Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya F104 Pro! >

Tamiya F104 Pro!

Like Tree12Likes

Tamiya F104 Pro!

Old 12-18-2009, 01:29 AM
  #1696  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (14)
 
aussierevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Brisbane Qld
Posts: 905
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default rollout F104

I've just installed a RS 21.5T and would appreciate a starting point for rollout on a medium length track with low to medium grip.

I wanted to order some 48p spur's etc, and just wanted a good guide what people are running with the 21.5T motor as from what I've read you can run a rollout anywhere from 60mm to 75mm.

Any advice is appreciated
aussierevo is offline  
Old 12-18-2009, 01:18 PM
  #1697  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (12)
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,267
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

RP for F104 Rubber Tire around next week onsale !
www.rcmarket.com.hk
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya F104 Pro!-rp-f1-b3.gif  
RC MARKET is offline  
Old 12-19-2009, 06:11 AM
  #1698  
Tech Adept
 
clittle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 138
Default

I ran my F104Pro for the first time today. With tamiya sports tuned black can, it was quite a handfull. With Pit Shimizu rubber, it handled really well.... Well that was until I hit the brakes at the wrong time to stop going head first into the boards, only to completely spin around and slam into them backwards. I've already got the new wing on order... It was a bit cold today and I was going too fast too soon...

To be honest, I'm not sure which one I like most, the 103 or 104. I guess I'll just have to run both
clittle is offline  
Old 12-19-2009, 09:04 AM
  #1699  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
toybreaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 309
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by clittle View Post
I ran my F104Pro for the first time today. With tamiya sports tuned black can, it was quite a handfull. With Pit Shimizu rubber, it handled really well.... Well that was until I hit the brakes at the wrong time to stop going head first into the boards, only to completely spin around and slam into them backwards. I've already got the new wing on order... It was a bit cold today and I was going too fast too soon...

To be honest, I'm not sure which one I like most, the 103 or 104. I guess I'll just have to run both
I hope you ordered a couple extra wings. They seem to be the weaker part of the 104, granted i beat the hell out of it but the wing snaps easily. I am on wing #3, no other broken parts though
toybreaker is offline  
Old 12-19-2009, 04:19 PM
  #1700  
Tech Master
iTrader: (19)
 
gsxr0311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: San Francisco CA
Posts: 1,243
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

yeah, i went throught two wing also. i ended up putting my f103rm rear wing on and had no problems since. i have been waiting on the 3racing 2009 style wing forever. the sight has been saying coming soon for at least 3 months. i may just stop waiting and get the f60 wings.
gsxr0311 is offline  
Old 12-19-2009, 05:53 PM
  #1701  
Tech Adept
 
clittle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 138
Default

I'd ordered 2 rear wings and a front wing, just to be safe. The plastic does seem to be a little brittle. I've got a wing set from TRG that seems to be able to flex and take the beating better. I originally got that for my F103, but I might put it on my F104 and see how it goes...

Originally Posted by toybreaker View Post
I hope you ordered a couple extra wings. They seem to be the weaker part of the 104, granted i beat the hell out of it but the wing snaps easily. I am on wing #3, no other broken parts though
clittle is offline  
Old 12-19-2009, 09:55 PM
  #1702  
Tech Regular
 
zpmhinojosa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Reno,NV
Posts: 262
Default

Mines snapped also. After markets have no issues. I might get another kit wing for an absolute spare.
zpmhinojosa is offline  
Old 12-20-2009, 01:48 AM
  #1703  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (34)
 
SchuMi2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 951
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by aussierevo View Post
I've just installed a RS 21.5T and would appreciate a starting point for rollout on a medium length track with low to medium grip.

I wanted to order some 48p spur's etc, and just wanted a good guide what people are running with the 21.5T motor as from what I've read you can run a rollout anywhere from 60mm to 75mm.

Any advice is appreciated
I would start at 80mm...could possibly go to 85mm no worries.
SchuMi2 is offline  
Old 12-20-2009, 03:38 AM
  #1704  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (14)
 
aussierevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Brisbane Qld
Posts: 905
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by SchuMi2 View Post
I would start at 80mm...could possibly go to 85mm no worries.
thanks for that.....I'll give that a try and see how it goes.
aussierevo is offline  
Old 12-23-2009, 02:17 AM
  #1705  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 35
Default Jaco Tyres

Has anyone tried to mount these on a F104?

www dot jacoracing dot net/panz_1_10.html
zharn is offline  
Old 12-23-2009, 12:59 PM
  #1706  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (22)
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Posts: 8,044
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by zharn View Post
Has anyone tried to mount these on a F104?

www dot jacoracing dot net/panz_1_10.html
These will not fit the hubs or axles on a 104.
robk is offline  
Old 12-24-2009, 08:46 PM
  #1707  
Tech Regular
 
zpmhinojosa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Reno,NV
Posts: 262
Default MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

I hope everyone got what they wished for!!!
zpmhinojosa is offline  
Old 12-25-2009, 01:13 AM
  #1708  
Tech Master
 
NiMo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Luton, England
Posts: 1,704
Default

Originally Posted by zharn View Post
Has anyone tried to mount these on a F104?

www dot jacoracing dot net/panz_1_10.html
If you can get hold of a complete WGT rear axle assembly from either Associated or CRC, you only need to put heat shrink around the Imperial bearings to make them fit the Metric Tamiya ride height units, then you can fit all Pro10 wheels.
And unlike my F109 (which is at 206mm) you would get the F103/F104 inside 200mm.
Also if you can find some rare 5mm x 8mm FLANGED bearings you can then fit Pro10 wheels to the front.
NiMo is offline  
Old 12-25-2009, 04:19 AM
  #1709  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 35
Default

Originally Posted by NiMo View Post
If you can get hold of a complete WGT rear axle assembly from either Associated or CRC, you only need to put heat shrink around the Imperial bearings to make them fit the Metric Tamiya ride height units, then you can fit all Pro10 wheels.
And unlike my F109 (which is at 206mm) you would get the F103/F104 inside 200mm.
Also if you can find some rare 5mm x 8mm FLANGED bearings you can then fit Pro10 wheels to the front.
Hey Thanks for that, ive found all the bits except for the front bearings, abec35 might have them.
zharn is offline  
Old 12-25-2009, 04:21 AM
  #1710  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 35
Default

Next problem, where can i find spare diff rings? BA28 19808051, nobody seems to have them in stock. (I wish the mail man would come back from holidays so i can play with my new f104)
zharn is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.