Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2002, 06:56 PM
Tech Adept

Can you put a samll drop of CA on the Plastic Pillow Ball Guides that fit into the 5mm screws that go into the Steering blocks and the rear Blocks?

Yes you can, there will be no ill effect what-so-ever.

Hey all of you X ray owner, have you guys notice that the servo saver is a bit weak?

Yes, some are. You can add a small shim to stiffen it up some. I would say 1-1.5mm thick. The new steering servo saver with dual ackerman positions has a stiffer spring on it already.

would you happen to have the following xray options in stock?

Yes, I have plenty of them.

Buster, let us know when you get in the new shock pistons and I'll get some new O rings at the same time.

OK!

-------------------

Hope I answered everything, If I missed anyones question please forgive me, its been a LONG day!

O yeah, I will keep my servo thoughts to myself! hehehe
Old 02-21-2002, 07:26 PM
Tech Elite

Finally finshed mine

Mike Webb
Old 02-21-2002, 07:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Mike, who tuned that motor you have installed?
Old 02-21-2002, 07:37 PM
Tech Adept

ah, The T1 never fails to be a beautiful work of art!

Great job Mike!
Old 02-21-2002, 07:38 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by RCCadet
Mike, who tuned that motor you have installed?
Looks like a Fantom P2K based motor.
Old 02-21-2002, 07:46 PM
Tech Elite

Buster is correct. It is a Fantom P2K. I love those motors. I would buy Fantoms over the Trinity any day. I don't know why, it just seems really solid more then the Trinity one. Batteries are Promatch 1.14+ SMH and Electronics are Quantum and KO Radio Receiver and 2943 FET Servo.

Mike Webb
Old 02-21-2002, 07:47 PM
Tech Master

Fantom, well the last set of arms I saw at my LHS had splits in the stack. How are the complete motors turning out?
Old 02-21-2002, 07:52 PM
Tech Elite

The motor is great. I have gone through 2 P2K arms, have rezapped the magnets and everything is great. I have a spare P2K2 Arm that I will try out when this one dies out. I have the 4499 brushes in them and red and Green Springs. I have had good success with the 4499 and with Putnams Brushes but I have not used them in a while. I went crazy at the track one night when the 4499 brushes were hard to come by and bought 25 pair .

Mike Webb
Old 02-21-2002, 07:59 PM
Tech Master

I use Lightspeed motors and batteries. If I find a Fantom at the LHS with out a defect, I'll try it. I don't see too many peeps using them anymore.

Last edited by RCCadet; 02-21-2002 at 08:07 PM.
Old 02-21-2002, 08:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by mike_Webb
I have gone through 2 P2K arms, have rezapped the magnets and everything is great. I have a spare P2K2 Arm that I will try out when this one dies out.
Mike Webb
This is maybe a dumb question, but you're sticking a P2K2 arm in a P2K? I thought there was a small departure in the can design. I have not run a P2K2 yet so I dunno.

Furthermore, I thought the new P2K2 arm was most potent with the wider brushes or are the brushes the same as the past types of brushes?
Old 02-21-2002, 08:10 PM
Tech Adept

I am eagerly awaiting the Peak HellFire motors I have ordered to test out. I really hope they are as good as I hope them to be. I would really like to support them, they seem to be a very nice company that stands behind their products.

I have ordered 10 of them just for testing purposes. I would think I could get a good "standard" from 10 motors, I have with the other brands.

If anyone here would like to comment on the TOP based motors please do. Like any "DO NOTS", so I do not do something that is damaging to TOP motors that I do not know about.
Old 02-21-2002, 08:16 PM
Tech Master

I have been waiting for the stock Core to come out. Orion pulled back the release to further develop the motor. It will be interesting to know what additional engineering was done that delayed its release.
Old 02-22-2002, 06:55 AM
Tech Elite

The Only real difference beteween the P2K and the P2K2 is that the armature has a couple less lamminations so the PowerBand is beteween the P2K and the GM3. A little more PRM and a Little Less Torque. It still uses the same brushes but I think that the Brush hood on the P2K2 has that little Copper piece that is suppose to hold the brush more firmly in the brush slot. I know a lot of people that cut that piece off becuase it restricts the brush movement. I think the P2K2 also has newer magnets.

I should mention that putting a P2K2 arm in a P2K can is illegal if racing in a ROAR race. But for Club races they don't mind. When Mimi sold me the Arm I asked her about it and she said that it didn't matter. Just don't use the motor at a ROAR Event. She also said at most races the stock motors are handouts so I had nothing to worry about.

Mike Webb
Old 02-22-2002, 09:08 AM
Tech Elite

Buster-

Can you make it to the BB race on Saturday down in Dumfries? They are having a Big Small Race on saturday at 5 and it looks like a lot of people are going to go. I am going and I think some other X-Ray Drivers may be going.

I might stop by today.

Mike
Old 02-22-2002, 09:36 AM
Tech Master

You know, I might have to step off the straight line and try that arm in another can thingy. I know the guy that won our last race used the trick and had an ill motor.

I am sure our motors will be tech'ed for our series races.

Last edited by RCCadet; 02-23-2002 at 12:32 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.