Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2002, 10:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I ran a locked diff Saturday and it seems I went through two (the front two) plastic caps. The same occurs where the plastic cap could receive a cut from the edge of the outdrive during compression of the suspension.

I had to file the outdrive to free the bulkhead bearing. I think I will file that edge off a bit.

Last edited by RCCadet; 09-30-2002 at 01:22 PM.
Old 09-30-2002, 10:29 AM
Tech Initiate

I have a question for some of you guys. I have the most of the parts of the hudy setup system minus the board. I also have a dial caliper that can read up to 150mm. How can I make sure the width is the same from center line of the chassis? Can I do that with the caliper I have? Also I ordered the front aluminum eccentric holders for the xray.....I remember reading somewhere what it does IT just offered another tuning option for the car. I hope to be able to finally get this thing on the carpet soon though....
Old 09-30-2002, 11:56 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

If you have a setup board (or Hudy setup sticker) with a centreline marking plus the width markings, it is quite easy. You'll find a small hole in the front and back of the chassis, this is for the balancing tool. I normally just press the chassis onto the board, line up the centreline with the small hole (look through from the top)....let go so the car rests on the springs...then read left and read right hand width markings.
Old 09-30-2002, 12:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I usually set my width the same way as dtm, but I think you could do it with a caliper as well. Put one of the jaws into the center balancing hole, and extend it until the other jaw is at the outer edge of the pivot ball maybe. That should give 1/2 the total width (minus what the rim sticks out) just do that on both sides and adjust it so it's the same on left and right.
Old 09-30-2002, 12:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Cool Twister, I will not be running the Xray that day because I do not have it close to setup i would like. I will be running the TC3 because I am doing Foam stock with that car for Oktoberfast and Cleveland.
Old 09-30-2002, 02:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

TWISTER ALERT

OCT 20 is the race day
my bad
we race on sundays,3 quals with resorts and a main
Old 09-30-2002, 05:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

stormperson, i race at casco bay hobby in windham Maine and Rc madness in Enfield Connecticut. btw im going to give the whites a try as well as heavier oil, im eventually going to get the xray spring kit, but for now ill use the associateds. i forgot to add my chassis seemed tweaked, it was pushing bad on the left handers, and loose on the right handers. i did the exacto trick and it was definatly tweaked so i adjusted then ran it but still felt tweaked. then after i loosned the upper deck screw whileo on a flat surface and resnugged, but need to order a tweak station. what do you guys have for set ups for carpet on your evo2s

Last edited by Jarrod Langlois; 09-30-2002 at 05:49 PM.
Old 09-30-2002, 09:53 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Help:

I just recently purchased the new 6 cell chassis and battery strap 'cause we are having a electic endurance race here and saddle packs are going to be too much time to change...

Anyway, I cant figure out what holes to put the battery holder in...the new chassis looks like swiss cheese...the battery holder must go at a angle, 'cause it is much longer than the 6 cells...

Anyone???? What are the mounting holes???
Old 10-01-2002, 03:49 AM
Tech Master

i run at Big Boys Boys in Taunton, MA, we actually have a triple crown race this year (instead of madness having it).

make sure to get the stiffer upper deck for the evo 2. the car flexes very bad on carpet, worse then schui's.
Old 10-01-2002, 04:04 AM
Tech Regular

HobbytownRacer: Congrtats on the run. Went through the "let me drive!" deal with my T1, everyone else here runs TC3's.

Durability: I have had very little breakage. I seem to hit the same post on the low side of the track and this breaks parts. Since April, I have broke a shock shaft end plastic, ball cup on the rear C-Hub and Sat I broke the rear p-ball arm & upper transponder mount. I have broke 5 times this in my TC3. With all the impacts on the car, this is a testimate on how well the car is made!

Stormperson: Tried the T1 deck? This is solid deck.
Old 10-01-2002, 09:56 AM
Tech Master

stormperson, ya i was going to do the january jam at rc madness this winter but that same weekend is the triple crown race at taunton so i may just go to taunton instead that weekend, well if i do i hope to see ya there
Old 10-01-2002, 02:01 PM
Tech Master

ya, chris (who owns madness) has had a real hard time orginizing dates with us. we actually moved the regionals a few times but he still ended up having the opening of his outdoor season the same weekend...
anyway, we have a huge carpet track, like twice the size of madness's. if you go to bigboystoysracing.com and click on indoor track you can check it out.

i got the orginal full deck but it actually doesnt fit since you need to made a slit in it for the notch on the plastic thingie. although i tried actually putting itontop of the other one, and there is still some flex, although alot less, but considerably more than my tc3, which is obviously not good when you are running carpet.
Old 10-01-2002, 02:01 PM
Tech Master

ya, chris (who owns madness) has had a real hard time orginizing dates with us. we actually moved the regionals a few times but he still ended up having the opening of his outdoor season the same weekend...
anyway, we have a huge carpet track, like twice the size of madness's. if you go to bigboystoysracing.com and click on indoor track you can check it out.

i got the orginal full deck but it actually doesnt fit since you need to made a slit in it for the notch on the plastic thingie. although i tried actually putting itontop of the other one, and there is still some flex, although alot less, but considerably more than my tc3, which is obviously not good when you are running carpet.
Old 10-01-2002, 05:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

TO ALL EVO DRIVER'S- Have you guys tried running your packs all to one side yet? The reason why I'm asking is because Xray offered this option but I haven't seen anyone using it yet. Is it because all Evo owners had the original T1 and their packs are already split or is the split position the better overall feel? Any info that you guys can give me will be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-01-2002, 06:16 PM
Tech Master

ya ive heard good things about your track, i was going to go down there last year for the region 1 champs with a couple of guys but decided not to. but ill definatly make a couple of trips down there this winter, when does carpet racing racing start with you guys.

Last edited by Jarrod Langlois; 10-01-2002 at 06:19 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.