Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread. >

XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread.

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 02:06 AM
Tech Elite

provided there is some ventilation to the esc, through the body it will be ok to use with stock wind motors and not use the fan.
But if you can make a plan to fit the esc without removing the fan then it would be better seeing electronics always run there best when kept cooler.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default EARUN 120Apm ESC

i have XERUN 120amp esc blue edition unit. I have a few question about it. THis ECS can run for both motor either is sensored or sensoless motor. As we know that hobbywing company was claim this esc can detect the sensored motor as sensoless if the sensored wire faulty.

How I want to know that im running in sonsered or sensoless system while sensor cable still connected to motor. Coz ..when im try to unplug the sensor cable from motor amd it still running and went im plugging the sensor cable the motor still running also.. then how i want to define that im running sensor or sensolless while the sensor wire still connected to motor.

Please advice... and on more ..think... when im conected sonsore wire to motor and make 1 trottle punch and green light was appear blinking non stop.... but motor still running good. but when i unplug sensor wire ... the green light only appear when i pull the trigger only...

Hope u all can help me about this..

Last edited by zizgp; 10-20-2009 at 01:02 AM.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:35 AM
Tech Elite

when the esc is used sensorless it is only when you move from a standing position that is affected.
Sometimes it will hesitate a bit as you accelerate other than that it will run great.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:40 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by razzor
when the esc is used sensorless it is only when you move from a standing position that is affected.
Sometimes it will hesitate a bit as you accelerate other than that it will run great.

sorry really dont understand...
Old 10-20-2009, 04:22 AM
Tech Master

If you set 'AMTS' anything other than '0', the motor will rev higher in sensored mode. Listen to the revs with 4 wheels off the ground.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by zizgp
sorry really dont understand...
The esc uses the sensor to help the car accellerate from a standstill.
Once the car is moving the esc switches to sensoreless.
With out the sensor lead connected and if you tried it you would notice the car stutter or hesitate (commonly called cogging) a bit when you accellerate from a stand still and in some cases it sometimes stutters badly and can even go backwards before going forward.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:21 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by razzor
The esc uses the sensor to help the car accellerate from a standstill.
Once the car is moving the esc switches to sensoreless.
With out the sensor lead connected and if you tried it you would notice the car stutter or hesitate (commonly called cogging) a bit when you accellerate from a stand still and in some cases it sometimes stutters badly and can even go backwards before going forward.
If the sensor is plugged in it runs sensored only. The 'amts' reads the sensor to determine software timing at different motor speeds. Without sensor cable it automatically runs sensorless, with cogging becoming more noticable with hotter motors.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:33 PM
Tech Regular

Thank you guy,,, your info was help me to understand this ESC model. Any idea which the best motor for this ESC. Our local race here always running 11.5T for stock motor..

Thank you.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by zizgp
Thank you guy,,, your info was help me to understand this ESC model. Any idea which the best motor for this ESC. Our local race here always running 11.5T for stock motor..

Thank you.
Any motor will do so long it has adjustable timing.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Being new to the whole brushless thing i thought i would share what i found in the hope that it might help someone or someone could help me.

still basicly have the speedy set to default settings except for the lipo cutoff.

Last week i got around to giving the car a bit of a run with other cars,
I managed to get a couple of ok runs in, with the playing i had i changed the FDR from about 4.9 down to 4.1. at the end of the race (4min) the motor came off at about 36c so i dont think the temp is an issue.
Seems like at around the 4.9 mark the top end was slow compared to other cars. with some local advice i changing to 4.1, This helped the top end and shaved .5sec off my best lap for the night.
at 4.1 i ran out of pinions, so im changing the spur to allow me to get to about a 3.8. should give me a good range to play with 5.2ish to 3.8ish.

the motor seems smoother now after a bit of a run. my car needs some serious work in its setup so at the moment the speedy /motor isnt whats slowing me down.
it looks like the older fixed timing motor that comes with the speedy combo is outclassed these days but it will do me for now.

hopefully i will get another run tomorrow.
Hopefully the LCD programmer will turn up tomorrow. it was ordered about 2 weeks ago but still isnt here.
Old 10-28-2009, 05:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

OK, the usb programming card turned up overnight.

can someone tell me what the different firmwares do or which is the one to get for stock?

looking at the SP thread the 312 is designed for stock but i couldnt find anything in the hobbywing software to say that.

Also what sort of max temp should i be trying to stay under with the motor?

Peter
Old 12-06-2009, 08:34 PM
Tech Addict

Seems like Hobby Wing has a new look for their 1/8th systems.

Very nice.
Old 12-13-2009, 09:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

What profile is recommended for stock motor?
Old 12-22-2009, 02:22 PM
Tech Addict

I use a motor with Novak 17.5 Ballistic software V1.10_090323a_t on track with straights of about 50m with good results.
Now I have installed the software V1.10_090323a_m and I could not even prove that there are differences between the two software?
Or possibly what software is best used with the 17.5?
Old 12-23-2009, 06:35 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by AGNO
I use a motor with Novak 17.5 Ballistic software V1.10_090323a_t on track with straights of about 50m with good results.
Now I have installed the software V1.10_090323a_m and I could not even prove that there are differences between the two software?
Or possibly what software is best used with the 17.5?
Try V1.10_090312a_T with the 17.5

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.