Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 11:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

+1
Old 12-26-2009, 02:57 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Benzaah
Ive only ever bought second hand Xrays and have never built one new. I've got a Question about bearing's and a new kit. It says in the manual to oil all the bearings before install. Are people taking out the blue seals and oiling them that way or just giving them a light smear and in they go? Also, does anyone rebuild the diff from factory? Or just install that and away you go?
Just put a drop of light quality oil on each bearing and it will work its way in, and always rebuild the new diff as it will only have a tiny amount if any grease in it. When I took my new diff apart I couldn't see any grease at all !!
Old 12-26-2009, 04:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Benzaah
Ive only ever bought second hand Xrays and have never built one new. I've got a Question about bearing's and a new kit. It says in the manual to oil all the bearings before install. Are people taking out the blue seals and oiling them that way or just giving them a light smear and in they go? Also, does anyone rebuild the diff from factory? Or just install that and away you go?
Let some oil soak through as others have mentioned.

I don't rebuild the diff from new, just adjust it carefully and run it.
However, once it needs a rebuild I will then avoid using Xray diff lube as it's too thin, it's one step away from water. I use Asociated Diff Lube on my dry car diff's and Schumacher diff lube on my wet car diff's.

Skiddins
Old 12-27-2009, 08:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Skiddins
are you still suffering with grip roll ???

try thicker oil and a higher roll centre

let me know how you get on
Old 12-27-2009, 11:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Pinion gear

Hi I just ordered a Xray T3 Rubber Spec and was wondering what pinion gear I should get. I will be using a Tekin RS ESC with the 13.5 redline motor. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Steve
Old 12-27-2009, 01:44 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ChevyRacing09
Hi I just ordered a Xray T3 Rubber Spec and was wondering what pinion gear I should get. I will be using a Tekin RS ESC with the 13.5 redline motor. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Steve
gearing depends on allot of factors but roughly with the 13.5 they seem to be from 5 to 6.5 depending on track size, amount of timing, boost etc etc

so the pinions are from about 25 to 31t
Old 12-27-2009, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sidecarphil1
are you still suffering with grip roll ???

try thicker oil and a higher roll centre

let me know how you get on
I haven't run since, yet.

Will be racing on the same high grip tyres on the 3rd Jan
Old 12-27-2009, 04:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Thanks for the bearing advice guys. I am ordering a new kit any day as my tired old 008 is on its last legs.

Talking about shock building, I never use a pump of any kind but i do go through a bit of extra oil the way i build. I open the shocks and turn them upside down to let all the old oil drain out. Some ppl go to all sorts of lengths to clean and dismantle the shocks but i think this is a waste of time unless something is binding, broken or you have an extreme mess inside the shock and its very dirty.

I will fill the shock with new oil and with the shock open, pump it a few times to get the oil frothing with any bubbles that are there. I let it sit for about 5 minutes and I then empty the shock almost all the way. This usually gets most of the bubbles out and leaves a small amount of oil in the shock which i then refill. i then let them sit for a good half hour or so to let any remaining bubbles rise. I then test the shock by gently pushing the shaft up and down. If there are still more bubbles then i will gently tip out the top section of oil and top up again.

Once this has settled i then pop the caps on all the shocks and tighten them up about half way. I then push the shock shaft all the way up making sure not to let it fall back and suck in air. A little oil will spill out the vent cap on the side and while holding the shock shaft all the way up, tighten up the shock fully and in the process some more oil will spill out. This is messy and probably the most annoying part of my build but a small rag about an inch wide catches the mess a lot. I find with this oil leaking out the top any small bubbles that are left over go with it.

I then undo the bottom cap to bleed that way. I have found that if you unscrew the bottom cap and then push the cap and the bottom o ring back to the shock body so it is nearly ready to put back on that no air bleeds back into the shock. I then pump however many pumps to get the right rebound(normally 50%) and then tighten back up and away you go.

The only time i need to refill is if too much oil leaks when putting the cap on but you get the hang of how loose to have the cap and how much oil to have in the shock. After a few builds you'll get the hang of this and it becomes easy i think. I get 2 or 3 meets before i need to redo my shocks and have been doing it this way all year with no hassles.
Old 12-28-2009, 05:19 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi peeps.

I've sold my cyclone and have a T3 now:-)

does anyone have some set-up advice for the car on a slippy wooden floor, small tight track thanks?

also what pinions should I get to try out for it. I'm running a Tekin Rs Pro with a ballistic 13.5 turn motor.

Cheers
Old 12-28-2009, 02:09 PM
Tech Rookie

anyone
Old 12-28-2009, 02:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jackdaniels
anyone

Here's some set up sheets for the T3

http://forum.teamxray.com/xsheets.php
Old 12-29-2009, 04:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default sxxx tcspec prob

Just built t3, putting in elec , manual on speedy says hold set button 3 sec blue lite will flash to start set up , my blue lite stays solid and speedy will not set up all the other mode lites seem to be working , everthing new ,hacker 17.5 motor, radio new , sxxx tc spec new,can anyone help
Old 12-29-2009, 09:02 AM
Tech Regular

Try to do the set up if the light was flashing, some speedos had problem with the light.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

So I've raced a few times with my T3 now. I feel guilty. It's so easy to drive and so fast I feel like I'm cheating. Glad I finally went with an Xray but feel like a dumbass for waiting so long to do it.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:07 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by or8ital
So I've raced a few times with my T3 now. I feel guilty. It's so easy to drive and so fast I feel like I'm cheating. Glad I finally went with an Xray but feel like a dumbass for waiting so long to do it.
+1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.