Wiki Posts
Search

lrp spx stock spec

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 08:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default lrp spx stock spec

Anyone used this? How is it compared to the sphere tc? Anyone?
Old 01-31-2009, 12:22 PM
Tech Initiate

If you're driving on high competition in the stock class it is a must have. The top guys go at least 0,3 sec (on a short indoor track, we espect the different is much bigger on a large outdoor track) pro round faster with the stockspec than the tc spec, but only with a stock moter, why it has extra power programmes for stock moters. With a modified moter you have to choose the modified programme and that's the same as on the tc spec. I've ordered mine allready
Old 01-31-2009, 03:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

0.3 secs faster with SPX? I had a TC Spec in my car this years DHI Cup..
I wonder how much i would dominate the 9.5 class with a SPX instead!
Old 02-01-2009, 12:25 AM
Tech Initiate

Yeah we know you didn't used a SPX, and still cant believe it Congrats to you Tommy! But I haven't driven it on my own, but who have driven really go faster...
Old 02-01-2009, 01:17 AM
Tech Addict

I've heard reports from Snowbirds that it requires quite a bit different gearing. That said, I'm pretty sure the TQ in the 17.5 rubber and foam classes was using a Tekin RS Pro!
Old 02-01-2009, 02:38 AM
Tech Elite

Got it in my driftcar, but the Nosram edition.

amazing how much rpm the power 8 setting add to a 13.5.

It does need changed gearing because it will otherwise smoke something.
Old 02-01-2009, 03:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sounds like the made a speedo with more timing. There a few on the market that do this already... Although not many of them as reliable as the LRP.
Old 02-01-2009, 05:29 AM
Tech Addict

They did some testing with the TC Spec with an LRP 10.5 Stock spec engine... .it had 36.000 RPM. Using the same engine on de SPX Stock spec the engine had 69.000 RPM!!! I couldn't believe it myself, till I saw it...

You do the math..... Mine is already in the 009 for comming outdoor season.
Old 02-01-2009, 05:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rogier
They did some testing with the TC Spec with an LRP 10.5 Stock spec engine... .it had 36.000 RPM. Using the same engine on de SPX Stock spec the engine had 69.000 RPM!!! I couldn't believe it myself, till I saw it...

You do the math..... Mine is already in the 009 for comming outdoor season.
36,000rpm to 69,000 rpm? That's a 33,000rpm increase!
Old 02-01-2009, 05:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

well,in theory its quite impressive,but will motors handle such rpm increase without fry?
Old 02-01-2009, 06:09 AM
Tech Master

Surely that is a typo.
Old 02-01-2009, 07:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

sweet, putting one in my rubber car today, and have one on order for my foam car.
Old 02-01-2009, 08:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Just get a Tekin RS and hotwire. This way you can control all the added timing the ESC is pumping into your motor yourself. That is all these ESC's are doing, at least with Tekin RS you have FULL control of the timing you send to your motor.

Christopher
Old 02-01-2009, 09:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

I have been running SPX for some time now. There is a difference, but it's not big.

- Less internal resistance
- Different profiles (more punch) in programs 5-8.

This makes small difference. All that double RPM talk is total crap. You need to run a bit different (shorter) gearing.

When everything is OK with the gearing and everything, it gives better speed on the end of the power curve (more speed on straight) and in theory also better acceleration out of the curve. Personally I think that power curve is a bit less responsive when getting out from the corner (vs TC spec).

I was running SPX also at DHI, but due some radio etc problems I wasn't able to get into A-final and got pretty much rammed at B.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

guys.........

if you test the motors at no load, it will be scaring rpmish......

I also made a 9.5 spool up to 68400rpm at power setting 6x!!!!!!! That was enough for me to be sure that this kind of testing means nothing and I would never let the motor run at no load with this esc again........needless to mention that I'm coward enough to NOT test it with power settings 7x and 8x

this is speedo set at power values 5~8x just let the motor rev with no end..........basically the longer you keep the trigger pulled the higher the rpm, probably until the rotor disintegrates itself up or the esc shuts off

of course with the motor installed on the car powertrain it doesn't happen because a 9.5t motor has no power to pull the car forward at 68400rpm...........
I did tested the motor installed on the car........
tested with the car on the bench,lipo pack......geared at 6.3 final ratio......power setting 6x.............
pulling the trigger for 3 seconds gave me 7500rpm at the wheel, so the motor reached 47250rpm, the voltage at max rpm was 7.4volts........

same testing but pulling the trigger for 4 seconds and the wheels revved up to 8430 rpm...........motor at 53109 rpm............

pulling for 5 seconds and the poor 9.5T motor nominal rated as 4200rpm/volt just reached 58700rpm!!!!!!! (9320 at the wheels)!! it's almost 8000rpm/volt, higher that a 4.5T!!!!

Needless to go further, if I pulled the trigger for let say 10 seconds or more, the motor would rev up to 70000rpm...........

considering this is a bench test and with the car at the track there's a lot more load, the motor has no power to reach such a high rpm value........

I'm sure at very open and fast tracks with long straights this esc will be just unbeatable, at short tracks with shorter ratio it will yield a slight overall advantage only........

basically what this nice esc does is to advance timing to over insane values when we use the power profiles for stock racing, that turns our stock puppies into an endless rpm device..........
it's needed to use shorter ratio (2 pinion teeth to start) to get an advantage of the higher rpm, because the motor will loose power as it revs up and with taller ratio it will just have no power to pull the car forward and will probably fry.........

that's it..........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.