Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2003, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I got an X-ray now! RCcadet come on down for some great racing!
Old 01-10-2003, 09:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I will Pit, but it will be after the carpet race on the 25th. Is there any racing this weekend?
Old 01-10-2003, 09:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

Just question to you Xray guys. Have anyone tried new front solid axle and center one in race with T1??? I`m courius to know is it faster than one-way or...? I have been so busy lately at no time to race at all
Old 01-10-2003, 10:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Proto pilot
Just question to you Xray guys. Have anyone tried new front solid axle and center one in race with T1??? I`m courius to know is it faster than one-way or...? I have been so busy lately at no time to race at all
I ran the solid front axel out here and I have discovered that it is dependent on the track. SoCal raceway is very technical and very high grip. The solid axel didn't perform as well as the one-way because of the technical track. Outdoors with more sweeping corners, and with less traction, the solid axel works better. The solid shaft is very nice. I don't notice a difference between that and the stock unit, but the solid shaft has less rotating mass, causing the drive train to spool up faster.
Old 01-11-2003, 05:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Roll Center

I have the rear roll center bridge, and I am getting ready to order the eccentric front pivot holder, but I was wondering if there is any other options/ mods to adjust the roll center. I would like to raise the lower arms so that they are level at ride height, but I am not sure that I want to drill another hole in the bulkheads.
Old 01-11-2003, 09:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Roll Center

I just saw the Evo 2 bulk heads and saw the extra hole for the rear arms. I guess I just need to get the new bulkheads.
Old 01-11-2003, 11:55 PM
Tech Master

Yeah, the new rear bulkheads have that extra hole but for the front you will need to drill the holes. Drilling the front bulkheads is a c-hub thing but not necessary.
Old 01-12-2003, 08:57 AM
Tech Regular

Here is the sinario.

While waiting for next qualifier,all my buds(who don't own an X-ray)came up to me(while I was staring at it trying to figue out what I did wrong with set up) and was checking out me car.They said your diff.in the front feels too loose and the diff. in rear is allso.So being that they placed better than me I took there advice.(it did not do any good it made the car harder to drive)

Any way,after the very bad day at racing.I began studing the car to see what was wrong.Well the rear if the car was too tight and the front was locked or pinned (as some people say).Ok figuered it out time to tear it apart and clean it and further inspect it.Well every thing looked good but the front diff felt gritty.(HUMMM)Take it apart find out what is wrong.Nothing to be seen.Asume that it has to be the balls and or rings.I get new ones and still gritty feeling.

So instead of asuming I though I would get comstructive comments and advice.I'm leaning tward the thrust balls and washers having flat spots on it due to the diff being pinned.What do you guys think.

Sorry bout the long explaination.It's the only way I can get you guys to understand the sinario.
Old 01-12-2003, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Here is the sinario.

Originally posted by littledog
While waiting for next qualifier,all my buds(who don't own an X-ray)came up to me(while I was staring at it trying to figue out what I did wrong with set up) and was checking out me car.They said your diff.in the front feels too loose and the diff. in rear is allso.So being that they placed better than me I took there advice.(it did not do any good it made the car harder to drive)

Any way,after the very bad day at racing.I began studing the car to see what was wrong.Well the rear if the car was too tight and the front was locked or pinned (as some people say).Ok figuered it out time to tear it apart and clean it and further inspect it.Well every thing looked good but the front diff felt gritty.(HUMMM)Take it apart find out what is wrong.Nothing to be seen.Asume that it has to be the balls and or rings.I get new ones and still gritty feeling.

So instead of asuming I though I would get comstructive comments and advice.I'm leaning tward the thrust balls and washers having flat spots on it due to the diff being pinned.What do you guys think.

Sorry bout the long explaination.It's the only way I can get you guys to understand the sinario.
If you remember in the directions, it says to tighten the diff down very little at a time to prevent pitting or indenting the diff rings. Since you pinned the front diff, and almost the rear diff, you quite possible caused the rings to become pitted with the indentations of the diff balls. So when you test the diff, you feel an uneven or even a gritty feel due to the pits. My recommendation is to replace the large diff rings and diff balls and follow the directions for reassembly. Furthermore, you drive a different car than your racing buddies whos car are much different in set up. What may work for them, may not be so for the Xray. Good luck.
Old 01-12-2003, 04:59 PM
Tech Elite

Looks like an Xray came in third at the touring car champs!
Old 01-12-2003, 07:19 PM
Tech Regular

Ok I replaced the diff rings and the diff balls allready and still no luck.Any other ideas?and I do remember what the instructions say,but when in a pinch you CAN mess up.I know plenty who have done that.

Last edited by littledog; 01-12-2003 at 07:29 PM.
Old 01-12-2003, 10:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by littledog
Ok I replaced the diff rings and the diff balls allready and still no luck.Any other ideas?and I do remember what the instructions say,but when in a pinch you CAN mess up.I know plenty who have done that.
Check your bearings. The two in both outdrives, and the four in the hubs (both sides). I've discovered that sometimes the blue seal pops off exposing the bearing racings. Without a seal, dirt can enter causing a gritty feel, and eventually complete seizure.
Old 01-12-2003, 10:22 PM
Tech Master

Littledog :: Did you mention checking the thrust balls? If so what did you find?
Old 01-15-2003, 07:58 AM
Tech Regular

Has any of the T1 owners switched to the dual ackerman servo saver?
Old 01-15-2003, 09:30 AM
Tech Adept

I just switched mine over to the dual ackerman servo saver on my T1. I haven't had a chance to race it yet though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.