R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-29-2006, 01:33 PM   #16876
Tech Regular
 
LBSR415's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: RAZOR GRAPHIX
Posts: 480
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by proceed5
Yeah mate, the word should have been "inverted" and not "flip it around"...
some better pics
Attached Thumbnails
Tamiya TRF415-mre-415-003.jpg   Tamiya TRF415-mre-415-004.jpg   Tamiya TRF415-mre-415-005.jpg   Tamiya TRF415-mre-415-006.jpg  
__________________
Team OHP
Razor Graphix
East Coast R/C
Pantheon Motorsports

These fish,,,are frozen.
LBSR415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 02:12 PM   #16877
Tech Master
 
sohlman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Outside NYC
Posts: 1,739
Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek Nickal
For the ball cups where you can access the ball stud from the top, cut the top off the ball cup so you can just unscrew the ball stud without having to remove the ball cup.
Same here. I have also replaced most of the ball studs on my MRE with the new Tamiya ball studs with hex heads. Makes for easier maintenance for sure.
__________________
Steve Sohl

Last edited by sohlman; 12-29-2006 at 08:09 PM.
sohlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 08:05 PM   #16878
Tech Addict
 
proceed5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: KL
Posts: 499
Default

Would anyone here knows how to fit a Center One-way onto the 415-MRE's standard locked-center shaft, or do we need to wait for Tamiya to release a different center shafts to fit in center one-ways ? Thanx.
proceed5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 08:10 PM   #16879
Tech Master
 
Tek Nickal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,301
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by proceed5
Would anyone here knows how to fit a Center One-way onto the 415-MRE's standard locked-center shaft, or do we need to wait for Tamiya to release a different center shafts to fit in center one-ways ? Thanx.
Use a standard 415 center shaft, and you are able to fit a center one-way.
Tek Nickal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 08:13 PM   #16880
Tech Regular
 
LBSR415's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: RAZOR GRAPHIX
Posts: 480
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by proceed5
Would anyone here knows how to fit a Center One-way onto the 415-MRE's standard locked-center shaft, or do we need to wait for Tamiya to release a different center shafts to fit in center one-ways ? Thanx.
Proceed,,,see my pics
__________________
Team OHP
Razor Graphix
East Coast R/C
Pantheon Motorsports

These fish,,,are frozen.
LBSR415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 08:32 PM   #16881
Tech Addict
 
proceed5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: KL
Posts: 499
Default

LBSR415 and Tec Nickal, guys thanks. Looks like I'll need the Msx's center shaft afterall.
proceed5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 05:06 AM   #16882
Tech Master
 
Wing Chun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Gold Coast,Australia
Posts: 1,025
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Hi Guy's
I ran my MSX modified today and the car is going great. The speed and handling of the car is the best it has ever been except there is on big sweeping Left hander onto the main straight and as I power through this corner onto the straight at full throttle I get understeer and i have to back off the throttle and then power again. My mates Yoky, he hits it full speed and comes through there so much faster than me. If any of you guys could give me 1 thing to adjust on my car please do to inprove this part of the track because I am fast enough on the rest, but this section has broke my car in to the main straight wall more times then I can remember.The concrete section after the sweeper really hurt's
Here are a few piuc's to show you what I am up against.
pic 1 The sweeper (coming out)
pic 2 The whole corner ( sorry about the picture Dirty lens)
pic 3 The straight and THAT WALL

I have tried different lines with the power on but to slow through there. If I can fix the understeer It would be great.
Thanks Guy's
Addam
Attached Thumbnails
Tamiya TRF415-sweeper-straight-small-.jpg   Tamiya TRF415-sweeper-1-small-.jpg   Tamiya TRF415-sweeper-end-straight-small-.jpg  
Wing Chun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 05:52 AM   #16883
Tech Master
 
bender's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 1,504
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Addam,

Some things to try (all will give improved on-power steering):

*Run a one-way or spool up front (if you aren't already).

*2 degree caster blocks - but you'll lose some high speed turn-in, and the car will be more twitchy at low speeds.

