Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2897Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2017, 03:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Anyone try these new f1 tires? Volante VF1
Attached Thumbnails 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-volante_rear.jpg  
Old 08-12-2017, 04:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fat500
Anyone try these new f1 tires? Volante VF1
I have not tried nor seen them, but I have heard from one person that they look like Shiit I dont know first hand though
MantisWorx likes this.
Old 08-12-2017, 06:49 PM
Tech Master

New body I picked up from Switzerland. Its an ODP DittoDtitto Gonzo body and it is tearing it up in Europe this summer. Gonzo is a member of my FB page so I have been following him and his conquests with this body, impressive to say the least. Won Swiss Champs last month. Any way I finally painted mine, albeit not very well, but decals saved the day. I put it on my SP1 and still have some minor fitting but I dig it. I hope some of you do as well. Its kind of an offshoot of the 89 Tyrrell car. The livery changed a few times that year so I stuck with Camel and winged the rest,
Attached Thumbnails 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-sp1tyrrell1.jpg   1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-sp1tyrrwll2.jpg   1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-sp1tyrrell3.jpg  
Antimullet and forFREEDOM like this.
Old 08-12-2017, 07:40 PM
Tech Master

Me again. I own the weekends it seems. But I have a question that I have actually never thought of. Servos. I mount servos, mostly low profile Savox and now a Team Powers Primus, depending on fitment. Vertical mostly which defeats purpose of a low profile servo I know. Question is: what difference does it make mounting vertical vs horizontal? Seriously none of the usual sarcasm that I spew. What is the differences of either way of mounting servo? I honestly don't know but it will answer several other questions I have with handling.
Attached Thumbnails 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-img_0813%5B1%5D.jpg   1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-img_0880%5B1%5D.jpg  
Old 08-12-2017, 07:48 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by texastc
I have not tried nor seen them, but I have heard from one person that they look like Shiit I dont know first hand though
I think they are using those in the Asian onroad championships right now in Australia.
texastc likes this.
Old 08-13-2017, 12:11 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

New body I picked up from Switzerland. Its an ODP DittoDtitto Gonzo body and it is tearing it up in Europe this summer. Gonzo is a member of my FB page so I have been following him and his conquests with this body, impressive to say the least. Won Swiss Champs last month. Any way I finally painted mine, albeit not very well, but decals saved the day. I put it on my SP1 and still have some minor fitting but I dig it. I hope some of you do as well. Its kind of an offshoot of the 89 Tyrrell car. The livery changed a few times that year so I stuck with Camel and winged the rest,
Paint job and stickers looks pretty good. The body is ugly as puke though. Looks like more and more companies are producing these wanna be cars. At this rate all the body shells will resemble nothing like F1 just as the TCs are in the name of performance...

Maybe there should be a new category called "un life like", so everyone who wants to run with these weird creations can... but don't go around calling it F1 or whatever category they are pretending to emulate.
Old 08-13-2017, 12:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

LOL USGT is going the same way. Just put "GT" after the body name and viola! its a GT car. Same thing here.
Old 08-13-2017, 04:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SpeedySST
LOL USGT is going the same way. Just put "GT" after the body name and viola! its a GT car. Same thing here.
You are 100% wrong on USGT. Sorry.
Old 08-13-2017, 05:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Tire stickers

Does anybody make tire decals that are sealed so glue doesnt make the ink run? Cut from vinyl?
Old 08-13-2017, 09:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Xpress
Does anybody make tire decals that are sealed so glue doesnt make the ink run? Cut from vinyl?

You can protect the print by clearcoating the decals before you apply them. Use extremly light coat or the binder will disolve the resin print. Crystal clear will give you a high gloss look and matt will look softer and dull. A couple of super light coats is all you will need.
Old 08-14-2017, 05:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
Sure buddy. Lets compare the legal P Zero to the not legal McAllister Cadillac DP.
Old 08-14-2017, 06:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

McAllister is making a Cadillac DP or prototype? Where did you see it? Got any photo's? I went to the McAllister site and couldn't find anything on it. Come on. Please share. Inquiring racers want to know.
Old 08-14-2017, 08:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
Sure buddy. Lets compare the legal P Zero to the not legal McAllister Cadillac DP.
Originally Posted by mleemor60
McAllister is making a Cadillac DP or prototype? Where did you see it? Got any photo's? I went to the McAllister site and couldn't find anything on it. Come on. Please share. Inquiring racers want to know.

Lol, your UGST "argument" is spilling over to the F1 thread, could you roll to the right next time you get a chance and get back in the USGT thread?
Rick Vessell likes this.
Old 08-14-2017, 10:57 AM
Tech Master

OK I bought The Gonzo body, and here is why, I looked at it for a long time different pics, angles and what not. No it does not resemble a particular modern body. An no it doesn't resemble any classic body. But what it does resemble is bits from the classic along with bits from the present. I can see the WiLLIAMS F14, the Lotus 101t blended in with the FIA Safety changes of 2005. There McLaren bits, Ferrari and even the hated Mercedes represented (hated by me I am Tifosi) So I disagree, its not an F1GT its an F1 idea, a compromise, maybe something to work with. I dig it. And honestly to me, that's all that matters
Old 08-14-2017, 11:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

OK I bought The Gonzo body, and here is why, I looked at it for a long time different pics, angles and what not. No it does not resemble a particular modern body. An no it doesn't resemble any classic body. But what it does resemble is bits from the classic along with bits from the present. I can see the WiLLIAMS F14, the Lotus 101t blended in with the FIA Safety changes of 2005. There McLaren bits, Ferrari and even the hated Mercedes represented (hated by me I am Tifosi) So I disagree, its not an F1GT its an F1 idea, a compromise, maybe something to work with. I dig it. And honestly to me, that's all that matters
I get it. I'm not sure I agree with it, but I get it. My biggest issue is everybody turning the nose into scoops to try to get downforce, and in your mounted picture it looks like it's got some reverse rake in it so what's supposed to simulate the bulges over the wishbone is significantly higher than the cockpit.
scirocco14 likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.