Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread. >

XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread.

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 01:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

does any one have a link for the download for the EZrun 60a set up ??
Old 10-09-2009, 04:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Anyone tried this ESC with a Worlds GT (single cell lipo and 13.5 motor) yet?
Old 10-09-2009, 10:20 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sidecarphil1
does any one have a link for the download for the EZrun 60a set up ??
EZrun 60a manual
Old 10-11-2009, 05:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Does anyone here have experience with both V1 and V2, and can outline the major differences? I'm trying to decide whether it is worth upgrading. Currently running a 6.5 with a V1. I feel the brakes on the V1 may be a tad soft...
Old 10-11-2009, 06:23 AM
Tech Master

The difference between the V1 & V2 is similar to how the SpeedPassion GT1 & GT2 are. If you read the speed passion thread you'll have a clearer picture. I prefer the V2 due to its ability to update software via usb-pc link. I don't feel any difference braking. However I only run 11.5T TC lipo. A 6.5 would be very different.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:43 PM
Tech Addict

I have a silly "new-to-brushless" question in regards to these escs. Will they run other brands of motors?

Like I said new to brushless and any help would be appreciated.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:53 PM
Tech Elite

yes they will run other makes of brushless motors.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

hi guys,

just bought my XERUN v2.0 120a + 17.5T combo . for aussie stock class racing.

i have a couple of questions.

firstly can anyone tell me a starting gear ratio for a TRF 415 on a smallish ashfelt track?

Also i am looking at getting the LCD programer option. does it allow finer updates or is it the same setting as the led controller?
do the USB firmware updates make much difference to the ESC?

Also being that this is basicly the same speedy as the speedpassion unit. does speedpassion have any different firmwares and is it possible to use them?

anyway. thats enough questions for tonight
thanks in advance
Old 10-13-2009, 08:45 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by razzor
yes they will run other makes of brushless motors.
Thank you
Old 10-13-2009, 11:40 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by scorpia
hi guys,

just bought my XERUN v2.0 120a + 17.5T combo . for aussie stock class racing.

i have a couple of questions.

firstly can anyone tell me a starting gear ratio for a TRF 415 on a smallish ashfelt track?

Also i am looking at getting the LCD programer option. does it allow finer updates or is it the same setting as the led controller?
do the USB firmware updates make much difference to the ESC?

Also being that this is basicly the same speedy as the speedpassion unit. does speedpassion have any different firmwares and is it possible to use them?

anyway. thats enough questions for tonight
thanks in advance
Start with fdr 5.0 and work your fdr down by going up 1 pinion at a time.

Get the LCD program box. Its a must if you're into racing. You can use either hobbywing or speedpassion softwares. They do make a difference. I've been doing some thorough tests with the xerun this week and I'm quite happy with it. Managed to close the gap with the faster SPX speedos on our 11.5Ts. I'm running speedpassion 731 beta software with AMTS and adjustable motor timing maxed out. On tracks with straights less than 100' the Xerun can be competitive.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by cyanyde
Start with fdr 5.0 and work your fdr down by going up 1 pinion at a time.

Get the LCD program box. Its a must if you're into racing. You can use either hobbywing or speedpassion softwares. They do make a difference. I've been doing some thorough tests with the xerun this week and I'm quite happy with it. Managed to close the gap with the faster SPX speedos on our 11.5Ts. I'm running speedpassion 731 beta software with AMTS and adjustable motor timing maxed out. On tracks with straights less than 100' the Xerun can be competitive.

thanks for the reply,

sounds like i need to get the box. but it seems that its only advantage over the standard program card is to abilty to download the firmware.

Does it allow you to do any different changes to the settings that the standard card cant do?

edit: just found this is the SP thread
Originally Posted by razzor
Wether you have a SP or HW lcd programmer it will work with either software with HW seeming to have a more updated version.
The LCD programmer doesnt have finer adjustments but does have additional features.
HW software has a few additional firmware versions but i havent had a chance to try them to compare with SP versions.
The LCD programmer also keeps 3 different setups in memory instead of adjusting settings you can have these setups preprogrammed.
So it does have a couple of extra features but doesnt allow finer programming then. still for the price it seems like a nice thing to get.

Last edited by scorpia; 10-13-2009 at 02:30 PM.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:18 PM
Tech Master

The LCD programmer does everything the LED programmer does and more like being able to fine tune drag brake instead of a fixed percentage like 5, 10 and so on. And when new softwares are introduced, they may have additional parameters that you can't add on to the LED programmer.

The LCD programmer is also updateable, not just the esc.
Old 10-14-2009, 03:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Fired the combo up last night on the bench. it all seems to work ok. except the motor seems to be noisy.
noisy might not be the right word. but it doesnt seem to sound like its smooth. Most motors i have used at full throttle seem to sound fast. this just doesnt sound like that. possibly sounding like its out of balance or rubbing internally. The car seems to run on the bench ok so i will have to wait till a track session to be sure.

im not sure if anything is wrong or not because i dont have anything to compare it to with regards to other brushless motors. i will hopefully get a chance to give it a run in the next few days.

The speedy seems nice and the control box works well. I dont know who decided that the status led's should be on the bottom but hhhmmmm. Other than that i have turned the voltage cutout up as far as it would go (3.4v?) because im running lipo's and i wasnt sure what voltage to set it to . i figured i can allways lower it later.

anyway will see how it goes.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:15 PM
Tech Regular

Default Xerun 60A, need a fan on 2WD offroad?

Hi Guys,

Just bought a Xerun 60A 2v. and i am planning to install on a 2WD buggy, because the body shell is quite low i was thinking to run the ESC without the fan, would have any effect on the performance and reliability of the ESC?

I plan to run 13.5T or 10.5T sensored.

Thanks in advance,

Lorenzo
Old 10-14-2009, 10:46 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by lore
Hi Guys,

Just bought a Xerun 60A 2v. and i am planning to install on a 2WD buggy, because the body shell is quite low i was thinking to run the ESC without the fan, would have any effect on the performance and reliability of the ESC?

I plan to run 13.5T or 10.5T sensored.

Thanks in advance,

Lorenzo
It needs the fan especially in a small enclosed space. Cut some holes on the shell above the esc to vent the heat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.