Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 05:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Do u guys buy your spares from TOP or from amain? TOP is probably cheaper?
Old 11-06-2010, 10:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanzo3
Do u guys buy your spares from TOP or from amain? TOP is probably cheaper?
http://rcmarket.com.hk/
Old 11-06-2010, 10:18 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC MARKET

How come Rcmarket selling price is the same as USA?
It much cheaper buy from USA ( usa shipping is much cheaper)
Old 11-07-2010, 04:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OVA
How come Rcmarket selling price is the same as USA?
It much cheaper buy from USA ( usa shipping is much cheaper)
yep, their shipping is outrageous.
Old 11-07-2010, 05:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

If you live elsewhere in the world RC Markets shipping is the same price and they ship quite a bit quicker. As well because of different trade agreements there is quite often no tax or duty from Hong Kong. RC Mushroom ships the fastest of all to where I live, Stormer second, RC Market third.

I ordered my TOP from A Main and it was $31 shipping, it took 11 days and it cost me $52 in customs and shipping or a total of $83 to my door.

I ordered all the batteries diffs, swaybars springs and accesories from RC Mushroom and it cost my $37 for freight and had my stuff in 5 days, no duty or taxes.

Stormer is always 7 days delivered and I have to pay duty and taxes as well.
Old 11-07-2010, 08:37 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cammer
If you live elsewhere in the world RC Markets shipping is the same price and they ship quite a bit quicker. As well because of different trade agreements there is quite often no tax or duty from Hong Kong. RC Mushroom ships the fastest of all to where I live, Stormer second, RC Market third.

I ordered my TOP from A Main and it was $31 shipping, it took 11 days and it cost me $52 in customs and shipping or a total of $83 to my door.

I ordered all the batteries diffs, swaybars springs and accesories from RC Mushroom and it cost my $37 for freight and had my stuff in 5 days, no duty or taxes.

your right....I was refering for usa buyer,to buy their top parts from usa..
Old 11-07-2010, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by OVA
your right....I was refering for usa buyer,to buy their top parts from usa..
We actually ship a lot of orders to Canada. By using the right carrier and the correct customs code you can avoid duty fees
Old 11-07-2010, 11:24 AM
jrp
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default shock balls

What is the trick to get the balls freed up in the shock ends ? I have a ball link reamer for my helis but it is too small for these. Does someone make a larger one, or is there something else ?
Old 11-07-2010, 12:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jrp
What is the trick to get the balls freed up in the shock ends ? I have a ball link reamer for my helis but it is too small for these. Does someone make a larger one, or is there something else ?
If they are bound up you may have threaded the shock shaft to far into the end. I did that and it actually dimpled the inside and bound up the shock real bad. I changed the ends and didn't thread them in as far and all was fixed.
Old 11-07-2010, 03:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cammer

yep just USA shipping, and also price in amain and rcmarket is about the same.
Old 11-07-2010, 05:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jrp
Like was posted before. You could have them threaded in to far. Also a tip to free up all the ball cups on the car. Take a body reamer and lightly ream the top side of the cup. It should free the ball up nicely.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I flipped the drives over on my car as suggested. Thanks for all the good info here. Planning on getting the rest of the stuff ordered this week. Looking forward to driving the car.

Chris
Old 11-07-2010, 06:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Do you guys take off the upper deck to change spur gears? We can only use top or xenon spur gears? How do you take out the aluminum post from the spur gear?
Old 11-07-2010, 07:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanzo3
Do you guys take off the upper deck to change spur gears? We can only use top or xenon spur gears? How do you take out the aluminum post from the spur gear?
I roll the belt off the front diff and slide the pulley out the back. If you have the original RED layshaft, you may have to use some force to get the post out. After removing the assembly from the car, put a screw in one side of the layshaft just a few threads. Support the opposite side bearing somehow so the layshaft is free to slide out. You could center it on an old wheel. The rim will support the bearing and let the layshaft slide out. Use a mallet or hammer and tap the inserted screw until it comes free. If you're reusing the layshaft, you'll have to sand the burrs off the ends to let it slide through the bearings easier. HTH.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My kit came with the black steel layshaft. Any idea what to do with the tab on the end of it? It just spins around as i try to tighten the two layshaft screws. Seems pointless.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.