*thicker rear roll-bar (or thinner front)

*straighten up the rear shocks (ie: more vertical)

*stiffer rear springs

__________________
Jason W
FIR#2 - "You can't buy this much talent"
Durango Dex410 - Schumacher Cougar SV - Top Photon
bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 06:13 AM   #16884
Tech Master
 
Wing Chun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Gold Coast,Australia
Posts: 1,025
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Hi Bender
Thanks Mate, I am running a Diff so I will change it to a spool, I used to run the One-way but at our track there are 2 corner's you have to brake hard on and my big ASS would spin out Also I am running a yellow front sway and a red back so i will change to yellow/yellow sway bar.
I have heard that the #2 degree will be better but what do you mean by more twitchy?
Some great things to work on , Man that mean's another late night in the garage Ha Ha.
At least my wife won't have to put up with my snoring
Thanks Mate
Addam
Wing Chun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 01:51 PM   #16885
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Somewhere on earth
Posts: 927
Default

Selling my 415 RD edition. If any uk guys are interested i can sort out a good deal on it.
Rick Draper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 04:58 PM   #16886
Tech Master
 
bender's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 1,504
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRFMAD
Hi Bender
Thanks Mate, I am running a Diff so I will change it to a spool, I used to run the One-way but at our track there are 2 corner's you have to brake hard on and my big ASS would spin out Also I am running a yellow front sway and a red back so i will change to yellow/yellow sway bar.
I have heard that the #2 degree will be better but what do you mean by more twitchy?
Some great things to work on , Man that mean's another late night in the garage Ha Ha.
At least my wife won't have to put up with my snoring
Thanks Mate
Addam
Just changing to a spool will solve most of the understeer instantly, as using a diff up front on asphalt is generally a waste of time.

Twitchy - what I mean is that the car will feel very responsive at low speeds, ie: the car will tend to dart around with even the smallest amount of wheel movement, especially on power. Depending upon the track, this can take some time to get used to.

I found at Bayside my MSX worked well with 2 degree caster, but the Evo5 didn't seem to be as good.
__________________
Jason W
FIR#2 - "You can't buy this much talent"
Durango Dex410 - Schumacher Cougar SV - Top Photon
bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 07:48 PM   #16887
Tech Addict
 
proceed5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: KL
Posts: 499
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRFMAD
Hi Guy's
I ran my MSX modified today and the car is going great. The speed and handling of the car is the best it has ever been except there is on big sweeping Left hander onto the main straight and as I power through this corner onto the straight at full throttle I get understeer and i have to back off the throttle and then power again. My mates Yoky, he hits it full speed and comes through there so much faster than me. If any of you guys could give me 1 thing to adjust on my car please do to inprove this part of the track because I am fast enough on the rest, but this section has broke my car in to the main straight wall more times then I can remember.The concrete section after the sweeper really hurt's
Here are a few piuc's to show you what I am up against.
pic 1 The sweeper (coming out)
pic 2 The whole corner ( sorry about the picture Dirty lens)
pic 3 The straight and THAT WALL

I have tried different lines with the power on but to slow through there. If I can fix the understeer It would be great.
Thanks Guy's
Addam
Hi Addam,
IMO: from your description, if your car understeers (pushes) while in mid corner or exiting the corner, I think a bit too much weight has been transferred to your car's rear-tires relative to the front-tires. Quick remedy to this would be (1stly) stiffening rear springs one notch, and/or (2) soften front springs one notch.
Alternatively, maybe try droop settings. let there be more rear down-drop so that the car can transfer a bit more weight to the front.
As for the front C-hubs I would use 4degrees instead of 2degrees. Generally I would prefer more Front Caster Angle for Fast-Sweeping tracks like in your picture. Depending on situation, adding Positive Front Kick-up may help.
Just my 2cents. Hope it helps. Have a nice one mate.
proceed5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 12:13 AM   #16888
Tech Master
 
Wing Chun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Gold Coast,Australia
Posts: 1,025
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Thank's Mate,
Have a great new year. 6 hours till new year. 5.59min 5.58 min
Best wishes fellow TRF's
Addam
Wing Chun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 11:46 AM   #16889
Tech Elite
 
HarshGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Roseville, CA
Posts: 3,379
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Does anyone have the part number for the white springs? (to fit an MRE) ...I keep ordering the wrong ones, I end up getting the short white springs
__________________
http://www.arroyoc.com
http://www.gearchart.com
http://www.weracemountainbikes.com
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 12:44 PM   #16890
Tech Master
 
tamiyarcracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 1,633
Send a message via Yahoo to tamiyarcracer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshGuy
Does anyone have the part number for the white springs? (to fit an MRE) ...I keep ordering the wrong ones, I end up getting the short white springs
They are only availible in a set with the red, yellows, & blues.
53440
the complete set in white is no longer availible
tamiyarcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TAMIYA TRF415 Xray XB8 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 32 04-04-2008 08:50 PM
Tamiya TRF415 Crashmaster R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 19 12-13-2006 04:48 PM
Tamiya TRF415 MS NIB koabich R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 8 11-11-2005 07:28 AM
F/S Tamiya TRF415 rraden R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 20 06-10-2005 09:02 PM
Tamiya Evo IV or TRF415 TheDevil Electric On-Road 23 10-15-2004 07:27 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
Eazy
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:29 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net