Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2002, 12:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I still need to come out to Cali and see my boy Damo race at SoCal. I'll bring the 414M but I'm looking at an EVO2. Shhhhh..... don't tell the local Maryland guys.
Old 08-15-2002, 02:07 PM
Tech Elite

Isaac, you mean guys like me????? hehehe I won't tell...
Old 08-15-2002, 03:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted By Damo Clint, pick up the Xray. You will not be sorry. A guy like you will love to drive it. Sorry to hear about all your stuff getting ripped off. Anyhow, I haven't raced electric for a min, but I still run the xray. Trust me, you will not be sorry. The thing with the car is that all the tuning options that someone such as yourself can appreciate are there. You can buy additional options as you may feel necessary (front one way, c-hubs for indoor), but that is about it and even they aren't needed. Well maybe the front one-way. Anyhow, I am confident you would love the xray, especially the evo2. I have had the car since it first came out and only broke one part, bent a hinge pin. For those that race at Socal, you know that this is rare. Never had a problem with anything on the car was able to succesfully tune whatever I felt it needed. Never experienced any tweak( I checked everytime I took the car out on MIP or Xacto). Trus me Clint, all the people I know that have given up the Xray have done so to go to gas, or they were not very good tuners in the first place and gave up on the car.

Damo, just purchased the EVO2 and I race at SO Cal would you mind sharing your setup. By the way is your name Jay Neil or Patrick???? If so I spoke to you a couple of weeks ago at So Cal and purchased the EVO2 soon after.
Old 08-15-2002, 04:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by rcfiend

Damo, just purchased the EVO2 and I race at SO Cal would you mind sharing your setup. By the way is your name Jay Neil or Patrick???? If so I spoke to you a couple of weeks ago at So Cal and purchased the EVO2 soon after.
Haven't picked up the EVO2 yet, but I plan on it. Just looking into gas more these days. Anyhow, my name is Damon. I know Jay I think, and haven't been to Socal in a while, other priorities. Might need to pick up an EVO 2 and go next Thurs.
Old 08-15-2002, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

Damo doing gas! After he got on me for doing it. Yo Damo Trinity Race in MD in January go half on the plane tickets.

Yea Greg guys like you. Seriously after seeing what the thing does in stock I might need to get one.
Old 08-15-2002, 07:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Default C Hub setup for Xray

hi,
i've just added the c hubs for my evo2, but i have one query which i hope someone can enlighten. when setting the front droop using hudy droop gauges, where do i take the measurements from? the setup sheet indicated to take the measurement from the point where the outer hinge pin grub screw is located, but i can't seem to get the desired measurements. i've since taken measurements from the king pin screw location. any feedback is greatly appreciated.
will be trying out the new c hub this sunday.
Old 08-15-2002, 10:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Damo- Thanks for all of the info. I really like all of the tuning feature's the car has and it's looking better and better each time I visit this thread. I still have a ton of Losi spare parts so the car will really have to make me feel like I made the right choice. With every car that I have had, someone at the track had it and I got to drive it and went from there. In this case no one runs the Xray at either track I race at (Ripon and Speedworld) so I don't know what to expect. I drove a Tamiya for the first time and it was dialed in kit form but the car has too much steering entering the corners. If I were to get this car I would know what I would have to do if I purchased one. Are the parts cheap? Even thought people say the car never breaks I still want a few extras. Is sucks that my ride was stolen but hey......things happen and I am now a statistic I will make it up your way one day to race with you. I came semi close in May for the Reedy race at the Tamiya track.

Thanks to everyone that had input on the car. I'm no novice but I sure do have the questions of one
Old 08-16-2002, 05:15 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Stlnst....The parts are the cheapest of any car I have owned. And the best part is that you can buy just 1 lower arm, 1 hub, and 1 upper arm...You dont have to buy a pair. I think that most of those parts are less than 3.00 each retail. Go check out www.teamxray.com and click Eshop.

eric a
Old 08-16-2002, 02:31 PM
Tech Regular

To those of you with the eccentric upper pin mounts, what have you found to work best? What are you using for caster clips in front and behind the arm? I race on a less than smooth track, what would your reccomendations be? Thanks in advance!
Old 08-16-2002, 06:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by EAMotorsports
Stlnst....The parts are the cheapest of any car I have owned. And the best part is that you can buy just 1 lower arm, 1 hub, and 1 upper arm...You dont have to buy a pair. I think that most of those parts are less than 3.00 each retail. Go check out www.teamxray.com and click Eshop.

eric a
Thanks for the info. I will check out the prices after I leave this page.
Old 08-16-2002, 10:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by HYDRAMATIC99
To those of you with the eccentric upper pin mounts, what have you found to work best? What are you using for caster clips in front and behind the arm? I race on a less than smooth track, what would your reccomendations be? Thanks in advance!
Tonight I did some testing with my Mod Foam car, just trying to get ready for the winter season. The track is a large, smooth carpet track. ( www.twincityhobby.com ), I ended up with 3mm in front, and 3mm behind the arm. I've also been running the rear accentric pin mount up, and the front in the middle. This seems to give a little more steering (VS. both up), but I think next week I'll try lowering both one hole (bottom-middle) and hopefully get even more steering.

I'm not really sure how bumps would effect your caster setting, I've never ran on a really rough track to find out. I'd think you'd run a little more caster, to keep the car more stable as the front end is compressed/rebounded by the bumps, but I could be wrong.
Old 08-16-2002, 11:09 PM
Tech Regular

JeffC, thanks for the reply. I should be getting them next week, so I will have to play around with them next Sunday. Thanks for giving me a basic place to start.
Old 08-17-2002, 06:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hi guys

I have been having trouble getting mid to exit corner steering, i have tried a lot of different adjustments, and can get the car very sensitive to initial steering, and change of direction, but whatever i do i cant get the rear end to rotate toward the end of the corner.

We run on a tight concrete track with rubber tires. Any suggestions?
Old 08-17-2002, 10:04 PM
Tech Adept

Besercoe, Have you tried slowly tightening your rear diff a little at a time? A tighter rear diff will allow the rear end to break traction faster when exiting a corner, allowing the rear to drift more evenly with the front. Just try a little at a time, until you go to far, and then you will have a basis to adjust from.

I assume you are not using the C-hub style suspension?
Old 08-17-2002, 10:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Soon....very soon my EVO2 and C-Block conversion will arrive....can't wait.

Did everyone get their stickers and flyer in the mail? That was a nice treat last week.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.