Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
SMC 4000/25C/3.7V single cell Hardcase pack. >

SMC 4000/25C/3.7V single cell Hardcase pack.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SMC 4000/25C/3.7V single cell Hardcase pack.

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 04:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KHoff7
13.5 geared correctly and no dumping feeling at all.
The dumping feeling then may come from over gearing? Or is it the speed control? Was your gearing the same? And this is with a 300mah lipo?

It sucks I just fell in love with my Tekin RS, and now may have to go back to the GTB.

Wow....
Old 11-25-2008, 04:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TVMRocket69
And if U would've my post here U would have nothing to say. Now U sound like someone else I know that only wants to start trouble. Learn to read I'm agreeing with what they are trying to do. Do U understand. or do I have to use smaller words for U.
Old 11-25-2008, 04:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sportpak
It sucks I just fell in love with my Tekin RS, and now may have to go back to the GTB.
PM me if you want to sell the RS

Really.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by reenmachine
PM me if you want to sell the RS

Really.
Vulture.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The dumping feeling then may come from over gearing? Or is it the speed control? Was your gearing the same? And this is with a 300mah lipo?

Wow....
Here is the best way I can describe my setup. (you may not need a gtb (I have no idea if you do or not))

Take the gtb and plug it into the receiver as normal

Use a receiver pack and plug it into an empty slot on your receiver (I used a 160 mah pack and I was only taking about 50 mah off per run)

Plug the Lipo single cell into your gtb as normal

Do not turn on the speed control (sounds weird but works)

use a 13.5 to equal stock speeds

There you have it it will provide equal stock speeds and have NO dumping AT ALL during an 8 minute run.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:23 PM
Tech Elite

Wow....
And no the dumping feeling was not from over gearing, I was actually undergeared previously in order to preserve the pack. Just gear to best suit your track as you would normally. Gearing seems to be correct around 2-4 teeth under usual 17.5 gearing.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:05 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

From what I was told by Novak is that not all speed control have the same layout so not all speed controls will act the same. So far the GTB with a reciever pack and the switch turned off seems to work but I know that a Tekin will not as Donny Lia has tried it. Nexus Racing seems to have had good luck with the LRP and I know that the new KO should work but we will only have tests done in a few weeks.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Speed Passion?
Old 11-25-2008, 08:21 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

I put new gearing and now no dumping feeling for the whole 8 mins.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KHoff7
Just got back from running it with a gtb with all wires intact and not turning the gtb on. It worked for the whole 8 minutes and did not drain the receiver pack anymore than usual. This is the setup im running from here on out.
Which GTB esc are you using?
Old 11-26-2008, 06:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Danny/SMC
From what I was told by Novak is that not all speed control have the same layout so not all speed controls will act the same. So far the GTB with a reciever pack and the switch turned off seems to work but I know that a Tekin will not as Donny Lia has tried it. Nexus Racing seems to have had good luck with the LRP and I know that the new KO should work but we will only have tests done in a few weeks.
I was told by Tekin, if I wanted to run the RS and the single cell lipo to cut the red wire from the esc if I wanted to use a reciever pack. They (Tekin) does not recommend NOT cutting the red wire, as you are then backfeeding the power into the ESC instead of the path it is supposed to take (got a little too technical for me)
by running a reciever pack (I use the losi micro lipo) I'm feeding my servo, Receiver and personal tranpsonder with 7.4 volts. I have been running my stuff this way (with the exception of the RS) for over a year and havn't had any problems. I'm waiting on my single cell and plan on running it the same way. so the single cell will be running the ESC and motor, while the receiver pack will be running the servo, reciever and PT.
Old 11-26-2008, 06:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RoyU
Which GTB esc are you using?
The regular 6 cell version but I took the heatsink off.
Old 11-26-2008, 04:19 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Originally Posted by acyrier
I was told by Tekin, if I wanted to run the RS and the single cell lipo to cut the red wire from the esc if I wanted to use a reciever pack. They (Tekin) does not recommend NOT cutting the red wire, as you are then backfeeding the power into the ESC instead of the path it is supposed to take (got a little too technical for me)
by running a reciever pack (I use the losi micro lipo) I'm feeding my servo, Receiver and personal tranpsonder with 7.4 volts. I have been running my stuff this way (with the exception of the RS) for over a year and havn't had any problems. I'm waiting on my single cell and plan on running it the same way. so the single cell will be running the ESC and motor, while the receiver pack will be running the servo, reciever and PT.
I didn't cut the red wire in the "J" connector on the RS. Just use an x-acto blade to gently lift the retaining tab, pull the red wire out, and tape it off. If you ever need to use the Hotwire, simply re insert the red wire.
Basically the Tekin ESC dosen't seem to care where it gets voltage from. If it sees voltage at all, either through the "J" connector or the main power leads, it will try to send the voltage to the motor.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:03 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Wow, THis is pretty cool. Im going to need to get one of these packs and mess around with it. I would like to find a way to make the cars work really well without adding the weight. I will be ordering one up next week.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SpraydbySprague
Basically the Tekin ESC dosen't seem to care where it gets voltage from. If it sees voltage at all, either through the "J" connector or the main power leads, it will try to send the voltage to the motor.
Like I said, Tekin told me to do it the way I described, so that's what I'll be doing. I would suggest, if a manufacturer says to do it a particular way...probalby good idea to do it that way. I was doing it the way you described until I had that conversation with Jim (tekin prez). And it did act "normal" but though that conversation, I changed the way I was doing it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.