of the TC3??
Attached Thumbnails Xray T1-spring-perches-low.jpg  
Old 12-09-2004, 08:04 AM
Tech Champion

Tamale roll centers pieces.
Attached Thumbnails Xray T1-rollcenter1.jpg  
Old 12-09-2004, 08:05 AM
Tech Champion

And last the caster block. I doesnt look any different than the Xray ones, its pretty light, but the Tamale guys say they dont bend-so thats a big plus!! I ran the Xray alum ones and bent every one of them. I know my buddy ran a set and he said after a few weeks he had 10º caster on the one side it bent so many times

Oh-yeah-look at the shock and see how far down the shock the collar is-and these are 2.28" tires!!
Attached Thumbnails Xray T1-3casterr.jpg  
Old 12-09-2004, 08:08 AM
Tech Elite

hey ray,

I am not sure, because it has been a while since I have run the xray ones. I believe that team tamale c-hubs are marked on the front and the xrays are on teh back of the blocks. But I think he uses the same font.

He also has those piece in purple, for those that like the barney look.

for practice, I actually start my tires at 60mm and can still get 4.5mm on ride height
Old 12-09-2004, 11:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have those Tamale parts on the way for a review for www.rcxotic.com
Old 12-09-2004, 11:24 AM
Tech Elite

Default Blank Xray Setup Sheet

Figured someone could use a blank setup sheet, so here you go...
Attached Thumbnails Xray T1-xray_setup.jpg  
Old 12-09-2004, 01:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by rayhuang
kiddynomite-the BMI front shock tower is 3mm thick and is just slightly higher than the XRay front carpet shock tower-allowing bigger tires than the XRay one. Also-the shock holes are all just a tad more vertical.
Thanks again, Ray! BTW, nice shots. I have the Tamale 3* on one of my cars. They work great! I was setting up my buddies car and his casters were also bent back to 10*.
Old 12-09-2004, 06:41 PM
Tech Elite

Will HPI Pro 4 shocks fit on the Evo 2?-chad
Old 12-10-2004, 04:44 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by raving-monkey
champion!, also, what colour shell do you have..make it a little easier for me to find you

i gave in on the shocks and ordered some tamiya shocks..all my stuff should arrive tomorrow so will fit the xrc chassis, fk front tower and tamiya shocks...should go better on sunday
Hi my shell is blue/yellow and white (based on the Renault F1 colour scheme). What about yours?

I'm not sure about the brushes, i've only been racing in stock for 8 months so i really dont know. The guy who kindly does my motors prefers 4499's in 2 mag monsters, but for quad mag ones i don't know because i've never had one.

Corey Bernardo, RobFo----- LOL australian style thats sounds like it should be in my kamasutra book!!!
to be honest i was thinking more of a Kung Fu style
Old 12-10-2004, 05:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rayhuang
And last the caster block. I doesnt look any different than the Xray ones, its pretty light, but the Tamale guys say they dont bend-so thats a big plus!! I ran the Xray alum ones and bent every one of them. I know my buddy ran a set and he said after a few weeks he had 10º caster on the one side it bent so many times

Oh-yeah-look at the shock and see how far down the shock the collar is-and these are 2.28" tires!!
Ray - Those pieces look nice. Let me know how they work out for you. I find I have a hard time with ride height with the stock spring perches and yes, I have bent 3º Xray alum c-hubs too...it stinks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.