R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-13-2006, 07:33 PM   #15121
Tech Master
 
Burlap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,277
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Burlap
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRF415boy
Simple answer : Square alloy front hubs...
So I have heard, but I have seen them bend. Plus near impossible to get.
Burlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 01:58 AM   #15122
Tech Master
 
buboy28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: manila,philippines
Posts: 1,601
Send a message via AIM to buboy28 Send a message via Yahoo to buboy28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burlap
So I have heard, but I have seen them bend. Plus near impossible to get.
i think Steve of SPEEDTECH RC ca help you out if not try RC CHAMP
buboy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 10:44 PM   #15123
Tech Elite
 
kewdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Sneederville, USA
Posts: 3,311
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbonium
p.s. the new alloy front diff fit perfectly with a TA05 pulley in the front... now i need to get the Alternated pulley for that as well, so i match!
I didin't know the the front diff had been released?! Where'd you get it?
__________________
Quinn Moon

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 10:58 PM   #15124
Tech Elite
 
Turbonium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,302
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Turbonium
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewdawg
I didin't know the the front diff had been released?! Where'd you get it?
i had ordered them along with the MRE from Champ... got 2, actually. i have an assortment of 415s! i think i have all of them, except the actual MSX... mine is a convert. plus, 2 MS's... getting out of hand!

the front diff is very nice.. just like the rear. uses the blades, as well. i should have ordered another alternated pulley at the same time.

what did everyone do for fitting the white pulleys on the oneway? cut down the pulley, or the bearing holders?
__________________
Wes

Team Novak
Turbonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 01:49 AM   #15125
Tech Master
 
TRF415boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,857
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burlap
So I have heard, but I have seen them bend. Plus near impossible to get.
whoever bent them is an animal. I've had mine for more than a year and they're absolutely fine.
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 06:58 AM   #15126
Tech Elite
 
axle182's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 3,784
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to axle182
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbonium
i had ordered them along with the MRE from Champ... got 2, actually. i have an assortment of 415s! i think i have all of them, except the actual MSX... mine is a convert. plus, 2 MS's... getting out of hand!

the front diff is very nice.. just like the rear. uses the blades, as well. i should have ordered another alternated pulley at the same time.

what did everyone do for fitting the white pulleys on the oneway? cut down the pulley, or the bearing holders?
The usual solution is to cut down the flange on the bearing holder (i got an extra set so i could have one holder set for the one way) it works totally fine. i was slack and only shaved one holder. be careful not to shave the entire flange off as your bearing can move out and create way too much slop in the one way. but this works and its an easy solution.
__________________
Aaron "AJ" Freind
axle182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 07:18 AM   #15127
Tech Elite
 
HarshGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Roseville, CA
Posts: 3,379
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axle182
The usual solution is to cut down the flange on the bearing holder (i got an extra set so i could have one holder set for the one way) it works totally fine. i was slack and only shaved one holder. be careful not to shave the entire flange off as your bearing can move out and create way too much slop in the one way. but this works and its an easy solution.
Any way you can post a pic of the holder with maybe an arrow or something of where to cut? I got my extra set of bearing holders yesterday, already got the oneway on my last shipment ...just don't want to "hork it up"
__________________
http://www.arroyoc.com
http://www.gearchart.com
http://www.weracemountainbikes.com
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 08:18 AM   #15128
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,284
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshGuy
Any way you can post a pic of the holder with maybe an arrow or something of where to cut? I got my extra set of bearing holders yesterday, already got the oneway on my last shipment ...just don't want to "hork it up"
http://www.thard.co.uk/tips/TA05pulleys.html

I'm still working on the tips section, it's slowly getting there.

Ed
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | MuchMore |
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 08:44 AM   #15129
Tech Elite
 
HarshGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Roseville, CA
Posts: 3,379
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard
http://www.thard.co.uk/tips/TA05pulleys.html

I'm still working on the tips section, it's slowly getting there.

Ed
Kewl ...thanks ..that is perfect
__________________
http://www.arroyoc.com
http://www.gearchart.com
http://www.weracemountainbikes.com
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 09:24 AM   #15130
Tech Regular
 
diesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Singapore
Posts: 393
Default

Tryhard, thanks for the great piece of info.

Anyone with the part numbers for the oneway housings and other necessary parts to convert to a oneway on the mre? Thanks.
diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 09:28 AM   #15131
Tech Elite
 
axle182's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 3,784
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to axle182
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard
http://www.thard.co.uk/tips/TA05pulleys.html

I'm still working on the tips section, it's slowly getting there.

Ed
Still the best place on the net for MSX info, awesome site Ed. Your a scholar
__________________
Aaron "AJ" Freind
axle182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 09:37 AM   #15132
Tech Elite
 
HarshGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Roseville, CA
Posts: 3,379
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

What was the part number for the LWT arms again? And does anyone have Mrc Reinhard's 05 IIC setup? I see on Ed's site there is Martin Crisps, Tamiya site has a oneway setup for Marc Reinhard, but it has Sorex 32's as the tires so I'm pretty sure it isn't from the IIC as the handot tire for that was CS27's.
__________________
http://www.arroyoc.com
http://www.gearchart.com
http://www.weracemountainbikes.com
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 10:12 AM   #15133
Tech Elite
 
JayL's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ca
Posts: 2,880
Default

if you mean the new short evo 5 ones:53928
if you mean the original MRE lt. wt ones:51104

Harsh: the new MRE pulleys are diff than the msx ones and the diff doesn't need and can't use that sticker anymore...just get some good balls..the stock ones blow..I use acer ceramic..also put a oring in the diff over the screw head to cover the thrust. Like Juan said: all you need to do it clean not replace..

hier: awesome to meet you! grats on the win! come out some more!
JayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 10:18 AM   #15134
Tech Elite
 
JayL's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ca
Posts: 2,880
Default

Harsh: how much anti-dive you try??? I run .3mm and it works great...you put the shim under the Front rear block, right?
JayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 10:22 AM   #15135
Tech Elite
 
HarshGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Roseville, CA
Posts: 3,379
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayL
Harsh: how much anti-dive you try??? I run .3mm and it works great...you put the shim under the Front rear block, right?
.5 ...yea ...It just had to much mid to exit ...had to steer out of the turn to much at the end, took it out, changed sway bar and then it was money

I don't know ...whicever ones I would want to use for a oneway carpet setup!!
__________________
http://www.arroyoc.com
http://www.gearchart.com
http://www.weracemountainbikes.com
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TAMIYA TRF415 Xray XB8 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 32 04-04-2008 08:50 PM
Tamiya TRF415 Crashmaster R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 19 12-13-2006 04:48 PM
Tamiya TRF415 MS NIB koabich R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 8 11-11-2005 07:28 AM
F/S Tamiya TRF415 rraden R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 20 06-10-2005 09:02 PM
Tamiya Evo IV or TRF415 TheDevil Electric On-Road 23 10-15-2004 07:27 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:24 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net