Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread. >

XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread.

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 02:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by dfiantii
I am curious where you found version 1.04. I have v1.02 on my LCD box and there is no new software on the speedpassion website..
Wow, I' sorry, my mistake! It should be V1.02!
This was all Pre-coffee
Thank you for picking it up
I'll edit it straight away
Old 02-20-2010, 03:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TBOTubed
Wow, I' sorry, my mistake! It should be V1.02!
This was all Pre-coffee
Thank you for picking it up
I'll edit it straight away

ROFL I love my coffee !!!
Old 02-20-2010, 09:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Tried maximize the punch at level 9, 22 timing and can really feel the power on 11.5t running a 5.01 fdr, temps after 5min was 70deg C on motor while esc was at 45deg C. Kept up with 9.5t on tekin and 9.5t on the sxx tc spec in the straights.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by dfiantii
I am curious where you found version 1.04. I have v1.02 on my LCD box and there is no new software on the speedpassion website..
ill help you,..
LCD Firmware Version 1.04 is on Hobbywing Software
Old 02-22-2010, 10:02 AM
Tech Addict

No news about the Hobbywing new software .They should have released it untill 10 Febr. but so far,nothing.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hi all, this is all new to me. Is this the programming box http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Hobbywing-2in...item5d2683d881 That is been used?

Alot of good info in this thread, thanks to all who have contributed.

I have got a couple of HW combo's on the way. Thanks Leigh
Old 02-22-2010, 06:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by leebrushless
Hi all, this is all new to me. Is this the programming box http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Hobbywing-2in...item5d2683d881 That is been used?

Alot of good info in this thread, thanks to all who have contributed.

I have got a couple of HW combo's on the way. Thanks Leigh
that's the one... if you're gonna get it by itself, i'd suggest buying it here:

http://www.hobbypartz.com/hobbywing-...ogram-box.html

they're in california so you'll get it much faster than the china ones.

EDIT: that's if you're in the US that is.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:36 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Iam in Australia, so about the same time wise. Thanks Leigh

Originally Posted by unsp0ken
that's the one... if you're gonna get it by itself, i'd suggest buying it here:

http://www.hobbypartz.com/hobbywing-...ogram-box.html

they're in california so you'll get it much faster than the china ones.

EDIT: that's if you're in the US that is.
Old 02-27-2010, 01:18 PM
Tech Addict

I think i'll get my Mamba Max pro before Hobbywing release the new software as they mentioned.Hobbywing has to wake up.Spring Festival (8th to 21th Feb) has finished and they should have released it untill 10 Feb.
Old 02-27-2010, 02:31 PM
Tech Addict

Default Gearing Observations

Last night I ran at Maritime raceway in my usual track. I started with my Fantom 10.5 with 10 degrees mechanical timing as is usual. I also have the AMTS set at 26.25 and the DDRS at VII. However I had gotten there 2 hours early so had some time on the track and as we all know time = time to mess with things (and cock them up generally in my case).

However...... I started out with my last gearing at 5.95:1 FDR and began dropping teeth on the pinion one by one, running for a couple of minutes and then checking lap times. By the time I had come down from 30 to 26 the car had gained 2.5 seconds PER lap. The funny thing was then temps were dropping until I hit 27 and then started to rise again as I went to 26. I finally dropped to 25 about 7.45:1 and the speed was noticeably slower and the motor was uber hot.

I dropped back to 26 Tooth, 7.15:1 and the car was super quick down the straight and had masses of rip in the infield, now this is not a particularly small track by any stretch and the car was matching my buddy with an SPX and a ludicrous amount of timing down the straight.

The whole thing just seemed to have come alive, I just wonder how much people have looked into dropping the gearing to allow the motor to rev out and use all available timing, as we all talk about really low FDR's but maybe we need to be looking at 'using' the Kv on the motors to best effect, as Shawn at SP says on the Heartland video, "with the software they are able to DOUBLE the Kv of the motor", why are we frying motors when we are not using the power in the best possible way?

The SPX guys at our track have had gearing in the high 7's and low 8's for months and now I see why.

What started me thinking was that the car was still accelerating at the braking point at the end of the straight and I thought why am I wasting the opportunity to have monster acceleration and never actually reaching the top speed of the car for the track. I am now converted am gonna drop the gearing back to 7.45 and move the mechanical timing on the motor to full advance (20 degrees) and then repeat the process to see if the motor has any more to give.

During my final I was at P10 and had 'blasted past everyone upto 4th place from the start line this was even before the usual first corner messy crashes, and had 4th for about 2 minutes until I made several crappy attempts at lapping people and managed to write myself off down to 7th. As is usual the car was outperforming the driver but OMG it was quick.

Has anyone else come across this before or am I barking up the wrong tree?
Old 03-02-2010, 02:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Can you do this with a Venom 120A? It's looks like a repackaged Xerun. For some reason I think it's sensor plug is not working, may be a software upgrade can fix the problem. Any suggestion?

http://www.venom-group.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=VEN-1339
Old 03-02-2010, 03:36 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by yobouno
Can you do this with a Venom 120A? It's looks like a repackaged Xerun. For some reason I think it's sensor plug is not working, may be a software upgrade can fix the problem. Any suggestion?

http://www.venom-group.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=VEN-1339
As far as I am aware (No guarantees) they are the same basic speedo as the HobbyWing 120SD, the Speed Passion GT 2.0 Pro, the MuchMore Fleta 3.0 and the Venom 120a.

So far we know the SpeedPassion software works on the Hobbywing Speedo's, and I can see no reason why (no warranty implied) the same procedure outlined in my earlier posts to 'flash' the Firmware will not work.

Get hold of a Hobbywing LCD Professional Box plug it in and give it a try.

Please be aware that there is no guarantee that this will work, and it will almost certainly invalidate your warranty and 'could' possibly lead to you damaging your Speed Controller. However if it works the benefits are HUGE with awesome speed and power galore.

Good luck and if you do try it please please post back here and let us know how you found the process.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:18 PM
Tech Regular

The speedy as it is atm is pretty **** right now without the sensor working. So may as well give it ago... I won't be doing this any time soon... as I'm going away for a while but will post the outcome when I finally get to it.

thanks cherry2blost
Old 03-04-2010, 08:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by cherry2blost
As far as I am aware (No guarantees) they are the same basic speedo as the HobbyWing 120SD, the Speed Passion GT 2.0 Pro, the MuchMore Fleta 3.0 and the Venom 120a.

So far we know the SpeedPassion software works on the Hobbywing Speedo's, and I can see no reason why (no warranty implied) the same procedure outlined in my earlier posts to 'flash' the Firmware will not work.

Get hold of a Hobbywing LCD Professional Box plug it in and give it a try.

Please be aware that there is no guarantee that this will work, and it will almost certainly invalidate your warranty and 'could' possibly lead to you damaging your Speed Controller. However if it works the benefits are HUGE with awesome speed and power galore.

Good luck and if you do try it please please post back here and let us know how you found the process.
waiting for your re-flash
Old 03-04-2010, 10:39 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by irgo
waiting for your re-flash
haha... wait for 3 months.... I'm going away for a while... my esc is stuck is some warehouse somewhere.... be patience.... I'll update the thread once I killed my ESC...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.