Wiki Posts
Search

XRAY T3

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 11:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tag
hello, just wondering if the T2 graphite battery strap will work / fit T3 ?
thanks
I believe it does
Old 01-29-2010, 12:32 PM
Tech Regular

Yes it fits.

Old 01-29-2010, 03:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

K Black color with washer for shim battery holder post !
Old 01-29-2010, 04:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Well I was at the track last night checking out what I am pretty sure is the largest indoor track in the US lol. And one of the guys running a t3 broke the top deck in the back. Anyone else heard of this?

Its the first I have seen, But I am sure proper sanding and sealing could help this. So if your prone to "Board meetings" then I would suggest doing this soon if you haven't already done it.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rx7ttlm
Well I was at the track last night checking out what I am pretty sure is the largest indoor track in the US lol. And one of the guys running a t3 broke the top deck in the back. Anyone else heard of this?

Its the first I have seen, But I am sure proper sanding and sealing could help this. So if your prone to "Board meetings" then I would suggest doing this soon if you haven't already done it.
First time Ive heard of this.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

How many screws where they running in the back? I've seen some people running just the very back 2 screws, thats just a broken car waiting to happen.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
How many screws where they running in the back? I've seen some people running just the very back 2 screws, thats just a broken car waiting to happen.
It was the first time I had heard or seen it. But I pointed out the cracking earlier in the night. It was with just the two back screws, Not totally sure as it wasn't my car and I was preoccupied with wow it broke lol
Old 01-29-2010, 04:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

It was the first time I had heard or seen it. But I pointed out the cracking earlier in the night. It was with just the two back screws, Not totally sure as it wasn't my car and I was preoccupied with wow it broke lol
Case closed, lol. I stand by my previous post. I've had my car on blocks while tightening the top deck screws and you can see how much flex there is with these cars, 2 screws might be good for rear traction, but with that broken parts too, i'm surprised they didn't stress the chassiss as well, I'd be checking that out as well.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Case closed, lol. I stand by my previous post. I've had my car on blocks while tightening the top deck screws and you can see how much flex there is with these cars, 2 screws might be good for rear traction, but with that broken parts too, i'm surprised they didn't stress the chassiss as well, I'd be checking that out as well.
Yeah, I don't know. Its a 2mm top deck so I guess I am really not that surprised, and it was inline with the top deck holes. So naturally the weak point is what fails. I saw one of his hits tho, not surprised it broke I guess. I figured one of the suspension arms would break lol.

Last edited by rx7ttlm; 01-29-2010 at 05:09 PM.
Old 01-29-2010, 05:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Actually I just noticed last night that my top deck is cracked. It's cracked right where it is milled very thin for the layshaft bearings. Right at that seam. I've put CA on it for now but I am guessing it will soon break completely. I use all the screws in the top deck. I'm not completely surprised. I've had some very nasty crashes with it.
Old 01-29-2010, 06:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Never had this issue>
Old 01-29-2010, 09:38 PM
Tech Adept

you guys need to cut out these bourd meetings lol
Old 01-30-2010, 12:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quick question for you guys.
If i wanna run a diff in the front of the EU version of the T3 what do i need to get?
I just think the diff will be more consistent thats why i`m asking, thanks guys.
Old 01-30-2010, 12:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nitro ho
Quick question for you guys.
If i wanna run a diff in the front of the EU version of the T3 what do i need to get?
I just think the diff will be more consistent thats why i`m asking, thanks guys.
Suggestion, if your running rubber tires. Stick with the spool. I have tried to go back, but rubber tire has always been spool for me in rubber touring. Just make the setup work for the spool. And also keep in mind that especially carpet, the track conditions change alot based on temp, and how much traffic the rug has. Lets talk about your setup. post / pm your setup and we will go from there.

If you really want the diff you can get the 30 5003. But your car will likely diff out (unload the inside tire on corner exit) with front diff.
Old 01-30-2010, 05:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Burney
you guys need to cut out these bourd meetings lol
But if I didn't run tight with the boards I would be slow? Why would I want to lose?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.