Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Perry, Widening the car takes traction away from that end. You were probably overheating your front tires when the car was more narrow and late in the run they would overheat and the car would build up front bite.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Team_Elli
Hi here

Any one has some good setup for the foam spec that i should try?
i am a pretty newbie to touring so any help is good

The thing's i have done is just added some anti-caster at front and added 800 oil in front shock's and 550 in the rear shock and added 1,2 swaybar at rear. this helped alot in the consitency of the car but i feel the diffs are not quite where i want them, they are slipping from stand still. If i thight'en them more they are getting more gritty What should i do here?
Hi

I cant help you with a setup, as i am running rubber tc, but i can help you with the diff problem, you have to sand the diff rings down, they are a little uneven, i start with 1000 wet sanding paper, and end up on 2000 wet sanding paper.

If you dont already have it, get a set of ceramic diff balls, end up with RGP diff grease, and your diff is bullet proff!
Old 01-24-2010, 11:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Larry,
thanks for the input and the explaination. Once we put those wide hexes on the front of the car, with that one simple change, it was butter (with a setup that's very similar to the one that you posted previously). Unfortunately, the other Top guys didn't happen to tell me about the optional wide hexes until after the race day was over. But in post-race practice, soon as we put the wider hexes on....the thing was really good and it's handling stayed consistent throught the whole run. For the first day with this car, I was impressed with it and very satisfied. Now that its late run handling issue is fixed, I'm really looking forward to the next outing. Seems that there's lots to learn in this sedan area. Already I've learned that only a little of my experience from so many years of pancar racing will tranfer to the bigger cars. Lots of stuff about sedan racing will need to be learned from scratch. At least I've got a good piece to work with and a group of good guys to learn from.
Perry
Old 01-24-2010, 12:18 PM
Tech Adept

1mm wheel spacers will have the same effect as wide hexes.

If you're not already running them, ceramic balls in the diff (and new diff plates) are a must.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:03 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Congrats to Q on his TQ and wins today at Thunder.....He was the man. Thanks for driving over and running with us.

EA
Old 01-25-2010, 12:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Snapped of front hinge pin

Has anyone experienced breaking their front hinge pin off? Mine just broke this weekend.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DJGonzo69
Has anyone experienced breaking their front hinge pin off? Mine just broke this weekend.
Yes I ve seen this happen on hard enough hits....
Old 01-25-2010, 07:33 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Congrats to Q on his TQ and wins today at Thunder.....He was the man. Thanks for driving over and running with us.

EA
Wow, thanks for the plug Eric. I had a good time running with you guys. The main was sketchy to say the least! I just new you were gonna catch me in the main but, well I guess it just could not have been much closer of a finish.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:40 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team_Elli
Hi here

Any one has some good setup for the foam spec that i should try?
i am a pretty newbie to touring so any help is good

The thing's i have done is just added some anti-caster at front and added 800 oil in front shock's and 550 in the rear shock and added 1,2 swaybar at rear. this helped alot in the consitency of the car but i feel the diffs are not quite where i want them, they are slipping from stand still. If i thight'en them more they are getting more gritty What should i do here?
Check the thrust balls in your diff. Often people fail to count and install the correct number of thrust balls when assembling their difffs.

Eight is the correct number but often seven works as well.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have broke a rear hinge pin but not a front.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:10 AM
Tech Addict

Default Limited Shipping Jan 27-29

TOP USA Customers: We will be doing limited shipping Jan 27-29. Michael needs a break. LOL Actually we are doing inventory.

You can send in your orders, but nothing will be shipped out until next week.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:57 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DaredevilD
I have broke a rear hinge pin but not a front.
I have managed to break 2 front hinge pins... now running XRAY ones (51x3mm) and they seem to be much less brittle.

Mind you, I am driving better now, so maybe I just haven't crashed as hard for a while.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by E.J. Evans
TOP USA Customers: We will be doing limited shipping Jan 27-29. Michael needs a break. LOL Actually we are doing inventory.

You should really have a fulltime inventory guy like me Where I work I inventory everything every 2 months
Old 01-26-2010, 12:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by E.J. Evans

Machines don't need breaks...lol! This guy should be sitting on sandy beach in the Bahamas somewhere.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Gitsum
Machines don't need breaks...lol! This guy should be sitting on sandy beach in the Bahamas somewhere.
Shhh! We're actually going surfing...Bahamas sounds good though

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.