Wiki Posts
Search

lrp spx stock spec

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 05:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by peter george
Last week I ran in a 17.5 class and I was using the SPX on profile 7 but down the straight away I was getting killed.Every body had some kind of boost /timing advance speedo like the tekin.I don't think that I can compete with them can I? So the question would be LRP or tekin? almost every body tells me .....''if you wanna go fast ,you need a tekin'' any opinions?thanks
Rules are changing next year aren't they ? Id avoid buying a new esc so late in the year until you know the rules of the class your going to run in.
Old 09-04-2010, 06:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Lightbulb From LRP forums

http://www.lrp.cc/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6883

I have a problème, i want to buy a LRP speedo for my Yokomo R12 to race in stock class (10.5), in a one Hand i want to buy a SXX SS and on the other hand i very interested with the SXX version 2

Any advice ?
For 1/12 10,5T I would highly recommend using a SXX Stock Spec. This will give you the power that you need and is way better suited then a normal SXX.

The hardware difference between the normal SXX and the SXX SS is very big and I am sure, even if it would possible to swap the different softwares, that a SXX will never have the same performance the SXX SS has.

Best regards
Mirco
Ok, so to me this sounds like the SXXv2 does not have the same boost capabilities as the SXX SS has.

On a side note.
One can find very good deals on previously driven Tekin and LRP speedos here at RCTech
Old 09-04-2010, 06:53 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX

Ok, so to me this sounds like the SXXv2 does not have the same boost capabilities as the SXX SS has.
V2 does have boost.
Old 09-04-2010, 08:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 377 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nilks
The SPX can't keep up anymore. You either need a LRP SXX SS / LRP SXX V2, Hobbywing or Tekin to keep up.
I thought so, will it help if advance the timing on the motor ,and what roll out do you recommend for 17.5? Thank you again for your help.
Old 09-04-2010, 08:58 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by eichkay
Rules are changing next year aren't they ? Id avoid buying a new esc so late in the year until you know the rules of the class your going to run in.
Wow I was not aware of that ...definitely good advise, thanks.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:05 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Nilks
V2 does have boost.
is that you looking for an SPX? in the wanted threads?
Old 09-06-2010, 08:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default how to gear a hotbodies cyclone

hi im still trying to get the gearing down for my hotbodies cyclone i have tried every thing from diffrent fdr /spurs but mostly used a 100 spur where i need to gear it AS for my cyclone tc i have a speed passion pro 2.0 with boost/ timing np there plse help
Old 09-07-2010, 01:08 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by peter george
is that you looking for an SPX? in the wanted threads?
No - I just sold my SPX. Looking to get a Tekin RS Pro or HW Extreme Stock.
Old 09-07-2010, 01:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX

On a side note.
One can find very good deals on previously driven Tekin and LRP speedos here at RCTech
So I wonder if they will be coming out with a SXX SS Ver2?
Old 09-08-2010, 08:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by adam lancia
I've got an SPX coming in the mail shortly, I'll be running 1s 12th scale. Can I wire in a 2s LiPo pack inline with the ESC switch and use the BEC regulator to regulate the Rx pack? Or does anyone know what the max BEC input on the ESC is? Thanks!

You can do this with a small 1C pack as long as you wire the correct polarity. Using the main ESC switch the ESC will then send 6.0 VDC to the receiver. The receiver will then feed the servo and transponder 6.0 VDC.

You will prossibly have problems wiring in a 2C pack as the BEC of the speedcontrol might have a hard time handling the 7.4 VDC from the 2C pack added to the main 1C pack that runs the car. That means the speed control will need to be able to handle 11.1 VDC (12.6VDC total) and I dont think it can do that. I think it has a limit of 9.6 VDC for 8 NmHD cells. Those 8 cells may peak at around 12 VDC, but I am not sure on this.

I ran the 1C battery (450mah) in this configuration for a couple years and had zero trouble. It was the fastest combination I had with the SPX Stock Spec speed control.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by andrew-01
So I wonder if they will be coming out with a SXX SS Ver2?
The SXX SS is already in Version 3.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:38 AM
Tech Rookie

i've just bought an spx stock spec and could do with some help gearing it, i'm running a 13.5 motor in a t/c on a tight carpet track
Old 09-08-2010, 11:04 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by davidl
The SXX SS is already in Version 3.
No. The software is in version 3, but the unit itself is "only" version 1. As far as I know, they will put a SS V2 on the market.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by davidl
You can do this with a small 1C pack as long as you wire the correct polarity. Using the main ESC switch the ESC will then send 6.0 VDC to the receiver. The receiver will then feed the servo and transponder 6.0 VDC.

You will prossibly have problems wiring in a 2C pack as the BEC of the speedcontrol might have a hard time handling the 7.4 VDC from the 2C pack added to the main 1C pack that runs the car. That means the speed control will need to be able to handle 11.1 VDC (12.6VDC total) and I dont think it can do that. I think it has a limit of 9.6 VDC for 8 NmHD cells. Those 8 cells may peak at around 12 VDC, but I am not sure on this.

I ran the 1C battery (450mah) in this configuration for a couple years and had zero trouble. It was the fastest combination I had with the SPX Stock Spec speed control.
Thanks for the info David, I had read that in the Tekin thread about running a small 1s Rx pack along with the main 1s pack and was going to try it out once the ESC gets here. Would I wire it up the same as the attached picture in place of the 2s Rx pack?
Attached Thumbnails lrp spx stock spec-tekin-1s-2s-lipo-rx-pack-inline-switch.jpg  
Old 09-09-2010, 06:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by adam lancia
Thanks for the info David, I had read that in the Tekin thread about running a small 1s Rx pack along with the main 1s pack and was going to try it out once the ESC gets here. Would I wire it up the same as the attached picture in place of the 2s Rx pack?
I had never seen the picture you provided. It is very interesting that the Tekin application used the 2C pack in that circuit. By the way, I interpret the drawing to show the 2C pack in the existing switch circuit of the speed control. Is that correct? I know some people that have connected receiver packs to the Tekin speed controls and their motor would run without a main battery connected to the speed control. I never knew how they connected it, but this looks like a candidate. Sort of makes me think that this type of connection in that speed control will provide more voltage to the motor than the main battery supplies. I have seen several people blow up their receiver packs when connected to the Tekin speed controls, also indicating something funny was going on.

Now to the LRP speed control. I have done this with a Sphere and an SPX Stock Speck version. The 1C battery goes in the switch wiring of the speed control. I didn't explain that in my earlier description because that was mentioned in the comment I quoted. So, now the thing to do is figure out which wire, both are black, comes directly from the big battery, through the speed control to the switch. It can be done with a volt meter. Disconnect that wire from the switch and connect it to the negative side of the small 1C battery. Then connect the positive side of the battery to the switch and you are ready to mount it in the car. You will now measure 6.0 VDC to the receiver from the connection from the speed control, indicating that the BEC of the speed control is functioning properly. That will enhance the operation of your radio system, too. By the way, my battery was a 145 mah 1C lipoly for small helicopters. It was very light and easily mounted in the car.

I put a small JST connector on the two outputs of the small 1C battery for charging. This circuitry has been verified with Reto, but I don't think they will honor warranties if you blow it up while wired this way. They will have to answer that.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.