Wiki Posts
Search

XRAY T3

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 05:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by shesha
Hi guys...

Am havin some serious problem planting the rear end on my new T3, am not a newbie when it comes to electric onroad cars, just have been out of it for a longtime and need some input on my setup.

Here is the setup
http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...=1704&setup=t3

Problem am facing is off power the rear end slides out too soon, uncontrollable, and some sweeping corners if I power at mid corner am loosing traction to sometimes a complete spin out.

Now I have the chassis checked flat on the setup board for any tweaks, all shock shafts are straight no damage.

No binding in the mechanics of the car whatsoever, this is a new car and built correctly.

Having tested another body today showed a little improvement an am talking about 5% at the most compared to the team titan blitz altis body.

Another friend of mine is driving a T2 09 spec and has a similar setup, but he likes to have the tail wipe round the corners for his driving style more of a point and shoot drive.

This is his setup http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...0&setup=t2_008

Am more of power round the corners with good grip to the limit of the car and slightly back of if i feel the car is about to break traction but am not there yet in terms of traction on the rear end.

Am guessing the rear diff could be the issue.

Have the car put on tweak station also to check all good there.

Am running a Speed passion motor 4.5T with a GT2.0 ESC punch on 2 timing on full, drag brake on 10% main brakes 75%

Anyone care to shed me some light on this issue.

Thanks
Perhaps;

Remove rear pillars, bit more droop, i.e. 6-5 or even 5-4

Maybe softer front springs. The harder springs might be making the front end hook too much.
Remove some of the steering lock, down to 75% instead of using full lock.
Certainly add rear upper shims, to 3 or 4mm.

Stop trying to copy the 009 setup exactly, the suspension geometry, particularly the rear is different. 4mm on the T3 is almost the same as 2mm on the 009 as the rear upper link mounts higher on the inside on the T3.

Put both cars side by side and look at the back and you will see what I mean.

Skiddins
Old 08-09-2010, 12:24 PM
Tech Adept

Hi everyone,

I am completely new to lectric touring cars.
So could someone please help with rollout/gearing please ?

I am ordering my T3 and i would race it with Sorex 36 rubber tyres, Speed passion 10,5 en GM genius 120 on an asphalt track.

Standard in the kit, there is a 48dp 84 tooth spur.

Could someone please tell me wich motor pinion to use ? Or what final drive ratio to use please ?

Thanks a million guys !

Greetings from Belgium.

Christoph

Last edited by CivicTuning; 08-09-2010 at 12:41 PM.
Old 08-09-2010, 12:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CivicTuning
Hi everyone,

I am completely new to lectric touring cars.
So could someone please help with rollout/gearing please ?

I am ordering my T3 and i would race it with Sorex 36 rubber tyres, Speed passion 10,5 en GM genius 120 on an asphalt track.

Standard in the kit, there is a 48dp 84 tooth spur.

Could someone please tell me wich motor pinion to use ? Or what final drive ratio to use please ?

Thanks a million guys !

Greetings from Belgium.

Christoph
hey Christoph

where in belgium do you race ??

have you asked on the Modelbouwforum for set up advice , it is hard to offer motor setup advice on track no one knows

go to the track and ask one of the quick guys is also another option , we are friendly LOL
Old 08-09-2010, 01:01 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by sidecarphil1
hey Christoph

where in belgium do you race ??

have you asked on the Modelbouwforum for set up advice , it is hard to offer motor setup advice on track no one knows

go to the track and ask one of the quick guys is also another option , we are friendly LOL
hey phil,

i race at RCR in Roeselare, medium size asphalt track with medium grip, faily long straight.

I just wanted a place to start so i know what motor pinion to buy ....

Greetz and thanks for the info, i'm friendly too LOL

Christoph
Old 08-09-2010, 01:07 PM
Tech Master

hey phil,

i race at RCR in Roeselare, medium size asphalt track with medium grip, faily long straight.

I just wanted a place to start so i know what motor pinion to buy ....

Greetz and thanks for the info, i'm friendly too LOL

Christoph
do you have the new GM120 with the turbo on it ??

if so i use about a gearing of 6 to 6.5 at Real80 Groningen and our tracks look fairly the same
Old 08-09-2010, 01:15 PM
Tech Adept

do you have the new GM120 with the turbo on it ??

if so i use about a gearing of 6 to 6.5 at Real80 Groningen and our tracks look fairly the same
i am ordering the GM genius 120 with turbo yes. See if it is fast enough with a 10,5 speed passion in it, which is the motor everyone uses at the Belgian championship.

And thanks, i will start with gearing 6,5.
If it isn't fast enough, i can always go to 6 or less ...

Greetz,

Christoph
Old 08-09-2010, 01:36 PM
Tech Master

i am ordering the GM genius 120 with turbo yes. See if it is fast enough with a 10,5 speed passion in it, which is the motor everyone uses at the Belgian championship.

And thanks, i will start with gearing 6,5.
If it isn't fast enough, i can always go to 6 or less ...

Greetz,

Christoph
the GM motor is better to use with the GM speedo , the motor has a Temp sensor in it and the speedo backs the power off if the motor gets too hot

I am a Tekin user but keep getting beeten by GM's
Old 08-09-2010, 01:56 PM
Tech Adept

the GM motor is better to use with the GM speedo , the motor has a Temp sensor in it and the speedo backs the power off if the motor gets too hot

I am a Tekin user but keep getting beeten by GM's
Well, i would buy a GM, but only the speed passion 10,5 is allowed in the Belgian championship, which i would like to participate in.

My first time electric touring, haha, never drove one before, i hope i don't finish last, LOL

Greetz,

Christoph
Old 08-09-2010, 06:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Had some more sessions time today came to an easy drivable setup sheet, plenty of rear grip when powering through the corners.

http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...=1711&setup=t3

Need to work on my driving a bit more.

However what I noticed is when I felt comfortable with the car setup and being consistent in lap times hitting 12secs laps and one 11.9 fastest lap, i decided to jump the punch up a level to punch level 2, the car lost a bit of it's steering.

Anyone came across to a similar feeling ?

Hanulec was right, putting a heavier spring in the back really planted the rear end, and dropping the droop to 5/4 helped alot.

Keeping the rear out upper camber link at 2mm instead of 4, anyone have any good suggestions on this, car feels like swaying left to right if to much input on the steering.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Am thinkin to tackle the chicane issue, have the rear end suspension less inclined resulting in harder dampening, or maybe use 3 hole piston instead of 4 hole or heavier rear oil ?

Could use shorter rear camber link and offset the outer hub by 1mm instead of 2mm?
Old 08-09-2010, 07:15 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Shesha - im happy I could help. disconnect that front swaybar and try quick roll center position #1 up front. The car will roll less, but disconnecting the bar should remove the push. If not... go to a heavy front spring too.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Am curious to know what the steering post plastic caps do if I switch them round or opposite each other if possible.... anyone have any real life testing on this ?
Old 08-09-2010, 08:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Just went over the car one more time, i might have the ackerman setting off, since the steering arc from off to on was not consistent, will have a play with that tomorrow...
Old 08-10-2010, 05:40 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Am curious to know what the steering post plastic caps do if I switch them round or opposite each other if possible.... anyone have any real life testing on this ?
Just went over the car one more time, i might have the ackerman setting off, since the steering arc from off to on was not consistent, will have a play with that tomorrow...
These caps should be in the same direction. I'd suggest running the steering post forward as it will reduce the overall ackerman and make the slider adjustments a little more fine grained.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:59 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec
But this could help with side bite... which can be useful for spec rubber tire racing or any track with chicanes.
I thought you get the side bite from having the shock laid down?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.