Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2002, 06:46 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by RC Nitro
dtm: Your not along with the cracked arms. I read your post and inspected my arms closer. 1 is cracked bad and another is starting. Only had the C-Hub for 6 weeks. I did take a Hard hit in the final saturday . Ordered new arms from Buster today.
I hope Mario is reading this.......?????

I'm trying out a mod to the arms.....and they seem to be working .......so far (touch wood!)!!! Just using a small piece of fibreglass board....the type you find for PCBs in electronics shop and contact adhesive to glue it on.....will post pics later!
Old 09-04-2002, 07:13 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Default Reinforced A Arm

Heres one I made earlier..........

The tire glue seems to hold up well.

I'm also running a set screw in the hole as well.

....just realised....I said contact adhesive....I'm actually using tire glue!!!
Attached Thumbnails Xray T1-arm.jpg  

Last edited by dtm; 09-04-2002 at 07:16 AM.
Old 09-04-2002, 07:14 AM
Tech Regular

Thats a shock to see him leave, I thought he was going to be around forever.
Old 09-05-2002, 08:02 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Xray on carpet

Just bought a new 1st gen xray @ a good price with the hopes of running on the local carpet track this fall/winter season. From the posts I've seen, it seems that the xray is questionable on carpet. Is this true? Will I be better off sticking with my tc3? Any carpet set-ups would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 09-05-2002, 09:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Good place to find info Matrix Boy! hahah hey I think that lazer was closed last weekend. But I will be racing there the next two weekends I may race at riders this weekend cause its a trophy race I may not sure if im gonna.

Sorry dont have any set-ups for ya but it cant be that bad on carpet it won the carpet nationals in stock! just gotta work at it. document what you do and practice.

hope to see you racing this weekend
later
Old 09-05-2002, 09:20 AM
Tech Regular

I ran my X-Ray box stock on carpet. Runs good. I am a tad lose in the rear and have dropped camber to -1 front and -2.5 rear. With pillow ball. I just installed C-Hub, this adds a lot of front steering ~ 12 degrees and the rear add also. I had to dial out the rear on the radio as I had to much. Will probably convert back to rear pillow ball in next 2 weeks. Car is way better than my TC3! I let one of the better drivers, won A main last 2 weeks running, drive my X-Ray. He wants one! Talking to track owner to order him one. He has 3 TC3's........
Old 09-05-2002, 12:41 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Thanks

RandyB: Good to see ya!! I may try to get up to Lazer this weekend, let me know when you are going. I really wanna run the xray..it's cool! c ya

RCNitro: Thanks for the info! Just got a little discouraged 'cause I don't know a single person running the xray in my area (toledo, Ohio) The NW Ohio scene is all HPI, or TC3's. I got a TC3 and I like it but wanted something different. No one stocks parts for the xray so I must special order or Internet it.
Old 09-05-2002, 12:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

fyi
did you see the new associated buggy
http://www.radiocontrolzone.com/foru...threadid=95322
Old 09-05-2002, 09:30 PM
Tech Addict

Its funny in this forum how people ask questions like - Is the Xray good on carpet? or how does the Xray compare to a TC3. Fact is the majority of todays touring cars are so similar in performance that almost any tourer is fast in the right hands. I know in NZ the fast guys run TC3's, Losi's, Xrays, Yokomos, Tamiyas, Kyosho's, and HPI touring cars. All have many adjustments so can be made to work on any surface.

Some of you must have very little experience in racing RC's to make those comments.

CYA

Last edited by ixlr8nz; 09-05-2002 at 09:33 PM.
Old 09-05-2002, 09:56 PM
Tech Regular

Welcome to the real world..............
Old 09-06-2002, 03:16 AM
Tech Regular

Matrix:
There are a total of 3 X-Ray's in my area 50 radius. One guy does not run anymore due to school. The other I meet last weekend. I got tired of running the TC3, did not suit my driving style. I did not run the X-Ray as the track is an oval with hard plywood walls. In the center we us some type of PVC barriers to setup the section for touring cars. The hard part is the transistion from banked oval to flat then a 180 turn. Those hard walls are tough on the car If you have never run carpet, beware carpet has LOTS of traction. I learned this the hard way In general the X-Ray is a better car and I have broke less parts with this one than the TC3. Saving my $$ now for an EV2
Old 09-06-2002, 07:53 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by ixlr8nz
Its funny in this forum how people ask questions like - Is the Xray good on carpet? or how does the Xray compare to a TC3. Fact is the majority of todays touring cars are so similar in performance that almost any tourer is fast in the right hands. I know in NZ the fast guys run TC3's, Losi's, Xrays, Yokomos, Tamiyas, Kyosho's, and HPI touring cars. All have many adjustments so can be made to work on any surface.

Some of you must have very little experience in racing RC's to make those comments.

CYA
Correct!! Some of us DO have very little experience and as a beginner I rely on these forums for great info. If these forums are for experts only, this hobby will continue to die a slow, painfull death!! Friendly replies to beginer's questions are, in my opinion, one of the great advantages of these boards! I'm new and I want to be competative, so I ask questions. I have 3 cars and you are correct, thay are all good. The sooner I'm skillful enough to compete with these tools, the better.
Old 09-06-2002, 08:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

matrixXRS :: Don't worry about it.....you will always have someone a pixel short of a full screen pop off here.
Old 09-06-2002, 09:53 AM
Tech Regular

Does it really matter? If your having fun is that what counts? geshhhhhhhhh too many people are talking this hobby way to serious(sp). Ease up!
Old 09-06-2002, 01:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Its true we have all been newbs and some point. I bought, or at least ordered my evo 2 to try something different this year. I only run on carpet and I did have a wicked carpet setup on my tc3. So I'm hoping with a few practice days at the track I can get a real dialed setup on my xray so I can see what the differences are in the chassis and handling dynamics of the two. I do this for fun and it will be fun to try and figure out a setup and get to the point I was last season with my associated.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.