Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread. >

XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread.

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 12:38 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by geubes
what software are you trying to put on... im just down the road from you (race at south hants) and ive got a HW box for my SP lpf. Ive been able to put 1.32, SP Beta's and the HW 1.61 software from the hobbywing site all on my esc with no problems
I'm in Poole i can't get get either the HW or SP software to work at all Windows dosen't recognise the usb device when the lcd programmer is connected.
Old 04-30-2010, 01:34 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BILKO1
I'm in Poole i can't get get either the HW or SP software to work at all Windows dosen't recognise the usb device when the lcd programmer is connected.
Ok, mine is version 1.04 as well. Without any software open and without the ESC connected to the programming box, just plug the box into the PC. Assuming you have admin rights to install plug&play devices, it should recognise it as a human interface device.

once it recognises it, leave the programmer connected and open either the SP or HW software and the screen should change on the box to "Connecting PC". now plug ESC in and turn on ESC, settings should appear onscreen in the software.

- this is how ive done it on my laptop and netbook (both running XP SP2).

at what stage does it not work and what messages behavour do you get?
Old 04-30-2010, 01:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Can someone tell me wheather you need a computer to program the ESC? Do you just need a computer to update the software onto the LCD programming card and then you can take the programming card wherever and change settings on the ESC without the laptop or can you only change advanced setting with a laptop (timing, drag brake, etc...? Does the programming card save the firmware software on it?

Just wondering so I dont have to cart around a laptop everywhere and can just take the programming card instead.

Thanks
Old 04-30-2010, 02:21 AM
Tech Adept

You need laptop to change ESC software version (firmware), but once a firmware is loaded you can change all the settings via the LCD or the LED programming box.

eg Load 422 at home on laptop.

use LCD trackside to change settings 0 - 15
Old 04-30-2010, 02:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

QUOTE=BILKO1;7338653]I've just bought a Hobbywing lcd programmer to update my SP lpf v2.0, when i install the SP software 1.32 it does not recognise my usb programmer i've been waiting over a month for a SP programmer but gave up as the seem to be like hens teeth here in the UK. Is there anyway of flashing the Hobbywing programmer to an SP firmware? I also tried the older SP 1.31 software but that failed to. The Hobbywing programmer is V1.04_091225 it connects with the esc to change settings but not update esc firmware. Any help gladly received. I was going to post in the SP thread but they seem to be anti Hobbywing over there.[/QUOTE]

Hi, I also just bought a box , the same as above, for a second spare and I too get a "does not recognise usb device" dialog box on my computer screen when I plug it in. My other box works fine. I,m thinking this one is defective.

Has anyone seen this? Thanks for your help
windows xp
Old 04-30-2010, 03:21 AM
Tech Adept

Ok, mine is version 1.04 as well. Without any software open and without the ESC connected to the programming box, just plug the box into the PC. Assuming you have admin rights to install plug&play devices, it should recognise it as a human interface device.

once it recognises it, leave the programmer connected and open either the SP or HW software and the screen should change on the box to "Connecting PC". now plug ESC in and turn on ESC, settings should appear onscreen in the software.

- this is how ive done it on my laptop and netbook (both running XP SP2).

at what stage does it not work and what messages behavour do you get?
When I plug the LCD box in Windows makes a noise and the message about unrecognized device pops up. I have let Windows search for drivers to no avail. I'm running XP Pro sp3 as administrator.
Old 04-30-2010, 03:03 PM
Tech Adept

Well i tried 3 different pc's now and it worked on 1 with old school usb 1 ports, need to find a way of making the laptop install it as a human interface device tried doing it through control panel and add hardware but its not playing nice
Old 04-30-2010, 03:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

You need laptop to change ESC software version (firmware), but once a firmware is loaded you can change all the settings via the LCD or the LED programming box.

eg Load 422 at home on laptop.

use LCD trackside to change settings 0 - 15
Ok awesome. So once the software that you want is on the ESC all settings can be changed without the PC?
Old 04-30-2010, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by snowman_evil
Ok awesome. So once the software that you want is on the ESC all settings can be changed without the PC?
Correct.
With the latest version you can use either led or lcd programmer to make changes.
LCD has the additional benefit of being able to switch between 3 different saved profiles/modes on the esc.
Old 04-30-2010, 04:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ok awesome thanks
Old 04-30-2010, 05:24 PM
Tech Initiate

Have found after downloading the latest software from HW you cant go back to the 231 software. Because I still had the original HW USB Link V1.32 I just upgraded the software to one of those. Then I was able to put the 231 back on, unfortunately haven't tried the 324 or 410.

Has any body done back to back runs between the latest HW 424 against the SP 324 or 410??
Had planed to try them today before a race tomorrow sadly the weather is shit!!
Old 04-30-2010, 06:46 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bigted
Have found after downloading the latest software from HW you cant go back to the 231 software. Because I still had the original HW USB Link V1.32 I just upgraded the software to one of those. Then I was able to put the 231 back on, unfortunately haven't tried the 324 or 410.

Has any body done back to back runs between the latest HW 424 against the SP 324 or 410??
Had planed to try them today before a race tomorrow sadly the weather is shit!!
I can tell you that from the testing I have done, 422 is way faster than any of speed passions software options. It is amazingly quick and the motor stays really cool too. Today my motor ony got up to 44 degrees but was much much quicker than any other software.

Well done Hobbywing. You have one of the cheapest speedos on the market and can make at least as much power as anything else on the market. And its nice and easy to understand the instructions.

Mike
Old 04-30-2010, 10:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

What settings can you change with the LCD programming card? Is it just basics or can you change advanced settings such as timing, drag brake, etc...?

Thanks
Old 05-01-2010, 01:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by snowman_evil
What settings can you change with the LCD programming card? Is it just basics or can you change advanced settings such as timing, drag brake, etc...?

Thanks
You can change all settings with exception of changing the firmware.
Old 05-01-2010, 05:04 AM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ixlr8nz
I can tell you that from the testing I have done, 422 is way faster than any of speed passions software options. It is amazingly quick and the motor stays really cool too. Today my motor ony got up to 44 degrees but was much much quicker than any other software.

Well done Hobbywing. You have one of the cheapest speedos on the market and can make at least as much power as anything else on the market. And its nice and easy to understand the instructions.

Mike
Thanks for that Mike, no racing at North Habour tomorrow....stink
Will hopefully get a chance now to give it a run and get the gearing right, am changing to rubbers so should be fun

Terry

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.