Search
Like Tree2Likes

HPI Cup Racer 1M

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 10:22 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RogerDaShrubber
What you need to do is use exposure compensation and fill flash to overcome the auto exposure of the camera which will determine the correct exposure based on the brightest object in the field of view.
could be... I used spot metering + Ev interval shooting, wasn't messing around with the flash. maybe next time
Old 09-22-2011, 07:04 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Steering servo

What kind of specs do you guys recommend for the steering servo? Right know I'm using the steering servo from my Slash 4x4, its .17s and 125oz/in torque. Do I need that much torque? I also have a couple old Futaba S148 analog servos laying around would that be adequate? I'd like to slow but my slash back together so i can sell it.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:22 PM
Rkk
Tech Adept

How does the future look for the HPI Cup racer? I was looking for a 510 online and the vendor mentioned he had more due next month but that the were being discontinued. Not sure if he meant the were going to stop carrying them or if HPI was cutting them from the line up. Anyone have any more information? I really love the layout of the front end on these and would like to get into the mini class.
Old 09-23-2011, 06:34 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey guys, im having a couple of issues with my CR i was hoping you guys might be able to help me figure out.

1) Not really an issue but i have the front shocks in the lay down position one shock is more compressed than the other when sitting on a flat surface. Is this just a tolerance thing and not really an issue at all?

2) I had my CR on my work bench running to just make sure everything looks good. Im running the Traxxas Velineon system from my Slash 4x4. A few times if i was running in reverse something would cause the driveline to bind up. If i remove the rear end the spur gear hub nut is loose. The back side of the spur gear hub also appears to be wearing down on the dust cover. Is this normal? This binding ended up shearing the front diff hub, ive since replaced that with the exotech part. Anyone seen this issue???

Thanks!
Old 09-24-2011, 07:14 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by KurtL29
Hey guys, im having a couple of issues with my CR i was hoping you guys might be able to help me figure out.

1) Not really an issue but i have the front shocks in the lay down position one shock is more compressed than the other when sitting on a flat surface. Is this just a tolerance thing and not really an issue at all?

2) I had my CR on my work bench running to just make sure everything looks good. Im running the Traxxas Velineon system from my Slash 4x4. A few times if i was running in reverse something would cause the driveline to bind up. If i remove the rear end the spur gear hub nut is loose. The back side of the spur gear hub also appears to be wearing down on the dust cover. Is this normal? This binding ended up shearing the front diff hub, ive since replaced that with the exotech part. Anyone seen this issue???

Thanks!
1: you might wanna check how balanced the left-right sides of the car are.

2: there really should be no binding and rubbing like that. shoot a pic or two and let's have a look... is part nr. 86219 loose? did you fasten the caphead screw into the spider gear well enough?

Last edited by aSab; 09-27-2011 at 11:20 AM.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Anyone here know if the Orion lipo rocket packs fit in the CR's battery stick pack setup ?
Old 09-26-2011, 03:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Saint Bastia
Anyone here know if the Orion lipo rocket packs fit in the CR's battery stick pack setup ?
Not sure but I've got round LiPo packs which are a tiny bit longer and they don't fit. If the packs have square edges that can also create a problem.
Old 09-26-2011, 05:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey Fritzzz, As a guide I'll checkout the HPI Plazma LiPo dimension specs. Cheers.
Old 09-26-2011, 11:41 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have 1 of these in mine.
HTML Code:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXAVHP&P=7
Pack Dimensions: 5.45 x 1.8 x 0.98" (138 x 46 x 25mm)
Old 09-27-2011, 05:25 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

anyone looking for cup racer?

barely driving with new chassis (not a scratch) hot racing drive cups (never break), exotek aluminum shaft cup and exotek titanium turnbuckles. hpi cup racer aluminum coilovers. toyota levin body and datsun sunny body and front ball diff

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...cup-racer.html
Old 09-27-2011, 09:00 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Running hot and bottoming out

Hey guys. I recently built my cup racer and have ran into two issues

1. My motor is running hot at the end of a run.
I am currently running a brushed 19turn Checkpoint Money Motor with an old school Novak Duster II ESC capable of running a motor 12 turns and up, Intellect six cell 4200 nimh pack. I already changed the stock 30 tooth pinion to a 27 tooth to try to avoid running hot.

2. I am bottoming out a lot and the bottom of my car is getting scratched up. I am running on parking lots, but this car seems very low. I am running the gold springs and have the stand up shock set up with 45wt oil on the front shocks.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by kidthunder510; 09-29-2011 at 09:52 AM.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:13 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Help me choose

ok well im a noob to the whole R/c world but if it means anything ive been a diesel technician for about 3 years im young and willing to learn.... so i went to a couple hobby shops and i told them my spending range is 400 bux and EVERYONE is telling to to get a rustler vxl.....i like the trucks BUT i love the smaller scale cars with more customization to do.....so i think im leaning heavily towards the cup racer because i own a toyota starlet and i love the 510 body.....i just wanted to know if i where to build a cup racer which is more money but worth it in my eyes.....or just get a fast durable truck like the rustler vxl and throw a lipo battery in it?????

plz tell me some advice and how fast can you actualy make a cup racer go!?
Old 09-30-2011, 11:07 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by srt4_ocho
ok well im a noob to the whole R/c world but if it means anything ive been a diesel technician for about 3 years im young and willing to learn.... so i went to a couple hobby shops and i told them my spending range is 400 bux and EVERYONE is telling to to get a rustler vxl.....i like the trucks BUT i love the smaller scale cars with more customization to do.....so i think im leaning heavily towards the cup racer because i own a toyota starlet and i love the 510 body.....i just wanted to know if i where to build a cup racer which is more money but worth it in my eyes.....or just get a fast durable truck like the rustler vxl and throw a lipo battery in it?????

well it doesn't take too long to build it, if you're patient and paying attention to the manuals you'll be done with it in 6hrs (worst case scenario that is), or let's say two saturday afternoons.

yet you need to consider, where and how you want to drive an RC? in parking lots only? on an indoor racetrack only? in your backyard only? on an offroad racetrack only? or all of the above mixed? are there any tracks (indoor or outdoor) near to you - are they fitting into your budget?

2WD cars/trucks are about the same challange as 4WD cars, it'll depend greatly on your driving style which one suits you more.

Then consider, that driving all alone is fun - for about 15-45 minutes and then its over. But driving with others is totally different.

You see, decisions, decisions. If you have a son/daughter, consider driving with them too later on...

So, my 2 cents are: go to an offroad track and an indoor track, take a look at them, drive some vehicles that you like (well at least their looks) and then you'll decide easier.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Originally Posted by srt4_ocho

If you want something similar to a cup racer that is cheap and ready to run get a traxxas rally or boss 302 mustang. It has everything you need to get started and parts are cheap and available at any hobby shop.

Old 10-02-2011, 06:43 PM
Rkk
Tech Adept

Last edited by Rkk; 10-02-2011 at 07:03 PM. Reason: redacted

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.