Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2003, 12:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Post New Xray 2003

I saw a newest Xray prototype our club this evening, when i was testing new parts for my Xray
Old 01-04-2003, 03:05 PM
kk
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Thanks for all the info. I bought the Xray last night without much hesitation...kk
Old 01-04-2003, 04:18 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Re: New Xray 2003

Originally posted by Proto pilot
I saw a newest Xray prototype our club this evening, when i was testing new parts for my Xray
proto

tell us more about it
Old 01-04-2003, 07:49 PM
Tech Adept

It should be in the states in about 3 weeks. I heard all about it but not sure what I can or can't say so I will keep my trap shut

Chris
Old 01-05-2003, 03:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Unhappy Shhhhhhhh...

Sorry Porsche, i know this is not fare to all of you, but i promised to Teppo at i don`t tell anything about new proto version. What everybody know (i think?) about that car, it is composite chassis with some plastic, carbon...etc. parts...it`s not ready yet, i think... and some changes will make when it will come to world wide market. Our club track is very famous among some hot drivers... like Teppo, Timo, Juho, Teemu etc... It was nice to test my own T1 parts in sametime at the track against Timo Rinne too Juho Levänen was really fast as usually with his TC3. He just went away, when we drove... superfast
Old 01-05-2003, 11:04 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Shhhhhhhh...

Originally posted by Proto pilot
Sorry Porsche, i know this is not fare to all of you, but i promised to Teppo at i don`t tell anything about new proto version. What everybody know (i think?) about that car, it is composite chassis with some plastic, carbon...etc. parts...it`s not ready yet, i think... and some changes will make when it will come to world wide market. Our club track is very famous among some hot drivers... like Teppo, Timo, Juho, Teemu etc... It was nice to test my own T1 parts in sametime at the track against Timo Rinne too Juho Levänen was really fast as usually with his TC3. He just went away, when we drove... superfast
There is some word here in the states of a new Xray car with a composite tub with upper support brace. The C-hub will also be composite graphite along with most of the parts. Those of you interested in getting the C-hub conversion might want to wait for the new parts to come out. There is also word that the new car is a sport version of the Xray.
Old 01-05-2003, 01:03 PM
Tech Adept

Default tips...

I drove at a race this weekend, and my rear end(on the car) was sort of "jumping" or skipping in the turns. The tires was the same as everyone else, but no one else had the same problem.. My car didn`t really have that much traction, but it "skipped" anyway. Maybe a swaybar in the rear would work? Tips are appreciated.
(I was running 40wt oil in all dampers-associated`s, with the old T1 springs: yeallow in the rear, and white in the front. Shocks were in the most verticalposition in front, and the second most vertical in the rear. The car is a evo2, with the batteries in the rear, and a one-way and semiflex-plate)
thank you

Last edited by miniman; 01-05-2003 at 01:07 PM.
Old 01-05-2003, 01:22 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: tips...

Originally posted by miniman
I drove at a race this weekend, and my rear end(on the car) was sort of "jumping" or skipping in the turns. The tires was the same as everyone else, but no one else had the same problem.. My car didn`t really have that much traction, but it "skipped" anyway. Maybe a swaybar in the rear would work? Tips are appreciated.
(I was running 40wt oil in all dampers-associated`s, with the old T1 springs: yeallow in the rear, and white in the front. Shocks were in the most verticalposition in front, and the second most vertical in the rear. The car is a evo2, with the batteries in the rear, and a one-way and semiflex-plate)
thank you
Difficult to tell. Are you driving on asphalt or carpet? Is your rear differential actually working? Usually chattering or skipping in the rear may be the result of the rear diff not working properly, angles on the universals off, or not enough grease on the universals. And in rare cases, divets in the outdrive. More than likely the diff is the cause. Make sure the entire drive train is smooth with no seized bearings, and let us know.
Old 01-05-2003, 01:45 PM
Tech Adept

hi,
It was my tires that were sort of "jumping" or skipping when turning. They sort of loose traction when turning by "jumping" sideways. Sounds funny.. Sorry for not pointing that out clearly.

Last edited by miniman; 01-05-2003 at 01:47 PM.
Old 01-05-2003, 02:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Unhappy

No Xray driver showed up for the Silver City Shootout

I talked to ralph burch multiple times and he said that he would be coming down with other drivers, but no one showed up! Was it the novak race next weekend that kept everyone away or what?

I am kinda disapointed after factory guys said they would show and none did, AE, losi even schumacher were able to send people...
Old 01-05-2003, 03:19 PM
Tech Master

stormperson,

that stinks. who showed up from ae and shumacher? i wanted to go this week but goin to madness next week. what car did you run?

what are some of the popular xray spring sets you guys are using on carpet. i have been using associated spring but am going to order some xray sets for comparison to other setups, but there are alot of different sets out there.
Old 01-05-2003, 05:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Stormperson,

You answered your own question, the Novak race is what they held out for. I spoke with Ron Atomic and got to watch him prepare for the Novak race. Look out for Ron and Toastie at the Snowbirds! Damn Toasty was on fire this past weekend at Hobbies X-treme.

I saw cool mods on both Toasty's and Ron's cars, especially Ron's front roll center mod. I had to bum a rear roll center mod from Ron because I broke mine from slamming in the boards.

Last edited by RCCadet; 01-05-2003 at 06:17 PM.
Old 01-05-2003, 05:49 PM
Tech Master

Yes, i realize that they needed to prepare for the Novak race, but its not like Xray only has one driver, they have quite a few members. Other teams were able to send a driver or more (AE sent Dumas, Desrosies (sp), Henderson, Losi send Francis, etc..)

I think that Xray could of spared at least one driver, and they could of also at least said that they were not going to come instead of not showing up after they said that they would.

Although to be honest it bothers me less now that i have been focusing on 12th scale and will be returning to my tc3 for sedan (we normally just run stock, and the track is so high speed that while the car doesnt handle as well the speed in a straight line makes up for it)
Old 01-05-2003, 06:23 PM
Tech Master

I don't know about them committing to that Silver City race, Ron never mentioned it. All he mentioned to me was the Novak race and Snowbird.
Old 01-05-2003, 06:30 PM
Tech Master

NFE, how did you like Mod today?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.