Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2002, 07:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

CVD Bones too short??

Anyone can help pls...

I just bought & assembled an Xray Evo2 and when I was setting the width to 190 mm (pivot ball suspension) I noticed that the pin of the CVD bones was a only few mm from the tip of the outdrives, both front n rear. I initially thought that I make a mistake in my width (200 instead of 190) but when i rechecked it it was correct. Is this really the case? For those of you who ran PB suspension at 190mm width, did you encountered this problem? were there any problems when u ran the car (bones dislodging from the outdrives) especially during races?

Your valuable comments pls.....Thanks!
Old 12-26-2002, 07:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

kulasracing- i talked to ralph burch a few months ago and he said that the xray team would be showing up, although for the most part they will be the only factory there.

Its my home track and i did run an Xray Evo 2 for a few months at the beginning of the season, and ran plaids and purples. As far as set up here are some jump starts:
-the ozite is over concrete, not plywood like at madness or most tracks, so there is less traction. Its also a pretty big track (if you go to www.bigboystoyshobbies.com you can see a pic of it, and of course the layout will be different).

I found personally that i ran a much stiffer set up than the xray guys or at least when i talked to ralph and his octoberfast set up, and normal carpet set ups. But then again i never really found an ideal set up for the track, lol.

If you can come down this sunday, racing starts at noon and its free. We have a pretty good stock sedan class with a few heats and some very fast drivers.

Although no one is currently running an xray on a weekly basis right now some people do show up from time to time with them, and i would be more than willing to help you out.
Old 12-26-2002, 11:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Re: Ragman

Originally posted by elnitro
Ragman,
Actually you are not amusing. It just made you look like an idiot. This thread is a cool place to share tips and info on Xrays, please don't muck it up with your non-sense.
That is kind of rude! It is a fact with some of the blue shielded bearings the shields have come off during use. TeamXRAY is working to resolve the issue.

Ragman, I got the joke.
Old 12-27-2002, 06:43 AM
Tech Initiate

Cheers RCCadet, I'm glad someone else in this world has a sense of humour!!

elnitro, IT WAS A JOKE. I drive for Xray, you think I'm going to slate them. The whole seal falling out issue is something that I think has been blown WAY out of proportion, they just push back in with no harm done. I've had it happen to me and it's no big deal. So please be chilled my fellow Xray man and enjoy the rest of your hols.

Love and peace

//Stu
Old 12-27-2002, 03:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Default M8 setting for T1

I have the original xray t1 with ko servo and m8 radio.

Can anyone share what radios settings are optimal
for the xray? dualrate,expo,etc....

thanks!
Old 12-27-2002, 08:17 PM
Tech Regular

Default JOKE?

RCCadet and Ragman,
Pardon me if I didn't get the JOKE. But for someone who drives for Xray, you are doing them a great disservice with your comment, JOKE or not. Maybe not all of us experience the blue shield falling off that is why I did not get the JOKE. However, regular non-sponsored Joes like me have to pay retail or street price for our stuff, so keeping it running in top shape to avoid spending more on parts is NO JOKE.

Thanks to RC Nitro for the tip, it worked.
Old 12-28-2002, 12:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

What ever! I think more damage was done calling someone an idiot than to point out (joke about) an issue with the bearings. Water under the bridge, lets move on.
Old 12-28-2002, 08:59 AM
Tech Master

Default RC Nitro,

After reading your post about the bearings, I found a tool at Radioshack, actually it is a set of "tools" for $2 that can do the job easier. It looks like the instrument the dentist use to clean your teeth. They are made of stainless steel to boot. One has a straight needle tip, one curved needle, I can't remember about the other two. They've got a long handle like an Xacto knife. Not bad for 2 bucks.
Old 12-28-2002, 10:17 AM
Tech Initiate

elnitro, I see that I've upset you so apologies.

If the shield problem had given me any trouble I wouldn't have posted what I did but when mine shields came out I just pushed them back in and my car was in no way damaged by these shields. The intention of the joke was to take a pop at the people who claimed that a little blue shield falling out, which makes absolutely no difference, had ruined their run/race/life and that they were going to sue Xray for the emotional distress of it all.

This is a HOBBY, we do it for FUN. Please remember this.

p.s. I think Xray would actually thank me for realising that it's not the end of the world and for trying to tell people as such.

//Stu
Old 12-28-2002, 06:18 PM
Tech Regular

Default .

Ragman,
It's all cool.
Old 12-30-2002, 09:17 PM
Tech Regular

forty6, thanks, I will go look for the dental tools! Beats this pin any day.
Old 12-31-2002, 07:00 AM
Tech Regular

Hey Ragman, I laughed my ass off and I have 3 X-Rays. It`s not a shot a X-Ray especially when the problems heavilly posted on their own website. Some people just need to lighten up a bit.
Old 12-31-2002, 06:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Happy new year x-ray drivers all round the world. Rick
Old 12-31-2002, 07:21 PM
Tech Elite

Good luck Xray drivers on this upcoming race season.
Old 12-31-2002, 09:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hello X-ray racers,

We are looking into possibly adding the X-Ray line to our product line next year And I would like to hear some feedback from all of you if you guys don't mind.

Where are you guys currently ordering your spare and hop-ups for your X-ray from? and are you happy with their service?

Would you guys like to see Speed Tech R/C carrying the x-ray line in 2003?

Thank you all for your time, and Happy New Year!!!

Sincerely,

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C
www.speedtechrc.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.